RIP - Muammar Al Gathafi

Oct. 26, 2011, 4:49 p.m.

Compared to the murderous despots ruling Yemen, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Syria….etc?

He shamed the other oil producing nations of the middle east into charging a fair price for their oil.

He then used his oil revenue to -

1.) give Libyans the highest standard of living in the middle east.

2.) stymie the psychotic yankee scums' imperial ambitions in the middle east and elsewhere.

But I'm talking to an inculcate. Here, try some nuance.

Your ad-hominem is duly noted.

Call me what you will, but I think if you are killing your political dissidents, you are doing it wrong. Under any circumstances.

As an aside, if you truly want the United States to fail, you should be pouring as much money into their two-party political system as you can, denouncing the #OWS movement and finding new and creative ways to bring the ideals brought forth by the Tea Party to the forefront. Bonus points if you get any of the complete whackjobs in the Republican party as POTUS. Of course, you'll more than likely be part of the financial-nuclear fallout, but at least you'll find warmth in their smoldering corpse.

Oct. 26, 2011, 10:08 p.m.

Compared to the murderous despots ruling Yemen, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Syria….etc?

He shamed the other oil producing nations of the middle east into charging a fair price for their oil.

He then used his oil revenue to -

1.) give Libyans the highest standard of living in the middle east.

2.) stymie the psychotic yankee scums' imperial ambitions in the middle east and elsewhere.

But I'm talking to an inculcate. Here, try some nuance.

None of this stopped people from acquiring a hatred of the man who proclaimed himself "king of kings", his family, his cronies and their theft of Libya's wealth, $200 billion by some estimates (his son Saif owned a $15 million dollar mansion in London - look it up sometime). If your own people hate you, you had better watch your back first.

The Shah of Iran and Saddam Hussein were 2 other strongmen in the same fashion who believed in modernization and progress but not the establishment of civil institutions and the rule of law. All have met similar fates.

Oh yeah … BTW

Oct. 28, 2011, 3:46 a.m.

Apparently it does. Pretend I was bereaved at Ghadaffi's hand. Tell me again on how he was a good man?

He saved you a lifetime of nagging. How about that? As for being a bereaved individual, how many has the US Coalition Forces caused in say the past 15 years?

Why is it ok to blindly believe that the dissidents who were killed, were actually dissidents, or even killed.

Why do we and I use we loosely, believe any propoganda from a country that is about to invade what now… its 9th country since 2001.

Gadifi was worth 200 fucking Billion Dollars.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 28, 2011, 8:17 a.m.

He saved you a lifetime of nagging. How about that?

Yuk yuk yuk…?

As for being a bereaved individual, how many has the US Coalition Forces caused in say the past 15 years?

How is this relevant to measuring the mental fitness of a dictator?

Why is it ok to blindly believe that the dissidents who were killed, were actually dissidents, or even killed.

It's not a stretch given his past actions. Couple that with the number of rebels that were prepared to die to overthrow his rule leaves me to believe his rule couldn't be characterized by a happy panda.

Why do we and I use we loosely, believe any propoganda from a country that is about to invade what now… its 9th country since 2001.

Why do you believe that I believe anything the US Government or mainstream media publishes as fact?

Oct. 28, 2011, 8:26 a.m.

And I'm sure every penny was earned through honest, hard work.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 28, 2011, 9:25 a.m.

He wasn't worth "200 fucking Billion Dollars".

He had 200 fucking Billion Dollars stashed outside of Libya. It was his outside-the-country slush fund.

The GDP of Libya (the cost of goods and services generated in Libya) is $100 billion a year. He no doubt took a fair slice of that for himself each year (including hundreds of billions he spent fueling wars in sub-Saharan Africa, such as in Chad, shooting protesters outside Libyan embassies and blowing up airliners full of people).

Oct. 28, 2011, 12:25 p.m.

And I'm sure every penny was earned through honest, hard work.

Kn.

You know all those protesters and rebels don't just kill themselves.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 28, 2011, 1:32 p.m.

In Gadhafi Demokratik Libya, dissidents disappear!

Wait, that's not funneh.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 20, 2012, 10:37 p.m.

New stories emerging that Gaddafi was targeted for death by the power elite because he wanted to change all oil [HTML_REMOVED] resource transactions to the dinar, instead of dealing with dollars. Apparently, he was trying to get African [HTML_REMOVED] Muslim nations to switch to the dinar, a currency made from gold. This would have shifted the economic balance of the world. Good bet to say that most countries don't have the gold to back up their printed money. Thoughts?…

Thread killer

Jan. 20, 2012, 10:40 p.m.

Thoughts?…

We're a bunch of monkey's hurtling through space on a giant rock.

Jan. 20, 2012, 11:06 p.m.

Thoughts?…

Hugo Chavez ordered Ghadaffi's execution … its a fact.

Jan. 21, 2012, 3:20 a.m.

"Just the facts, ma'am"

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 21, 2012, 5:46 a.m.

"Just the facts, ma'am"

Any time Tungsten says something about facts, backed up by a link, a kitten dies.

Jan. 22, 2012, 5:11 a.m.

New stories emerging that Gaddafi was targeted for death by the power elite because he wanted to change all oil [HTML_REMOVED] resource transactions to the dinar, instead of dealing with dollars. Apparently, he was trying to get African [HTML_REMOVED] Muslim nations to switch to the dinar, a currency made from gold. This would have shifted the economic balance of the world. Good bet to say that most countries don't have the gold to back up their printed money. Thoughts?…

That what was going around when they were trying to oust him.

Now the Euro is going down big time, so conspiracy theories can get rolling on how it's oil money trying to keep the American dollar as the currency of oil exchange.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 22, 2012, 8:28 a.m.

Quadcoffee is still alive!!!