Republicans pass bill to defund Obamacare.

Oct. 1, 2013, 7:04 p.m.

What I want to know is why we would ever want to bring back these non-essential parts of the government?

Yeah, because the economy shedding 800,000 jobs is a great idea.

Oct. 1, 2013, 7:10 p.m.

Yeah, because the economy shedding 800,000 jobs is a great idea.

those lazy freeloaders should get a job

Oct. 1, 2013, 7:12 p.m.

those lazy freeloaders should get a job

Probably all out riding quads around right now.

Oct. 1, 2013, 7:40 p.m.

An economy is doomed to fail if working forthwith government is a vital part of it. Ask Greece how that works.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Oct. 1, 2013, 7:42 p.m.

An economy is doomed to fail if working forthwith government is a vital part of it. Ask Greece how that works.

In SF this week. Guy I'm working with got told not to report for National Guard duty this weekend.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 1, 2013, 7:59 p.m.

So you agree that the US military should be abolished.

Oct. 1, 2013, 8:20 p.m.

What I want to know is why we would ever want to bring back these non-essential parts of the government?

Like the EPA??

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 1, 2013, 8:32 p.m.

Like the EPA??

Personally, I'd be more concerned about FDA or CDC shutdowns.

Oct. 1, 2013, 8:36 p.m.

Like the EPA??

You mean the ESA: Economic Suicide Agency. What sort of government can come out with a report on how bad a mine is before the mining company has come up with a mine plan.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

Oct. 1, 2013, 8:39 p.m.

It's not the economy - it's health care.

When the farmers (pun intended) stop demanding for and taking government handouts, then talking about removing government from the economy can be discussed.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 1, 2013, 8:39 p.m.

Personally, I'd be more concerned about FDA or CDC shutdowns.

Glad we can agree on some things. And to answer your previous question, yes, the military industrial complex needs to go if the US is going to fix its financial situation.

Oct. 1, 2013, 8:52 p.m.

Glad we can agree on some things. And to answer your previous question, yes, the military industrial complex needs to go if the US is going to fix its financial situation.

I agree to agree with you on this?

I feel dirty now.

Oct. 2, 2013, 8:47 a.m.

:clap:

Not even go completely, just tone it down and spend the same as the next three highest spending countries. That'd make people on both side of the political spectrum happy. Gets rid of the deficit and fixes the medicare shortfall.

Oct. 2, 2013, 9:11 a.m.

maybe stop spending so much spying on their own citizens too…like that, or the reduced military spending, will ever happen…

Oct. 2, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

Republicans passed a resolution that was rejected by Democrats. The last possible resolution (fix) was either:

All new Bipartisan resolution

Or

Republican resolution agreed upon by Democrats.

If you're stuck in this blame one side or the other deal, you're part of the problem.

No, I am not part of the problem, I just believe that the political system has to be allowed to function and the will of the voters must be recognized. Obama and the Dems passed the ACA into law by winning elections and earning the votes to make it happen. The Republicans are not willing to earn the people's trust and do the same so are now using the debt ceiling as a tool to force the majority to their will and they are the ones willing to use government workers paychecks in this game.

If you don't see this for what it is you are the problem. The Republican party cannot accept that they are a minority. Even in congress, where they hold power they did so by undemocratic means because more Americans voted for Democratic members of congress. Obama could abuse his power in the way Republicans in congress are currently doing and just say "Fuck you, the constitution makes it clear that we must pay our bills and we are going to do so. See you in Supreme Court asshats."

It is this simple. The US government does not function today because the Republicans have stopped following the rules that have allowed it to work for over 200 years. This is obvious. You can criticize the Dems for whatever you want and there is plenty to go around, but you can't change this fact.