Rob Ford (Toronto mayor) kicked from office.

Nov. 14, 2013, 9:06 a.m.

And does he really have to hire a driver with a violent criminal history (35 charges including drug trafficking and 6 convictions for assault, harassment and making death threats) and underworld connections? Really? Who in their right mind would hire someone like that for a job? Any job. And he's only a pretend tough guy. His assault charges are from beating up women. The death threat charges came after he was knocked to the ground in a fight.

Like they say,keep your friends close and your enemies closer,right?…RIGHT???

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 14, 2013, 9:41 a.m.

Now now. Ford is just giving a guy who did his time a chance to live a clean life …

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kn.

hug a drug thug

Nov. 14, 2013, 10 a.m.

The Blue Jays, the Raptors, the Leafs, the Mayor…they are all horrible. Somebody needs to test the drinking water in that place.:dizzy:

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:21 a.m.

Regardless of who is the mayor. I think the office of the mayor should have a driver come as part of the office.

The office of mayor did have a driver (for many years) - Ford cancelled the position as part of stopping the gravy train.

The people in council who are trying their best to get rid of him are the same people who have gone after him long before he was elected to mayor. And are poorly behaved as well, Coucillor Vaughan comes to mind.

I am actually really shocked that your are a Rob Ford supporter…

I can laugh with all the jokers (and/or idiots if they actually aren't joking) who "would love to party with Rob Ford" because of his excessive substance use (admitted), hard charging life style, and jolly/angry bellowing, but…

Buffoonery aside, he is a regular drunk driver (semi-admitted), physical and emotional spouse abuser (accused - not proven in court), at best a Xenophobe (and you could definitely make the case he's a full blown racist) at the head of Canada's most multicultural city, and there is still lots of exciting stuff to come…

Some other politicians may be drunks, clowns, corrupt, unduly influenced by lobbyists, or just idiots -- Ford actively consorts with criminal elements to the point that one can assume he is either a participant in the Toronto underworld or at the very least putting his office under at risk to their influence.

It actually boggles my mind that anyone still supports him…

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:28 a.m.

Buffoonery aside, he is a regular drunk driver (semi-admitted), physical and emotional spouse abuser (accused - not proven in court), at best a Xenophobe (and you could definitely make the case he's a full blown racist) at the head of Canada's most multicultural city, and there is still lots of exciting stuff to come…

OK … I'll start:

Mugshot from Miami, Florida, Feb 15, 1999 - DUI, refusing brethalizer and marijuana possession. Served 50 hours of community service. If he'd been a black dude, he'd still be in jail.

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:30 a.m.

It actually boggles my mind that anyone still supports him.

And that's why I think we need to really really examine our educational system. I can't see how, if Canadians were getting a good education and learning to think critically, there could possibly be enough supporters for this goon to elect him to office in the first place.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:31 a.m.

If the rumour is true there might be something positive coming out of this. Seems that there is talk of de amalgamating the Mega City that is Toronto. And returning to what it was prior to this failed experiment.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:35 a.m.

The office of mayor did have a driver (for many years) - Ford cancelled the position as part of stopping the gravy train.

I am actually really shocked that your are a Rob Ford supporter…

I can laugh with all the jokers (and/or idiots if they actually aren't joking) who "would love to party with Rob Ford" because of his excessive substance use (admitted), hard charging life style, and jolly/angry bellowing, but…

Some other politicians may be drunks, clowns, corrupt, unduly influenced by lobbyists, or just idiots -- Ford actively consorts with criminal elements to the point that one can assume he is either a participant in the Toronto underworld or at the very least putting his office under at risk to their influence.

It actually boggles my mind that anyone still supports him…

-D

Never said I liked him. The point was it was the same cast of characters who for years have gone after him. Nothing more really.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:37 a.m.

And that's why I think we need to really really examine our educational system. I can't see how, if Canadians were getting a good education and learning to think critically, there could possibly be enough supporters for this goon to elect him to office in the first place.

Kn.

Okay I will bite….since your so educated compared to everyone else….How do you think he was elected to the office of mayor?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:44 a.m.

An executive at the level of RF should have a driver cuz its a very big job and you have to ask if that job is being done well or at all?

In many corps a driver (not some criminal)does the driving while the exec is making calls or reading reports yadayada doing work, so a driver for the mayor should be a net gain to the people of toro

Instead RF is making calls (possibly to his pusher?)while driving, reading while driving, drinking while driving

if the rest of council is poorly behaved maybe its because RF has lowered the bar?

Nov. 14, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

The rumour mill was correct…

Petition to deamalgamate Mega City Toronto.

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ontario-premier-kathleen-wynne-de-amalgamate-the-city-of-toronto

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2013/11/11/Rob-Ford-De-Amalgamate/

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2013/05/23/Rob-Ford-Meltdown/

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/joshua-ostroff/rob-ford-suburbs_b_4213441.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 14, 2013, 11:02 a.m.

Okay I will bite….since your so educated compared to everyone else….How do you think he was elected to the office of mayor?

Ummmmm …

You DO understand that the full reasoning was included in my above post? That our education system … at all levels … fails to impart critical thinking skill to Canadian students? Do you get that, with some critical thinking skills (something that can be taught at grade school level), voters would understand that Ford is all loud-mouthed bluster and no real benefit to the city. This series of scandals was not needed to bring that point to a head.

He was elected mayor by undereducated fools.

And it's "you're". Contraction for "You are", not the possessive "your".

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 14, 2013, 11:24 a.m.

I wonder how many Canadian cities are now checking their laws on how to get rid of a Mayor or Councillor who implodes like this?

Nov. 14, 2013, 11:29 a.m.

Ummmmm …

You DO understand that the full reasoning was included in my above post? That our education system … at all levels … fails to impart critical thinking skill to Canadian students? Do you get that, with some critical thinking skills (something that can be taught at grade school level), voters would understand that Ford is all loud-mouthed bluster and no real benefit to the city. This series of scandals was not needed to bring that point to a head.

He was elected mayor by undereducated fools.

Kn.

Actually it has less to do with the education system and more to do with policy decisions.

When it was put forth 15 years ago the idea of amalgamation and voted on 78% said no. His response was to ram it through regardless of what anyone said. His reasoning was to control votes in Toronto. Since this forced situation it has been pretty much the current state….pre Amalg Toronto vs everyone else. And can be seen in conversations about voting. People who live in pre Amalg Toronto talk like you….those people living in North York are stupid and under educated because they voted for someone who you don't like.

Reality is as I have mentioned before…Ford like Mel Lastman where voted in by the people living outside of what used to Pre Amalg Toronto. Simple reason is the people who voted Ford in did so because they feel un represented. And as I mentioned before the voting map when it comes to Ford….matches the boundary of Pre Amalg Tpronto and what was Scarborogh, N York, and so on. And in reality if Mike Harris had not influenced voting results by forcing the amalgamation.

We wouldn't be at the current state of affairs. Because the reality is this ill feeling and Pre Amalg Toronto vs everyone else wouldn't have been festering like a open wound hidden in plain sight. Now that it is there for all to see. Hopefully this will be enough of a catalyst for the Meg City to be deamagamated.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 14, 2013, 11:31 a.m.

I wonder how many Canadian cities are now checking their laws on how to get rid of a Mayor or Councillor who implodes like this?

And how many who thought of maybe amalgamating are looking at Toronto and thinking……no thanks.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk