Republicans pass bill to defund Obamacare.

Sept. 22, 2013, 11:11 p.m.

Yeah, we put your mom in the middle. Buffalo shampoo ftw.

Ooh, the "your mom"' defense. So deadly…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 23, 2013, 4:52 a.m.

Except if you are a professional politician, it's your job to get re-elected, which almost always conflicts with the above.

And therein lies the problem.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 23, 2013, 6:01 a.m.

If politicians put half the effort into actually doing their jobs as they put into keeping their jobs the world would be a better place and they woukd likely keep their jobs anyways as a result.

www.natooke.com

Sept. 23, 2013, 6:32 a.m.

If politicians put half the effort into actually doing their jobs as they put into keeping their jobs the world would be a better place and they woukd likely keep their jobs anyways as a result.

Biggest mistake people like Farmer make is believing that politicians actually care about people and what they care about. And when their delusion is shattered they start whining and so on. And in some cases claiming religious persecution.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 23, 2013, 8:34 a.m.

And therein lies the problem and why that book is likely shit once you factor in the hypocrisy.

Amirite?

Sept. 23, 2013, 8:37 a.m.

Religion is like a penis

Its ok to have one, its even ok to be proud of it

HOWEVER

do not pull it out in public

do not push it on children

do not write laws with it

and above all …don't think with it

Sept. 23, 2013, 9:12 a.m.

Religion is like a penis

Its ok to have one, its even ok to be proud of it

HOWEVER

do not pull it out in public

do not push it on children

do not write laws with it

and above all …don't think with it

golf clap

Well said Sir.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Sept. 23, 2013, 9:14 a.m.

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"

Sept. 23, 2013, 9:16 a.m.

Please. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

Sept. 23, 2013, 9:27 a.m.

As an American, here is my experience with the welfare system:

A few years ago, when me and my now wife were early in our relationship my wife lost her job after 12 years. She worked full time and part of her pay goes into the system. Not long before i met her she had a baby girl (my now step-daughter). Her job was moved to Mexico so she was laid off.

So now she is a single mother with no job and no baby daddy to step in. By some calculations she should have went out and bougth a Lexus along with some 4-wheelers, but thats not how it works. She recieved a small amount of money each week from the government. Not enough to support her child. Right around this time is when i entered the picture. I knew her from work so she stayed with me. She proceeeded to take advantage of the government, not by buying cadillacs but by taking LNA classes. within 4 months she had a new job thanks to her newly learned skills and was now comnpletely off the system.

This is how the system is supposed to work. She payed into the system and got something from the system. She is now an Obama supporter, because help was there when she needed it. She didnt complain she just did what needed to be done.

Sept. 23, 2013, 9:30 a.m.

Please. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

Its the worst system … except for all the others.

Sept. 23, 2013, 11:04 a.m.

Please call 1st Battalion 10th. Special Forces Group…Panzer Kaserne Germany. They will be happy to assist in freeing you from your oppressor.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Sept. 23, 2013, 11:59 a.m.

As an American, here is my experience with the welfare system:

A few years ago, when me and my now wife were early in our relationship my wife lost her job after 12 years. She worked full time and part of her pay goes into the system. Not long before i met her she had a baby girl (my now step-daughter). Her job was moved to Mexico so she was laid off.

So now she is a single mother with no job and no baby daddy to step in. By some calculations she should have went out and bougth a Lexus along with some 4-wheelers, but thats not how it works. She recieved a small amount of money each week from the government. Not enough to support her child. Right around this time is when i entered the picture. I knew her from work so she stayed with me. She proceeeded to take advantage of the government, not by buying cadillacs but by taking LNA classes. within 4 months she had a new job thanks to her newly learned skills and was now comnpletely off the system.

This is how the system is supposed to work. She payed into the system and got something from the system. She is now an Obama supporter, because help was there when she needed it. She didnt complain she just did what needed to be done.

I think that your Wife's story is that of the overwhelming majority of people who have used the system at some point in their life. Right wingers have been perpetuating the myth of the welfare queens for decades now, they trot out one example or another of someone taking advantage of the system and use them as a brush to paint anyone else using the system as abusers and freeloaders. Even though the the majority of people (68%) who are on some form of social assistance have recently paid into the system themselves are seniors or veterans. You may be asking, what is the welfare fraud estimate in the US? Most cities tracking fraud rates are reporting less than 2% (Philedelphia, which has reported on the high side, found that out of 95,000 recipients there were between 200 and 300 cases of fraud each year).

add to that the fact that most of the 'low income benifits' are not paid-in-cash…

Kind of dispels the myth of the Cadillac driving welfare queen when 10% of the portion of assistance allocated to low-income recipients (29%) is given in cash, with an estimated 2-3% fraud rate.

Look at what the house did recently with the food stamp debates. They used one unsubstantiated story of someone buying crab legs and steaks with food stamps and used that narrative to cut food stamp funding for the poor by 40 Billion over the next ten years, while recent statistics have the top one percent of the populations earning a greater share of income then at any time in human history. The irony is that some of the representatives cutting the food stamp program have taxpayer funded food allowances exceeding $200 PER DAY and they are cutting funding for people who have a maximum of $200 PER MONTH subsidy (most recipients don't even qualify for that). Which by the way, food stamps have proven to be one of the most stimulative forms of assistance because every dollar given is spent (unlike tax cuts for the wealthy who largely just save the additional income, probably in giant coin banks, see illustration below).

Sept. 23, 2013, 12:12 p.m.

^^ Gran Torino's gonna be all kinds of angry when he reads that load of blatantly obvious left wing cess pool of anti Christian bigotry.

:lol:

Sept. 23, 2013, 12:53 p.m.

^^ Gran Torino's gonna be all kinds of angry when he reads that load of blatantly obvious leftwing pool of anti Christian bigotry.

:lol:

Any real Christians I know wouldn't be caught dead blatantly advocating against and/or demonizing something that is aimed at helping the poor. One overwhelming constant in the new testament of the bible is that you take care of your sick, hungry and poor. If you think Jesus would support cutting food assistance for the 47 million poor receiving food stamps, just to keep one guy from buying steak and crab legs, you're sadly mistaken. Similarly, denying thousand of poor people healthcare, simply to stop a few isolated cases of fraud.

You can't be a Christian when its convenient to play the victim card while simultaneously advocating against one of the very cornerstones of Christianity. Just saying.