reviews

Nov. 26, 2020, 8:17 p.m.

* good thread and well posed question, would read more from this poster

Nov. 26, 2020, 8:43 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

i like stuff. sometimes i need to buy it. sometimes its want more than need. you know, symptom of the ages, etc.

i like reviews. i like to read what others have to say about stuff. bike stuff. home stuff. technical stuff. truck stuff. camping stuff. stuff. you might say i've become a review junkie. perhaps too reliant.

what freaks me out about the modern review 'culture' (a stretch?) is how many reviews, aren't reviews at all.

'the customer service was great'. 'shipping was so fast'. 'love the website'.

then there's the unboxing videos. seriously. unboxing. from 'brown shows up at the door and then i took the stuff out of the box. no idea what it does or if it's any good, but oh my, the unboxing was unreal'.

are we utterly, incontrovertibly, fucked up and lost?

We are, but all hope is not lost.

I've obstreperously replied to many consumerist posts here asking if Chinese children were making said products for such a good price.  Not from a high perch mind you, but more from a perspective we're pretty much all implicated.

But it's great you and I and others are waking up to this reality.  It could change things.

Nov. 26, 2020, 10 p.m.

Unboxing videos are a funny concept.  Probably enjoyed by those that never received Christmas presents.

Definitely agree about the reviews.  Everyone has an opinion...

Nov. 27, 2020, 11:36 a.m.

Is OP reviewing mankind ?

Nov. 27, 2020, 12:55 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

obstreperously 

Now, that's a word.