Retarded tinfoil hats part deux

May 1, 2012, 8:39 p.m.

I work in wireless telecom - believe me, I know the Tx power of these things (in dB) and the gain of the antennas on them. I also know how many minutes/day they are active on average. They are no different in Tx power than the USB data modems you can get from Bell, Telus, Rogers, Mobilicity, etc. No different than a normal cellphone.

Well said. Furthermore, cell phones are a bigger threat in collateral RF/radioactivity and flying at 39,000ft (give or take) in your standard fuselage (air carrier) is much, much higher.

Whatever, it's all part of The Man's systematic stranglehold on freethinking and revolutionist mentality FTW!!

"I'm addicted to surfing."

May 1, 2012, 8:52 p.m.

Do some research, they emit way more than that. You obviously believe BC Hydro and that is fine. It is costing 1 billion dollars for this, and because we are hit with a certain level of radiation it does not mean more is a good thing…more people today know more people with cancer and other problems, if you choose to think that more RF is good for us then put up a cell tower on your lawn and live under a power line. I personally don't think it is a good thing and glad they are moving towards letting us have a say and or choose to opt out.

It may be a waste to you but not to many people.

Better not use those remote-activated avvy bags then!

May 1, 2012, 8:54 p.m.

let the people who want old school meters pay the cost to have readers come out 12x a year.. (yes i realize they are still reading gas manually..)

$1200 or so will have them changing their tones.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

May 1, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

I'm embarrassed for all humanity.

:rolleyes:

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 1, 2012, 9:08 p.m.

Holy crap didn't we already go through all of this already?! :deadhorse:

Let 'em opt out. Also take away their wifi router, cell phone, and television.

Also make sure they get a brochure for some EMF protection devices!

Looks like they are having a Mother's Day sale!!!

The Earthcalm Nova Resonator Pendant is only $314 if you act RIGHT NOW!!

May 1, 2012, 9:23 p.m.

let the people who want old school meters pay the cost to have readers come out 12x a year.. (yes i realize they are still reading gas manually..)

$1200 or so will have them changing their tones.

this argument is whack.. ok how about those that opt in pay the $700 000 000 its costing to "upgrade."

May 1, 2012, 9:29 p.m.

I sit by my smart meter using my cellphone and smoking. I'll be ok right?

Clunking is for retards.

May 1, 2012, 9:37 p.m.

this argument is whack.. ok how about those that opt in pay the $700 000 000 its costing to "upgrade."

yeah, like everyone who pays their Hydro Bill?

SM project has estimated NPV of +$520M through 2033.. Up to close to $1B if all objectives are met at the high end..

sooo seems like $700M well spent.

their business case is around if anyone cares to learn something.

http://www.bchydro.com/etc/medialib/internet/documents/smi/smi_business_case.Par.0001.File.smi_business_case.pdf

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

May 1, 2012, 9:45 p.m.

their business case is around if anyone cares to learn something.

Nobody does, that's the problem. It's a lot easier to remain uninformed or buy into cool sounding conspiracies I suppose.

May 1, 2012, 9:57 p.m.

well thats cool you are speaking in code up there.. they arent projecting to recover these costs for like 70 years.

if you want to keep smokin on bc hydro propaganda go right ahead..

May 1, 2012, 10:01 p.m.

By my math, 2033 is a lot nearer than 70 years!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 1, 2012, 10:10 p.m.

well thats cool you are speaking in code up there.. they arent projecting to recover these costs for like 70 years.

if you want to keep smokin on bc hydro propaganda go right ahead..

which case study are you reading? The proposal says they will be far ahead by 2033..

like Ken posted, the total costs of the program are $900M ($700M in 2012 dollars)

The gross benefit is +$4.7Bn.. so in todays $$ (NPV) it comes out as +$520M (they use an 8% discount rate)

that is good..

Projects with +tive NPV should be undertaken.

May 1, 2012, 10:20 p.m.

i blame science education.
not enough people realize that radio signals aren't a magical force that gives you cancer. People fear what they don't understand, and if its forced upon them, will resist it to an irrational end.
I've heard stories from good friends of mine, normal people, that this is a plan to slowly make us sick, because big pharma and big Power are in cahoots… :???:

I wish my lawn was emo, then the grass would cut itself.

May 1, 2012, 10:28 p.m.

I heard they put RF activated nano-bots in vaccines, and that the smart meters switch the little bastards on and they go chew on bits of your brain and make you crave Coke Zero and Double Downs.

it's OK though, I've been Wanding myself with one of these.

May 1, 2012, 11:42 p.m.

If you think she is wasting our time and money, let her know at [email protected]

I'm anxiously awaiting her reply.

Better still, dial the number

604-873-7245

into your cellphone (a cordless RF phone will do too), press your phone against your head and and tell Adriane Carr how concerned you are about everyday exposure to RF radiation coming a smart meter in your basement …

i blame science education.
not enough people realize that radio signals aren't a magical force that gives you cancer. People fear what they don't understand, and if its forced upon them, will resist it to an irrational end.
I've heard stories from good friends of mine, normal people, that this is a plan to slowly make us sick, because big pharma and big Power are in cahoots… :???:

Most people couldn't tell you what an electromagnetic wave is or how it propagates or the relationship between electricity and magnetism or the difference between induction and conduction.