Republicans pass bill to defund Obamacare.

Oct. 23, 2013, 2:06 p.m.

50+ years of socialized health care in Canada, and still no death panels. Which pisses me off as I'd really like them to smite my enemies. Not nearly enough smiting in Canada.

(We better keep our costs for basic health care a secret, lest the muricuns find out!!)

Kn.

This could be easily arranged……for a small fee of course. I will have my Nigerian fixer contact your people to arrange the necessary paperwork.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 23, 2013, 2:32 p.m.

It's success will not be fun for republicans in the mid-terms.

Perversely because it's a carbon copy of the health care reform they proposed years ago. Which became the template for the deeply flawed "Romneycare" in Mass.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 23, 2013, 3:11 p.m.

Banks funded by repatriated money?

What a whack job.

Why not? He didn't mean banks. He meant an infrastructure fund with a mandate to foster growth. Something that the banks are supposed to do with business loans.

1) Big Bank encourages company to pad bottom line or it will put pressure on the company stock/loans.
Company obliges, guts the US manufacturing sector, and moves to cheaper locales to increase profits.

The people get screwed.

2) Big Bank is temporarily happy, but wants more. Lobbies government for lower corporate taxes. Taxes are lowered, services are cut.

The people get screwed.

3) Big Bank is temporarily happy, but wants more. Low taxes are not enough, and cant really be any lower, because they already are too low. Big Bank now finds ways to stash Companies money in elaborate offshore funds and takes advantage of all sorts of loopholes to further decrease the tax burden on said Companies already record profits.

The people get screwed.

4) Big Bank is temporarily happy, but wants more. The people are finally broke, but Big Bank has a solution. Feed the people credit to make up for falling incomes created by above 3 steps. Big Bank bottom line swells as its investment in company soars, and profit on ever expanding credit continues.

The people get screwed.

Propose those ridiculous amounts of money be brought back to the US and put to productive use?

Preposterous.

Oct. 23, 2013, 3:24 p.m.

50+ years of socialized health care in Canada, and still no death panels. Which pisses me off as I'd really like them to smite my enemies. Not nearly enough smiting in Canada.

Isn't "smiting" a religious term?

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Oct. 23, 2013, 3:30 p.m.

I am god, and smiting is my thing I do.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 23, 2013, 3:30 p.m.

no.

Oct. 23, 2013, 5:50 p.m.

I am god, and smiting is my thing I do.

Kn.

Uh huh.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 25, 2013, 12:27 a.m.

Why ObamaCare Will Fail to Solve Our Health Care Crisis - by Dr. MARGARET FLOWERS

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 25, 2013, 12:34 a.m.

"Looking at the ACA from a distance, it is difficult to see it as anything more than a law designed by and for the health industries that profit from the current health system. The regulations can be circumvented or waived. The insurers can continue to find innovative ways to avoid the sick and paying for care. And overall the system is becoming more privatized, which is the opposite direction from the real solution, Medicare for all."

Obummercare. A scam just like, well, Obummer himself.

Oct. 25, 2013, 10:15 a.m.

Why ObamaCare Will Fail to Solve Our Health Care Crisis - by Dr. MARGARET FLOWERS

I think that if you thought that the ACA was going to solve the US's healthcare problems, you're a f*cking moron. Republicans dismantled any attempt at actually making it a functional system. Unfortunately, this is all they could pass at this time. Trying to paint this like it is some attempt by the Obama administration to bolster the Insurance industry shows willful ignorance of the political process. In order to actually pass a bill into law, one must have majority support, in this case a super-majority (to overcome a filibuster was needed). In order to gain the support of that super-majority, negotiations were started from an already compromised position and crucial cost saving measures and anything that actually gave the bill teeth were stripped out (including the so-called public option, which was already a compromised position from Obama's campaign because the Blue-dog democrats, Dems holding seats in traditionally Red states, wouldn't accept anything that smelled like single-payer).

Change doesn't necessarily happen at once, often times it's incremental. The ACA, particularly is provisions regarding preexisting conditions, removal of lifetime caps, profit\spending ratios and employer mandates for larger businesses, is a step in the right direction. Are they done yet? No. Not even close.

I think what is ultimately going to happen in the US is a massive medicare expansion to all of their citizens (read: Single Payer), but sh*t like that doesn't happen overnight. Adjust your expectations a little to reflect the reality of the political process and your life will probably be a little less stressful.

Obummercare. A scam just like, well, Obummer himself.

Sure fire way to get people to disregard your opinion: Name calling.

Oct. 25, 2013, 10:58 a.m.

Strangely enough, the Most Watched News company's poll is missing. So you shouldn't be giving Americans that much credit yet …

Oct. 25, 2013, 6 p.m.

Strangely enough, the Most Watched News company's poll is missing. So you shouldn't be giving Americans that much credit yet …

You don't really understand how polling works do you? I think you're mistaking these legitimate polls for flash polls (usually sample group of 'the viewing audience' or twitter responses) which are commonly seen on the news.

Oct. 25, 2013, 11:04 p.m.

I think that if you thought that the ACA was going to solve the US's healthcare problems, you're a f*cking moron. Republicans dismantled any attempt at actually making it a functional system. Unfortunately, this is all they could pass at this time. Trying to paint this like it is some attempt by the Obama administration to bolster the Insurance industry shows willful ignorance of the political process. In order to actually pass a bill into law, one must have majority support, in this case a super-majority (to overcome a filibuster was needed). In order to gain the support of that super-majority, negotiations were started from an already compromised position and crucial cost saving measures and anything that actually gave the bill teeth were stripped out (including the so-called public option, which was already a compromised position from Obama's campaign because the Blue-dog democrats, Dems holding seats in traditionally Red states, wouldn't accept anything that smelled like single-payer).

Change doesn't necessarily happen at once, often times it's incremental. The ACA, particularly is provisions regarding preexisting conditions, removal of lifetime caps, profit\spending ratios and employer mandates for larger businesses, is a step in the right direction. Are they done yet? No. Not even close.

I think what is ultimately going to happen in the US is a massive medicare expansion to all of their citizens (read: Single Payer), but sh*t like that doesn't happen overnight. Adjust your expectations a little to reflect the reality of the political process and your life will probably be a little less stressful.

Nope. You're dead wrong.
In case you've forgotten, single payer wasn't even on the table when the fraud nameth "Obummer" started the discussions on healthcare reform.

This system has merely more firmly placed the delivery of health care into the hands of the insurance industry. It can only regress from here.

The only hope for a single payer model in the US is if some maverick state, Vermont say, institutes single payer and the rest of America WAKES THE FUCK UP!

Sorta' like what hoppen in Canuckistan, eh?

Sure fire way to get people to disregard your opinion: Name calling.

Actually "Obummer" is a bit of a misnomer, people who did their research knew all along his administration would be one of the most anti-main street pro Wall St. in history.

Oct. 25, 2013, 11:38 p.m.

You got a link to something credible that can back that up? Say, something like an article on counterpunch?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 26, 2013, 9:45 a.m.

Is this too much for this thread?

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll