reporting posts

March 12, 2021, 12:34 p.m.

Is there a way to have some sort of +/-  or vote up/down for posts on the forum like there is on the main page?

March 13, 2021, 11:44 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Is there a way to have some sort of +/-  or vote up/down for posts on the forum like there is on the main page?

No, not out of the box. Sorry.

April 7, 2021, 6:10 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Posted by: tashi

Word, now let’s get that ignore user feature back!

Yeah this would definitely improve QOL around here.

Any movement at all on an ignore user function?

April 7, 2021, 7:16 a.m.

There’s no ignore function, and the mods seem to be fine with everyone behavior in NBR. 

I’ve been mostly staying away from NBR now, it’s a great option when the environment and conversation here sucks so bad.

April 7, 2021, 7:46 a.m.

Hey, there hasn't been any active development for a while so no movement on the ignore user function or anything else. I'm sorry if I created any expectations, that wasn't intentional.

For the record, for the last couple of years it's been just me volunteering my spare time. I'm trying to do at least the minimum maintenance to keep the site running and keep an eye on moderation queue, spam/bots etc. With my day job it's been difficult to commit to anything on top of that. For the last 5 months or so I've also been dealing with my partner having serious health issues. I'm sure you'll all understand I'm giving that priority over anything else.

We don't really have any mods for the forum, I try to keep an eye on the moderation queue and spam/bots and that's pretty much it. Maybe some of you want to volunteer as moderators?

April 7, 2021, 8:58 a.m.

Posted by: [email protected]

Hey, there hasn't been any active development for a while so no movement on the ignore user function or anything else. I'm sorry if I created any expectations, that wasn't intentional.

For the record, for the last couple of years it's been just me volunteering my spare time. I'm trying to do at least the minimum maintenance to keep the site running and keep an eye on moderation queue, spam/bots etc. With my day job it's been difficult to commit to anything on top of that. For the last 5 months or so I've also been dealing with my partner having serious health issues. I'm sure you'll all understand I'm giving that priority over anything else.

We don't really have any mods for the forum, I try to keep an eye on the moderation queue and spam/bots and that's pretty much it. Maybe some of you want to volunteer as moderators?

No worries, we definitely appreciate that you're volunteering your time - I just wanted to put this out there again. For the most part the forum operates relatively smoothly without any moderation as most of us here pretend to be adults most of the time and the hormone fueled stupidity gets call out pretty quickly. However, there are times when some moderation would be appreciated. I'm not sure who'd be willing to step up as a mod, but considering some of the conflicts I don't know if that would work due to the differences that exist between some forum members and some would end up crying foul. There for sure are posts where moderation can be applied though as the forum rules are being broken in relation to excessive flaming. Without a report post function though it makes it hard.

The problem mainly exists with some threads being littered with false, misleading and/or objectionable information which can be difficult to skate by or just let go in circumstances where that info is bigoted/prejudicial in nature. Unfortunately when it does get called out things tend to spiral out of hand quickly. It's not something someone could necessarily be banned for, but for the most part their posts do not add anything productive to the discussion at hand and typically end up taking away from it. It seems that most people here are okay with some dissenting viewpoints, but it gets tiring when those dissenting viewpoints are almost always complete and utter BS.

Some of us made a bit of a gentlemen's agreement to try and ignore or not respond to the posts in question, but it's tiring to see them continually clog up threads where there has been some good discussion or chat.

April 7, 2021, 10:23 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

No worries, we definitely appreciate that you're volunteering your time - I just wanted to put this out there again. For the most part the forum operates relatively smoothly without any moderation as most of us here pretend to be adults most of the time and the hormone fueled stupidity gets call out pretty quickly. However, there are times when some moderation would be appreciated. I'm not sure who'd be willing to step up as a mod, but considering some of the conflicts I don't know if that would work due to the differences that exist between some forum members and some would end up crying foul. There for sure are posts where moderation can be applied though as the forum rules are being broken in relation to excessive flaming. Without a report post function though it makes it hard.

The problem mainly exists with some threads being littered with false, misleading and/or objectionable information which can be difficult to skate by or just let go in circumstances where that info is bigoted/prejudicial in nature. Unfortunately when it does get called out things tend to spiral out of hand quickly. It's not something someone could necessarily be banned for, but for the most part their posts do not add anything productive to the discussion at hand and typically end up taking away from it. It seems that most people here are okay with some dissenting viewpoints, but it gets tiring when those dissenting viewpoints are almost always complete and utter BS.

Some of us made a bit of a gentlemen's agreement to try and ignore or not respond to the posts in question, but it's tiring to see them continually clog up threads where there has been some good discussion or chat.

+1

April 7, 2021, 4:46 p.m.

+2

April 7, 2021, 6:03 p.m.

Good luck with everything, Niels & thanks.