Republicans pass bill to defund Obamacare.

Sept. 20, 2013, 8:45 p.m.

He is part of the solution. The problem is too many entitled pricks sit on their asses looking for " their fair share"
From the pockets of those that work for a living.

People that work hard to get ahead are being turned into villains for their hard work and success.

The USA is fucked, stick a fork in them, they're done.

What a laugh.

All those entitled poor folks working at subsistence wages hoping they don't break an arm for fear that they go to a hospital and are in debt for life. The great 'conservative' narrative is pathetic.

Sept. 20, 2013, 11:15 p.m.

the sad part is that he has a valid point,in having to pitch in for the healthcare of folks that don't/won't take care of themselves. not such an evident problem in Canada,but I can see how one would recoil from socialized care down there

Obama's health care is really close to what Republicans have proposed in the past. The only reason Republicans are on this is for political gain, and nothing else. The Republicans are scared shitless of their party disintegrating (thanks to the Tea Party), and they'll screw the country over (again) before letting Obama succeed.

And lol less government. Republicans are first in line at the pork barrel, they free ride as much as anyone else, and are the first to whine for government assistance when something bad happens to them.

I can understand not wanting to give others free swimming pools, but an unhealthy population is worse for the country, especially economically. You don't lose educating and helping your people stay healthy.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 20, 2013, 11:16 p.m.

Oh, and it's great seeing people like Gingrich get owned on the facts.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 20, 2013, 11:36 p.m.

Republican smartman gets owned on facts and spin job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlcvSxRvh14

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 21, 2013, 4:43 a.m.

What a laugh.

All those entitled poor folks working at subsistence wages hoping they don't break an arm for fear that they go to a hospital and are in debt for life. The great 'conservative' narrative is pathetic.

There ya go ASSuming I am against healthcare, where did I say that.
I said there are too many lazy asses fucks sitting on their asses ( not working at all) sucking the nation dry that feel their fair share is in people like Brians wallets…

People like this dumb bitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

The multi generational lazy assed welfare families are hurting the working poor more than the well off by sucking up money that could be used to help those with low incomes.

You want to see pathetic look at what you ASSume in your post, my wife and are Christians, we give 1000s of dollars a year to help the needy/poor/sick.

That's pathetic, you assumptive hater. Go look in a mirror.

Sept. 21, 2013, 6:50 a.m.

Socialized medicine (or anything else for that matter) only works when a society wants to work hard as a whole for everyone's good. The problem is that there is a large portion of people down here that feel entitled to having the government take care of them so that they never have to work. That leaves fewer and fewer of us to pay the bill for more and more people happy to live on welfare, disability, food stamps, etc.

I look around Lincoln County, and see three types of people. The first is those who love a good hard days work. We aren't the problem. The second are those who feel the government is there to provide them with work. The Forest Service, FWP, etc. A certain number of these people are necessary, but right now the government is the largest employer around. Ask Greece how that worked out. Finally, you have the people who feel like they shouldn't have to work. If they can get by on welfare, then they have outsmarted the rest of us. They are becoming the majority, and that can only lead down one road, failure.

More and more of my co-workers are feeling like they should just give up. Why should they work their asses off 11 hours a day so that everyone else can hunt, fish, ski, ride 4 wheelers, all day? At some point the money has to run out. The Fed is printing $85B a month to keep the US government falsely afloat.

There needs to be a major change, both in the way the government spends money, and the people perception of what government exists to do. Otherwise, the first nation in history to truly be of the people, by the people and for the people, will show that the people as a whole are too fucking short sighted to lead themselves.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 21, 2013, 6:51 a.m.

Hospital Finds Obamacare Harmful to Its Health

Heritage’s billboard in New York City’s Times Square. (Credit: Nick Montalvo)

Last night the Newark Star-Ledger reported that Obamacare is causing one large New Jersey hospital to lay off workers:

Barnabas Health, the second-largest private employer in the state, said today it was forced to lay off employees because of pressures brought about by healthcare reform .“Healthcare reform, in combination with Medicare cuts, more patients seeking outpatient care and decreasing patient volumes,” a spokeswoman for Barnabas said in a statement. “As a result, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our workforce.”

This move was both predictable and predicted. Even though hospital industry lobbyists supported Obamacare three years ago, the law contains Medicare provisions that will decimate the industry over the long term. As Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint wrote earlier this week:

ObamaCare’s reductions in Medicare spending could undermine the health system for millions of seniors.*According to the non-partisan Medicare actuary, the law’s arbitrary spending reductions could cause 15% of hospitals to become unprofitable by 2019, and as many as 40% of hospitals to become unprofitable in the long term. These hospitals could face the choice between shutting out seniors or shutting their doors for good.

Nancy Pelosi famously said we had to pass the bill to find out what’s in it. Hospitals, whose Washington lobbyists endorsed the law, are now finding out that Obamacare will harm them significantly—and hospital workers are finding out Obamacare could cost them their jobs.

