Republicans pass bill to defund Obamacare.

Nov. 16, 2013, 7:19 a.m.

Health reforms problems run deeper than a glitchy website

http://www.freemarketcure.com/singlepayermyths.php

cancer curing hurricanes cock down my throat.

Nov. 16, 2013, 11:35 p.m.

http://www.freemarketcure.com/singlepayermyths.php

:lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJ272pZN34

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 17, 2013, 3:51 p.m.

Do you really think the US could figure it out and make it simple enough, soon enough? This country is up a creek hard.

If it's possible then cool do it, but I don't have confidence that it would be done without another 1,000 pages of BS.

Nov. 17, 2013, 4:30 p.m.

Do you really think the US could figure it out and make it simple enough, soon enough? This country is up a creek hard.

If it's possible then cool do it, but I don't have confidence that it would be done without another 1,000 pages of BS.

Yes. It's quite simple. Lower the age at which you can enroll in medicare by ten years, every year or two. Tada! The system is already set up and the cost of care would drop dramatically. The only loser if the US goes single payer is the health insurance industry, a needless middle man. Basically, the government could eliminate your monthly insurance payments and raise you taxes by a smaller amount to cover the cost as you would no longer have insurers leaching off the system.

It's the best solution but it's completely unattainable with the current political climate.

All one has to do is look at a simple cost per person v. outcome comparison to realize that the US is hilariously behind the rest of the developed world. You spend twice as much on care per person as Canada and lag faaaaar behind in terms of outcomes. It's as simple as that.

After thought: Wouldn't you want a complete overhaul of your healthcare system to be a 1,000+ page bill? I would be pretty worried if healthcare reform fit in three or four pages.

I guess anything worth saying is only worth it if you can read it while you're taking a sh*t, anything longer than that. No deal! USA! USA! USA!

Nov. 20, 2013, 12:31 a.m.

Yes. It's quite simple. Lower the age at which you can enroll in medicare by ten years, every year or two. Tada! The system is already set up and the cost of care would drop dramatically. The only loser if the US goes single payer is the health insurance industry, a needless middle man. Basically, the government could eliminate your monthly insurance payments and raise you taxes by a smaller amount to cover the cost as you would no longer have insurers leaching off the system.

ding ding ding ding!

It's the best solution but it's completely unattainable with the current pussy in the White House

fyp - FDR or a political svengali like LBJ coulda' done it!

The Poison of Party Loyalty

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 20, 2013, 9:53 a.m.

The primary reason is that the U.S. has lower life expectancy is that we are ethnically a far more diverse nation than most other industrialized nations. Factors associated with different ethnic backgrounds - culture, diet, etc. - can have a substantial impact on life expectancy.

:lol: Your myth list is made up of myths.

Nov. 20, 2013, 10:05 a.m.

^^^

Holy shit, I missed that myth list. That's all about stretching the truth in the name of rationalization so thin that it's almost invisible!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 20, 2013, noon

^^^

Holy shit, I missed that myth list. That's all about stretching the truth in the name of rationalization so thin that it's almost invisible!

Kn.

Haha, it was a pretty good laugh eh?

Free market healthcare solutions: Brought to you by the makers of the 2008 global financial meltdown.

I was trolling some Tea partiers yesterday on Buzzfeed for a while, I told them that complaining about the Obamacare roll-out is like bitching about the brand of lube the insurers are using to sodomize you, and that they should be grateful that they're even bothering to use lube now…. didn't go over that well :lol: It quickly devolved into 'Canada sucks', 'we're undefeated in 2 world wars' ([HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] I wish I was joking), 'Nascar' and then I'm pretty sure someone tried to start a USA! Chant. d

Nov. 20, 2013, 12:22 p.m.

'Canada sucks', 'we're undefeated in 2 world wars' ([HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] I wish I was joking), 'Nascar' and then I'm pretty sure someone tried to start a USA! Chant. d

Canada (okay, mostly Brits acting for Canada) burned down the white house har de har har.

Easy to win a war when you don't even enter the war until the winner has already been pretty much determined (WW2, European theater) or you drop a weapon of mass destruction so horrifying that nobody has dared use one since. Also, US continued to trade with Nasty Germany well into war.

NASCAR is probably pretty exciting for the drivers, but OMG how boring it is for spectators.

