RIP: Robin Williams

Aug. 11, 2014, 9:12 p.m.

Depression can eat shit and die.

Sad day.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 12, 2014, 10:40 a.m.

The guy was a legend. One of the all time greats for sure.

With his passing everyone is talking about their favorite movie and it seems that one keeps getting forgotten.

Also, if you haven't seen it, this one rules.

Aug. 12, 2014, 11:04 a.m.

With his passing everyone is talking about their favorite movie and it seems that one keeps getting forgotten.

Good Morning Vietnam was the first thing, movie or TV, I saw Robin Williams in. Loved him ever since. Death to Smoochy was hilarious as well.

Ride, don't slide.

Aug. 12, 2014, 12:49 p.m.

A sad day indeed. I think Jonathon Winters was a similar man in terms of mental illness. These two entertainers rarely were themselves and more often presented as characters I think perhaps as a defence mechanism. They could be someone else but not themselves. He was a brilliant comedian but I always had the impression that there was something inside that was not well with him.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 12, 2014, 1:10 p.m.

Someone once told me that he was used as a case study in mental health classes they had taken. If you watch any of his interviews, you can usually tell that he's in performance mode.

One of the articles I read this morning made the point that the public rarely wants to see their favorite comedians being serious, or even just themselves. Add depression to the mix, and that's got to be a heavy load for a guy to carry over a lifetime.

Aug. 12, 2014, 1:21 p.m.

He once donated a generator so that CBC could get rocked in even more.

How did that come about?

Aug. 12, 2014, 1:44 p.m.

I think he was in town for a bicycle race or something like that.

Aug. 12, 2014, 2:22 p.m.

I think he was in town for a bicycle race or something like that.

Actually they filmed a movie - RV. Parts of it were filmed on the North Shore and CBC. As I recall Cory Leclerc did the stunt riding for the movie.

Pretty sad to see someone that brought humour into so many peoples lives couldn't find happiness in his own.

Aug. 12, 2014, 2:23 p.m.

How did that come about?

I heard (and anyone can correct me here)that he used some trails to film that run-away bike scene in RV. He wanted to "pay" for using the trail and found the builder. The story I heard was that it was a rock cutter that he donated but anyone with first hand knowledge can again correct me. It could be argued that he played a big part in all the rock work on CBC.

It's why I suggest some way of honoring him with regards to the CBC trail.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Aug. 12, 2014, 3:46 p.m.

Actually they filmed a movie - RV. Parts of it were filmed on the North Shore and CBC. As I recall Cory Leclerc did the stunt riding for the movie.

Knowing that Robin Williams was a huge roadie, I kept expecting to bump into him when they had that big rock for RV set up on top of Mt. Seymour.

Genius comedic talent.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 12, 2014, 5:19 p.m.

Does everyone but me forget he played Popeye on the big screen?

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 12, 2014, 5:29 p.m.

How did that come about?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=63156

Sharon might better be able to answer as she was nsmba president at that time.

Aug. 12, 2014, 5:50 p.m.

He used to stop by Simon's Bike Shop on Robson and every time Simon offered a special discount. Williams always wanted to pay full retail. This wasn't just there. Back when Coast Mountain was just a store on W 4th he shopped there as well. And knew a couple of staff who can say the same thing.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 12, 2014, 8:12 p.m.

Comic Relief

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 12, 2014, 10:18 p.m.

Rip. Respect to all his talents and the joy he spread.

WTF, Over?