RIP NBR

July 15, 2017, 9:25 a.m.

Yeah my wife had different issues she had fibromyalgia and is a hypochondriac, very bad with money, so mental issues also but I think she was a good mother.

so same shit slightly different pile, When I do think about her I privately thank her for kicking my sorry ass out 20+ yrs ago.

What can I say but it gets better

Aug. 1, 2017, 9:42 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

Posted by: ReductiMat

Serious life stuff sucks.  Next time you're in Whistler we can have a dram of Islay and ride bikes (as long as I don't have to pedal).

Sounds fantastic, though not sure how soon I'll be able to get to Whistler.

By serious, I'm talking ex-wife threatened to kill herself and our kids.  RCMP and child protection involved.  Suddenly find myself being full time single dad of two toddlers and trying to work at the same time.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Hire a lawyer - like last week. Biggest mistake I ever made when handling my divorce was not getting a lawyer. Things only started to turn around when I did. Good luck man. PM me with specific questions  - I gained a LOT of knowledge in this area of law...

Aug. 1, 2017, 3:30 p.m.

Posted by: rewoga

Hire a lawyer - like last week. Biggest mistake I ever made when handling my divorce was not getting a lawyer. Things only started to turn around when I did. Good luck man. PM me with specific questions  - I gained a LOT of knowledge in this area of law...

Oh, we're way beyond that.  The FLA stuff has been ongoing since March, so I've had a lawyer since then.  This is just the next level.  Ex is now forcing court action as well as litigating against the MCFD.  My lawyer is handing off the case because she does not do litigation - she specializes in negotiation, mediation and arbitration.  In the process of handing off to the next legal counsel right now.

Aug. 1, 2017, 9:21 p.m.

Courts in BC are incredibly liberally biased.  Mother's can get away with a lot more than a place like Ontario, and they do.

You need to play hardball on every issue or you'll get screwed.

Aug. 1, 2017, 9:37 p.m.

How do you upload an image to the board?  Or is it no longer possible?

Aug. 1, 2017, 9:47 p.m.

Don't type a fucking word.

Click Preview.

Then add an attachment.

Clear as fucking mud.

Aug. 2, 2017, 6:30 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Courts in BC are incredibly liberally biased.  Mother's can get away with a lot more than a place like Ontario, and they do.

Not true on all counts. Things have changed a lot in the last 5 years. You dont need to play "hardball", you need to be rational and prepared.

Dont post about things just for the sake of posting.

Aug. 2, 2017, noon

If you really want to fight you should just stay married, I suppose YMMV but IME what worked best was to know whats the law then deal and get it done real quick before they can change their minds or be talked into shit by "friends" telling them how to fuck you over/ what they are entitled to real or otherwise

the sooner you get it over with ... the sooner you get on with your life

Aug. 2, 2017, 1:57 p.m.

After spending the last 5 months trying to reach a negotiated agreement and the ex walking away from nearly completed agreements every time, she's now changed lawyers and aims to litigate the shit out of everyone and everything.  She's started a family court action, and fixing to litigate against the child protection Ministry (MCFD).  She's gunna get destroyed because the abuse case is very well documented, as well as the emotional effects of the abuse on my 5 y.o. son.  It's a lot of money to throw out the window just to be told she's wrong.

But ... mental health is an issue, and unfortunately there's no way to stop a mentally ill person from pursuing court action.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 2, 2017, 4:47 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Not true on all counts. Things have changed a lot in the last 5 years. You dont need to play "hardball", you need to be rational and prepared.

Dont post about things just for the sake of posting.

True on all counts.  I've got a friend going through this right now, and I've testified in court for family and friends.

Vancouver is terrible, and the legal fees can be crazy.