Expanding health insurance coverage even as hospitals lay off staff—potentially reducing, not increasing, access to care—isn’t reform. For this and many other reasons, Congress needs to stop Obamacare now and focus on creating health care solutions that work

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 21, 2013, 7:24 a.m.

Last night the Newark Star-Ledger reported that Obamacare is causing one large New Jersey hospital to lay off workers:

Barnabas Health, the second-largest private employer in the state, said today it was forced to lay off employees because of pressures brought about by healthcare reform .“Healthcare reform, in combination with Medicare cuts, more patients seeking outpatient care and decreasing patient volumes,” a spokeswoman for Barnabas said in a statement. “As a result, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our workforce.”

This move was both predictable and predicted. Even though hospital industry lobbyists supported Obamacare three years ago, the law contains Medicare provisions that will decimate the industry over the long term. As Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint wrote earlier this week:

ObamaCare’s reductions in Medicare spending could undermine the health system for millions of seniors.*According to the non-partisan Medicare actuary, the law’s arbitrary spending reductions could cause 15% of hospitals to become unprofitable by 2019, and as many as 40% of hospitals to become unprofitable in the long term. These hospitals could face the choice between shutting out seniors or shutting their doors for good.

Nancy Pelosi famously said we had to pass the bill to find out what’s in it. Hospitals, whose Washington lobbyists endorsed the law, are now finding out that Obamacare will harm them significantly—and hospital workers are finding out Obamacare could cost them their jobs.

Expanding health insurance coverage even as hospitals lay off staff—potentially reducing, not increasing, access to care—isn’t reform. For this and many other reasons, Congress needs to stop Obamacare now and focus on creating health care solutions that work

the problem isn't Obamacare, the problem is for profit motive healthcare.

Sept. 21, 2013, 7:53 a.m.

Barnabas Health, the second-largest private employer in the state, said today it was forced to lay off employees because of pressures brought about by healthcare reform .“Healthcare reform, in combination with Medicare cuts, more patients seeking outpatient care and decreasing patient volumes,” a spokeswoman for Barnabas said in a statement. “As a result, we have made the difficult decision to reduce our workforce

Reread that again…. Outpatient care usually is cheaper, and better for the patient.
Poor for profit Hospital, someones doing a better job than them, and providing a better alternative to there expensive ways. So Blame Obamacare. RIGHT!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Sept. 21, 2013, 10:13 a.m.

There ya go ASSuming I am against healthcare, where did I say that.
I said there are too many lazy asses fucks sitting on their asses ( not working at all) sucking the nation dry that feel their fair share is in people like Brians wallets…

People like this dumb bitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

The multi generational lazy assed welfare families are hurting the working poor more than the well off by sucking up money that could be used to help those with low incomes.

You want to see pathetic look at what you ASSume in your post, my wife and are Christians, we give 1000s of dollars a year to help the needy/poor/sick.

That's pathetic, you assumptive hater. Go look in a mirror.

Want a cookie?

Do you have any real data that show all of these multi-generational lazy assed welfare families? Or just more youtube videos? The story you guys try to tell is comical… Entire Families sitting around, waiting for healthcare reform to be enacted so that the can continue their entitled lifestyles of hunting, fishing and riding around in ATVs. :lol:

I was going to hunt around for some awesome youtube videos to prove my point like you did, but since that's also laughable, I'll just go with some numbers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/15/us-usa-economy-workingpoor-idUSBRE90E05520130115

About 10.4 million such families - or 47.5 million Americans - now live near poverty, defined as earning less than 200 percent of the official poverty rate, which is $22,811 for a family of four.

Data showed that the top 20 percent of Americans received 48 percent of all income while those in the bottom 20 percent got less than 5 percent, the report said.

The effect of near poverty on the growing number of U.S. children living in such families - an increase of 2.5 million youths over five years - is also a concern.

In 2011, roughly 23.5 million, or 37 percent, of U.S. children lived in working poor families compared with about 21 million, or 33 percent, in 2007, the report said.

I think those numbers are shocking for a country with the wealth and resources of the US. Half a trillion on defense? Christian Right wing is all for that… Half a trillion for health care that could help the working poor? Screw that, those lazy assed multi-generational welfare families are just after my money.

Sept. 21, 2013, 11:11 a.m.

I am sitting in Europe, really wondering at how the US does not really have a functioning health care system, and scratching my head when reading any comment against a reform of the system - it works in Germany, it works in other European countries. And our system was introduced in the 19ct by a conservative-to-the-core, and anti-democrat who wanted to beat the democrats with their own tools. His name was Bismarck.

Anyways, of course there are some minor and major issues, but not one person has to be afraid or scared of bills or medical insurance, you are insured either privately or "publicly", which boils down to two levels of quality (THE major issue), but you just go to a doctor and definitely get treated, do not have to mortgage anything, you simply have the right to see a doctor and get a more or less appropriate treatment. Idependent of your wallet or general economic/social situation.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 21, 2013, 11:49 a.m.

