Right wing propaganda

July 19, 2010, 5:21 p.m.

no kidding, the only people I know that were actually for it are far right sheep……security….ahahahahahahaha! too bad that little excursion has made more people hate the west….

thats exactly how i feel too

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 19, 2010, 5:26 p.m.

no kidding, the only people I know that were actually for it are far right sheep……security….ahahahahahahaha! too bad that little excursion has made more people hate the west….

I'm reading George Packer's book "The Assassin's Gate: America in Iraq", and it's a really interesting view into the internal struggles in the US government about going to war, and the views of the people of Iraq and how they felt/feel about the occupation. Ultimately the US decided to go to war before having reasons for it, and a lack of long term strategy as to what to do once Saddam was gone essentially left them with a situation similar (although not the same) to the one that mired them in Vietnam.

I never wanted the war to happen and thought the WMD/security argument was pretty transparent, but now that the US is there it isn't fair how they've left the population to suffer. They screwed up, and now they and the Iraqi people are paying the price. If they'd succeeded it could very well have been a major turning point in the middle east but they hamstrung themselves from the beginning and because of that the region likely won't stabilize in our lifetimes.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 19, 2010, 5:49 p.m.

yeah, we need need hindsight for that one. no one could have known that attacking iraq as retaliation for 9/11 (which iraq played NO part in) was going to be a bad thing

oh wait, almost every reasonable person i know was against the war before it started.

Same here, and I was living in the US. I did and do still support us being in Afghanistan.
Unfortunately, Bush invading Iraq took any credibility away, took a whole bunch
of troops away and made everything that we're trying to do there harder/impossible.

No one I heard made one good argument for the US going into Iraq. Now we're there
it'd be fucked worse up if we just up and left now.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 19, 2010, 6:42 p.m.

Just people like you calling me a Hypocrite for using the services I pay for…..

I never called you a hypocrite. Someone else did, and you didn't get it, so I pointed out what he was implying.

What I will say is that fear among neocons is as bad as any other kind of extremism.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 19, 2010, 10:26 p.m.

This thread =

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

July 20, 2010, 6:55 a.m.

how?

really, from the leftish side of the fence, it seemed pretty obvious.

It seems that at the time I was drinking the Kool Aid the Bush Government and the MSM was pouring.

July 20, 2010, 6:56 a.m.

GT you fell into the trap of the left wing nbr…… explaining yourself to justify your views. As you can clearly tell the lefties here love making wild personal assumptions that have no bearing to the current discussions.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

July 20, 2010, 7:31 a.m.

GT you fell into the trap of the left wing nbr……

Apparently I did.

July 20, 2010, 8:23 a.m.

GT you fell into the trap of the left wing nbr…… explaining yourself to justify your views. As you can clearly tell the lefties here love making wild personal assumptions that have no bearing to the current discussions.

Imagine that, Blazindays playing the victim. Surprise surprise.

July 20, 2010, 8:49 a.m.

:lol: That is only a trap for you because you can't explain yourself. GT doesn't seem to be having a problem.

July 20, 2010, 8:50 a.m.

GT you fell into the trap of the left wing nbr…… explaining yourself to justify your views. .

:lol:

i get it, blazin days is like the onion, or stephen colbert

:lol: all this time i thought you were a mindless right wing sheep but really you've just been pretending to expose the humour in many of the right wing's positions

wicked smart!

July 20, 2010, 11:17 a.m.

:lol: That is only a trap for you because you can't explain yourself. GT doesn't seem to be having a problem.

And why would I need to.

Imagine that, Blazindays playing the victim. Surprise surprise.

Thank you for proving my point. This thread wasn't even about me but whaddaya know somehow, just like that I'm the victim….

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

July 20, 2010, 11:51 a.m.

July 20, 2010, 1:06 p.m.

Thank you for proving my point. This thread wasn't even about me but whaddaya know somehow, just like that I'm the victim….

Are you sure you weren't born with your umbilical cord wrapped around your neck? You just don't seem to get it.

You always bust out "Awww poor me, the angry lefties on NSMB are picking on me because I'm a conservative" when in actuality, the 'angry lefties' pick on you because you're an ignorant jackass who yammers out right-wing talking points that he takes off of openly biased websites in some pathetic attempt to prove some liberal conspiracy against him. Then when anyone challenges him, he starts whining about the 'angry lefties' instead of forming a cogent argument and defending himself like a big-boy.

The difference between you and Gran Torino is that, while I disagree with him, I respect him because he manages to express himself clearly and concisely without coming across as an ignorant jackass.

July 20, 2010, 1:13 p.m.

As you can clearly tell the lefties here love making wild personal assumptions that have no bearing to the current discussions.

Well duh. On NBR you need ad hominem or you'll lose the "discussion."