Resume question

Aug. 21, 2003, 7:44 p.m.

just updating my resume…I'm getting sick of washing dishes..time to look for some new work.
i have alot of references,as i've done alot of different types of work.
should i have "please contact me for references"
or should i just list my references names and numbers?

on my old resume i had them listed but i heard it's better to have have you're refs not on there,because then they are forced to call…
what do you suggest.
(people with jobs only!)

Aug. 21, 2003, 7:51 p.m.

What I did was just have a seperate piece of paper from my resume with my references on it that I handed with the resume and application. So I guess you could say my references were on my resume in a way:???: I just got hired like 2 days ago so I'm happy:D

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…

Aug. 21, 2003, 7:53 p.m.

Just have two (of your best) references on a seperate piece of paper.

Aug. 21, 2003, 7:54 p.m.

you can also just put avalable upon request make sure everything is spelt right

:rolleyes: Less bitchin' more ridin', eh! :smokey:

Aug. 21, 2003, 8:02 p.m.

Originally posted by pike119
you can also just put avalable upon request make sure everything is spelt right

yeah that's what i meant for my references…
and of course,everything would be spelled right.

Aug. 22, 2003, 12:40 a.m.

For many jobs they will never contact your references, and for that reason I would not waste space on your resume as you want to keep it under 2 pages.

The purpose of the resume (and cover letter) is to get you in the door for an interview, nothing else. If they like you after the interview, that is when they will call your references. Altough from my experience they only seem to call for long-term "career type" positions, not just a cashier, warehouse or labout type job.

I would take a sheet of references, along with extra copies of your resume, to the interview. That way you look prepared.

Aug. 22, 2003, 12:47 a.m.

Originally posted by evanius
**For many jobs they will never contact your references, and for that reason I would not waste space on your resume as you want to keep it under 2 pages.

The purpose of the resume (and cover letter) is to get you in the door for an interview, nothing else. If they like you after the interview, that is when they will call your references. Altough from my experience they only seem to call for long-term "career type" positions, not just a cashier, warehouse or labout type job.

I would take a sheet of references, along with extra copies of your resume, to the interview. That way you look prepared. **

Bingo.

The simple line:

References Available On Request.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and