"Tax the Rich, Save the Economy

Or else, warns ex-US labour secretary Robert Reich, we're on track for another Great Depression. "

http://www.thetyee.ca/Presents/2013/09/20/Robert-Reich-Saving-Middle-Class/

Sept. 21, 2013, 12:01 p.m.

Want a cookie?

Do you have any real data that show all of these multi-generational lazy assed welfare families? Or just more youtube videos? The story you guys try to tell is comical… Entire Families sitting around, waiting for healthcare reform to be enacted so that the can continue their entitled lifestyles of hunting, fishing and riding around in ATVs. :lol:

I was going to hunt around for some awesome youtube videos to prove my point like you did, but since that's also laughable, I'll just go with some numbers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/15/us-usa-economy-workingpoor-idUSBRE90E05520130115

I think those numbers are shocking for a country with the wealth and resources of the US. Half a trillion on defense? Christian Right wing is all for that … Half a trillion for health care that could help the working poor? Screw that, those lazy assed multi-generational welfare families are just after my money.

Quads,hunting and fishing? in Detroit,Chicago etc?…doubtful. You best put down the crack pipe and back away slowly. If you don't believe that generational welfare exists you are lying to and/or deluding yourself. Put generational welfare into Google, you will find plenty of evidence to support that it exists.

As well, I am sure that some Christian right wingers support the half trillion the USA spends on war each year, that said its highly unlikely all do and your painting ALL of them with that broad brush is ethically bankrupt.Doubtless there are other left wing Democrat type moonbats just like you :) that support and earn a living from the war industry.

I do agree that the USA with all its resources and wealth shouldn't have the problems with poverty they do, and it is sad that that condition exists not just in the USA but worldwide. I would bet that if the USA/Russia/China etc put the time, money and energy into feeding the world, ending disease, and famine they could accomplish it in no time.

You can go on speaking for and hating me now, you know the Christian right wing you loathe so much.

Sept. 21, 2013, 12:14 p.m.

Socialized medicine (or anything else for that matter) only works when a society wants to work hard as a whole for everyone's good. The problem is that there is a large portion of people down here that feel entitled to having the government take care of them so that they never have to work. That leaves fewer and fewer of us to pay the bill for more and more people happy to live on welfare, disability, food stamps, etc.

I look around Lincoln County, and see three types of people. The first is those who love a good hard days work. We aren't the problem. The second are those who feel the government is there to provide them with work. The Forest Service, FWP, etc. A certain number of these people are necessary, but right now the government is the largest employer around. Ask Greece how that worked out. Finally, you have the people who feel like they shouldn't have to work. If they can get by on welfare, then they have outsmarted the rest of us. They are becoming the majority, and that can only lead down one road, failure.

More and more of my co-workers are feeling like they should just give up. Why should they work their asses off 11 hours a day so that everyone else can hunt, fish, ski, ride 4 wheelers, all day? At some point the money has to run out. The Fed is printing $85B a month to keep the US government falsely afloat.

There needs to be a major change, both in the way the government spends money, and the people perception of what government exists to do. Otherwise, the first nation in history to truly be of the people, by the people and for the people, will show that the people as a whole are too fucking short sighted to lead themselves.

Two things in reply:

The first is - you are aware that every society that calls itself democratic, or "of the people" has to include a certain type of solidarity, so that people have the chance to not be left behind? In this case people who lose their jobs should be helped by a government that truly is "of the people".

This in itself means that there will always be people who use the system, as there have always been people abusing/misusing any given system, but I really like to see the numbers that truly state that most people on wellfare in the US are on wellfare because it is the easier lifestyle.
A question - do you really believe this, farmer?

The second thing is…you are well aware of the fact that the Republicans are no longer of the founding fathers kind of type? You are aware that it is not only the PEOPLE/CITIZENS of a given nation that have the chance to do something about a cul-de-sac, but the government as well, the people elected on whatever grounds that have the necessity to NOT work into their own pocket, and to NOT keep the hate and fear machine running - but the necessity to WORK FOR THE COMMON GOOD?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 21, 2013, 12:37 p.m.

Two things in reply:

The first is - you are aware that every society that calls itself democratic, or "of the people" has to include a certain type of solidarity, so that people have the chance to not be left behind? In this case people who lose their jobs should be helped by a government that truly is "of the people".

This in itself means that there will always be people who use the system, as there have always been people abusing/misusing any given system, but I really like to see the numbers that truly state that most people on wellfare in the US are on wellfare because it is the easier lifestyle.
A question - do you really believe this, farmer?

The second thing is…you are well aware of the fact that the Republicans are no longer of the founding fathers kind of type? You are aware that it is not only the PEOPLE/CITIZENS of a given nation that have the chance to do something about a cul-de-sac, but the government as well, the people elected on whatever grounds that have the necessity to NOT work into their own pocket, and to NOT keep the hate and fear machine running - but the necessity to WORK FOR THE COMMON GOOD?

The most thoughtful response I've seen in a while.

Cheers! You just made my day!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll