Republicans pass bill to defund Obamacare.

Oct. 3, 2013, 6:01 a.m.

For Farmer:

www.natooke.com

Oct. 3, 2013, 8:43 a.m.

For Farmer:

Freeloader! She should take some personal responsibility and go bankrupt paying out of pocket.

Oct. 3, 2013, 9:07 a.m.

if she didn't want a pre-existing condition, she shouldn't have gotten tumors

Oct. 3, 2013, 9:16 a.m.

I bet she's out on her ATV right now.

Oct. 3, 2013, 9:43 a.m.

Tumors are a lifestyle choice. /true/

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 3, 2013, 9:58 a.m.

So why aren't people who make property, auto and liability insurance claims considered freeloaders or leeches? Insurance can be an immensely profitable business. Equity in and cash flow from Berkshire-Hathaway's Insurance opertations are the real "secret" to Warren Buffet's success and superior returns.

"_… the underappreciated element of Berkshire’s leverage are its insurance and reinsurance operations, which provide more than a third of its funding. An insurance company takes in premiums upfront and pays out claims later on; it is, in effect, borrowing from its policyholders. This would be an expensive strategy if the company undercharged for the risks it was taking. But thanks to the profitability of its insurance operations, Berkshire’s borrowing costs from this source have averaged 2.2%, more than three percentage points below the average short-term financing cost of the American government over the same period.

….the low-beta nature of the portfolio and leverage—pretty much explain all of Mr Buffett’s superior returns, the authors find. Of course, that is quite a different thing from saying that such a long-term performance could be easily replicated. As the authors admit, Mr Buffett recognised these principles, and started applying them, half a century before they wrote their paper. _"

Oct. 3, 2013, 10:37 a.m.

Texas Congressman Randy Neugebauer vs Park Ranger,

http://gawker.com/gop-congressman-makes-park-ranger-apologize-for-shutdow-1440577868?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook[HTML_REMOVED]utm_source=gawker_facebook[HTML_REMOVED]utm_medium=socialflow

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 3, 2013, 10:52 a.m.

Texas Congressman Randy Neugebauer vs Park Ranger,

http://gawker.com/gop-congressman-makes-park-ranger-apologize-for-shutdow-1440577868?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook[HTML_REMOVED]utm_source=gawker_facebook[HTML_REMOVED]utm_medium=socialflow

wow.

just. wow.

Oct. 3, 2013, 11:17 a.m.

One thing i will always have higher than you is veiws ,i go to some of your pages and i veiw public profile i see numbers like 2500 im cruisin in on 8,777 why am i more popular than high profile board members ?
I did have a freezer door slam my cranium a few days ago while chipping the ice.haa guess too many run on sentences too much content jammed into one post instead of making 20 issues.

Ever notice that when a perfectly good train is parked, only a few people will stop view the train, but a train wreck: Massive quantity of views.

Oct. 3, 2013, 11:34 a.m.

It's official the shut down hangs on the head of one man, John Boehner, there are now 17 Republicans willing to back a clean CR to end the shutdown. All John Boehner has to do is allow the CR to come up for a vote.

I'll bet that if he does bring the CR up for a vote, Tea Party Republicans will punitively oust Boehner as speaker…. I guess we'll see what is more important to him, the global economy or his job as speaker.

And Obama is letting everyone know that Boehner owns this shutdown now.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politicsnow/la-pn-obama-boehner-republican-shutdown-20131003,0,5814982.story

The only thing keeping the government closed is Boehner's refusal to call a vote on a budget unburdened by other measures, Obama said. "He doesn't want to anger the extremists in his party," he said. "That's what this whole thing is about. … My simple message today is: Call a vote."

Oct. 3, 2013, 12:28 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/shots-fired-outside-u-s-capitol-building-lockdown-over-1.1894656

Oct. 3, 2013, 12:47 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/shots-fired-outside-u-s-capitol-building-lockdown-over-1.1894656

Has the Revolution started yet??

Even the CBC is avoiding all kinds of truth and integrity in their zeal to remain "balanced" in their reporting …

Before the disruption, lawmakers had been trying to find common ground to end a government shutdown. The House had just finished approving legislation aimed at partly lifting the government shutdown by paying National Guard and Reserve members.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 5, 2013, 5:42 a.m.

I am sitting here, reading a couple of articles - and am truly amazed by the stupidity of certain politicians in the US of A…..again. And again. And again.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 6, 2013, 12:22 a.m.

Our Dark New Normal

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 6, 2013, 4:34 p.m.

One day after the car chase and shooting at the National Mall, a man doused himself in gasoline and set himself ablaze. WTF is happening down there…?

Ride, don't slide.