RIP - Muammar Al Gathafi

Sept. 13, 2019, 1:03 p.m.

It seems as if tungsten and chup were talking about two different persons with the same name. 

Tungsten, why can you not simply acknowledge that he was a dictator as sick and twisted and psychotic as the rest of these "wanna-be folk heroes turned into Mini Stalins/Hitlers/Pol Poths/Maos"?

Sept. 13, 2019, 8:31 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

It seems as if tungsten and chup were talking about two different persons with the same name.

Tungsten, why can you not simply acknowledge that he was a dictator as sick and twisted and psychotic as the rest of these "wanna-be folk heroes turned into Mini Stalins/Hitlers/Pol Poths/Maos"?

You forgot all the amerikan presidents.

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 14, 2019, 7:47 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Sept. 14, 2019, 10:12 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Someone credible, so, not the NYT's....

This is frightening. Getting news from an outlet like Counterpunch that will use the iffiest of sources (Russian government, for one) and has mixed factual reporting at best, while believing the New York motherfuckin' Times is not credible.

I suppose it's better than getting your news solely from a conspiracy theory forum, but still.

Sept. 14, 2019, 7:46 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

This is frightening. Getting news from an outlet like Counterpunch that will use the iffiest of sources (Russian government, for one) and has mixed factual reporting at best, while believing the New York motherfuckin' Times is not credible.

I suppose it's better than getting your news solely from a conspiracy theory forum, but still.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-myth-of-the-new-york-times-in-documentary-form/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnrBQEAM3rE

Last edited by: tungsten on Sept. 14, 2019, 7:50 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 15, 2019, 12:15 a.m.

Now put in 1/100th that effort in checking validity of counterpunch and you'll have it.

Sept. 15, 2019, 12:43 a.m.

That's obviously indirectly directed towards me aint it?

Sept. 15, 2019, 12:49 a.m.

I read on this non conspiracy forum called twitter recently that one NYT cover had steganography included it.

Sept. 15, 2019, 10:06 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

That's obviously indirectly directed towards me aint it?

🍻 

Love you bro

Sept. 15, 2019, 3:06 p.m.

Now put in 1/100th that effort in checking validity of counterpunch and you'll have it.

https://fair.org/home/russia-has-oligarchs-the-us-has-businessmen/

Sept. 15, 2019, 11:27 p.m.

Even NPR.... https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/15/voice-america-npr-new-ceo-lansings-glass-house

Sept. 16, 2019, 2:52 a.m.

No, I did not.

Sept. 17, 2019, 11:31 a.m.

Which ones had harems of stolen teen girls to rape?

Sept. 17, 2019, 11:58 a.m.

Even NPR.... https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/15/voice-america-npr-new-ceo-lansings-glass-house

That is whole bunch more effort into trying to justify not trusting the established credible mainstream news sources.

Now, how about taking a look at the validity of Counterpunch?

Might be a more productive use of time to try to discredit outlets like Infowars & Breitbart than The New York Times, NPR, etc, eh?

If putting up posts wishing a brutal dictator everlasting peace seems like a good idea, it may be time to question the source of these ideas.

Last edited by: Hepcat on Sept. 17, 2019, 2:23 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 17, 2019, 6:15 p.m.

That is whole bunch more effort into trying to justify not trusting the established credible mainstream news sources.

Now, how about taking a look at the validity of Counterpunch?

Might be a more productive use of time to try to discredit outlets like Infowars & Breitbart than The New York Times, NPR, etc, eh?

If putting up posts wishing a brutal dictator everlasting peace seems like a good idea, it may be time to question the source of these ideas.

Garikai Chengu is an Ancient African historian. He has been a scholar at Harvard, Stanford and Columbia University. Contact him on [email protected]

Laura Flanders is a best-selling author and broadcaster who hosts the The Laura Flanders Show, where she interviews forward thinking people about the key questions of our time. The LF Show airs weekly on KCET/LinkTV, FreeSpeech TV, and in English & Spanish in teleSUR. Flanders is also a contributing writer to The Nation and Yes! Magazine (“Commonomics”) and a regular guest on MSNBC. She is the author of six books, including The New York Times best-seller, BUSHWOMEN: Tales of a Cynical Species (Verso, 2004) and Blue GRIT: True Democrats Take Back Politics from the Politicians (Penguin Press, 2007). The Laura Flanders Show first aired on Air America Radio 2004-2008. You can find all her archives and more at Lauraflanders.com or via Twitter @GRITlaura

There you go. I'm sure they'd be fascinated to hear a hep-cat lecture them on the error of their ways.

Sept. 17, 2019, 9:32 p.m.

forward thinking people...  lol