US was the last first-world country to abolish slavery. Wotta country!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 20, 2013, 2:41 p.m.

or you drop a weapon of mass destruction so horrifying that nobody has dared use one since.

I just finished a really great book the other day on the Manhattan Project, Japan was in the process of trying to surrender to Russia and had even delivered their conditions of surrender to Russia in the days leading up to the bomb being dropped, because they were terrified of a Russian land invasion, but the US administration was in a rush to drop it so that they could use 'the bomb' it as a negotiation tool in international affairs and felt that they wouldn't have as much pull if the world didn't think that they would actually be willing to use the weapon. Apparently the people at the Manhattan project were all pretty bummed that the European theater was all tied up in a bow and they didn't get to drop it on the Nazi's. There was actually a fairly large protest amongst the scientists working on the project as soon as it was leaked to them that the administration still intended to use the bomb in the Pacific theater.

July 4, 1945

Dear

Inclosed is the text of a petition which will be submitted to the President of the United States. As you will see, this petition is based on purely moral considerations.

It may very well be that the decision of the President whether or not to use atomic bombs in the war against Japan will largely be based on considerations of expediency. On the basis of expediency, many arguments could be put forward both for and against our use of atomic bombs against Japan. Such arguments could be considered only within the framework of a thorough analysis of the situation which will face the United States after this war and it was felt that no useful purpose would be served by considering arguments of expediency in a short petition.

However small the chance might be that our petition may influence the course of events, I personally feel that it would be a matter of importance if a large number of scientists who have worked in this field wont clearly and unmistakably on record as to their opposition on moral grounds to the use of these bombs in the present phase of the war.

Many of us are inclined to say that individual Germans share the guilt for the acts which Germany committed during this war because they did not raise their voices in protest against those acts, Their defense that their protest would have been of no avail hardly seems acceptable even though these Germans could not have protested without running risks to life and liberty. We are in a position to raise our voices without incurring any such risks even though we might incur the displeasure of some of those who are at present in charge of controlling the work on "atomic power."

The fact that the people of the United States are unaware of the choice which faces us increases our responsibility in this matter since those who have worked on "atomic power" represent a sample of the population and they alone are in a position to form an opinion and declare their stand.

Anyone who might wish to go on record by signing the petition ought to have an opportunity to do so and, therefore, it would be appreciated if you could give every member of your group an opportunity for signing.

Leo Szilard

Fascinating sh*t. Not exactly something the US puts on their resume.

Nov. 20, 2013, 6:18 p.m.

:lol: Your myth list is made up of myths.

I've got no side picked here, just throwing things out there, feel free to stay on your high horse though. :dizzy:

Like I said if you think the system can work, then preach it, it makes no difference to me. There are some people on this earth that don't want certain things, like free healthcare. What's wrong with not wanting something? "Free" is never free. :lol:

Nov. 20, 2013, 8:54 p.m.

I just finished a really great book the other day on the Manhattan Project, Japan was in the process of trying to surrender to Russia and had even delivered their conditions of surrender to Russia in the days leading up to the bomb being dropped, because they were terrified of a Russian land invasion, but the US administration was in a rush to drop it so that they could use 'the bomb' it as a negotiation tool in international affairs and felt that they wouldn't have as much pull if the world didn't think that they would actually be willing to use the weapon. .

Old news, really. But if it wakes up that body of yanks that don't know……..but then again any 'merican literate enough to read a book about the Manhattan Project prolly knew that anyhow.

Open Letter to MoveOn

Nov. 20, 2013, 9:55 p.m.

I've got no side picked here, just throwing things out there, feel free to stay on your high horse though. :dizzy:

Like I said if you think the system can work, then preach it, it makes no difference to me. There are some people on this earth that don't want certain things, like free healthcare. What's wrong with not wanting something? "Free" is never free. :lol:

Nothing wrong with choice. Just have the individual sign a waiver that they won't get any health care without paying upfront.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 22, 2013, 9:27 a.m.

On Wednesday, the new head of the White House Council of Economic Advisers released a bombshell report finding that U.S. health care spending since 2010 has increased by just 1.3 percent — the smallest cost growth over a three-year period in American history — while prices in the health care sector rose by 50-year lows, thanks in part to structural changes made by the Affordable Care Act.

Nov. 22, 2013, 2:34 p.m.