Religion Quiz

Oct. 1, 2010, 12:38 p.m.

I found the data fascinating; that the more educated people were, the more likely they were to be atheist or agnostic.

and the more likely to be unhappy.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 1, 2010, 12:39 p.m.

am i going to hell? im scared

Oct. 1, 2010, 1:27 p.m.

and the more likely to be unhappy.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

You're welcome to it.

I wouldn't trade my engagement with the world, a sense of adventure, a desire to learn or capacity to think critically for something as abstract as "happiness" for all the bliss in the universe.

Oct. 1, 2010, 1:45 p.m.

is it wrong that im prejudiced against strongly religous people

I am too.

12/15 - athiest

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

Oct. 1, 2010, 1:57 p.m.

your life will go for eternity in perfect comfort is a pretty nice thing to believe in

Going to have to disagree with you on that one. I think an eternity of perfect comfort is a terrifying prospect. Eternal life would get boring after a short period of time, without things like pain and death to worry about existence would have no meaning.

If I was religious the only ones that would appeal to me would have reincarnation and not heaven as the "afterlife".

The Ham

Oct. 1, 2010, 2:02 p.m.

9/15
i always get confused about buddhism/hinduism
i hate tests

The test answer was partially wrong on that question. Nirvana is part of Buddhist and Hindu philosophy.

I only got 9. Turns out that I don't know much about Catholicism.

Oct. 1, 2010, 2:45 p.m.

15/15, atheist with a healthy sense of wonder.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Oct. 1, 2010, 2:56 p.m.

Going to have to disagree with you on that one. I think an eternity of perfect comfort is a terrifying prospect. Eternal life would get boring after a short period of time, without things like pain and death to worry about existence would have no meaning.

If I was religious the only ones that would appeal to me would have reincarnation and not heaven as the "afterlife".

The Ham

You're welcome to it.

I wouldn't trade my engagement with the world, a sense of adventure, a desire to learn or capacity to think critically for something as abstract as "happiness" for all the bliss in the universe.

That was my point. If you were ignorant, then you could go about life knowing that things were all good and not know any better.
However, being educated is much more fun, but you do have to question the entire point to existence, since at the end of your life, that's it as far as you're concerned, and the thought of absolute nothingness is deeply disturbing.

Oct. 1, 2010, 3 p.m.

The body of a salmon pulled from a river by a bear and half-eaten will decompose and provide nutrients for the forest, which continues to grow. That is how life continues, and I don't find that "deeply disturbing" at all.

Oct. 1, 2010, 3:17 p.m.

the thought of absolute nothingness is deeply disturbing.

I don't find the thought of absolute nothing to be disturbing at all. think back far enough and there is absolute nothingness so as far as I am concerned that is the status quo. I understand its not what most people think and my wife finds my beliefs on the matter quite disturbing but meh.

The Ham

Oct. 1, 2010, 3:20 p.m.

I don't find the thought of absolute nothing to be disturbing at all. think back far enough and there is absolute nothingness so as far as I am concerned that is the status quo. I understand its not what most people think and my wife finds my beliefs on the matter quite disturbing but meh.

The Ham

I've still got a lot to do with my life yet, I'm not ready to give it up just now.

Oct. 1, 2010, 3:39 p.m.

I've still got a lot to do with my life yet, I'm not ready to give it up just now.

I still have lots to do with my life as well, I fail to see how that figures into the conversation?

Oct. 1, 2010, 3:44 p.m.

I still have lots to do with my life as well, I fail to see how that figures into the conversation?

he's having an e-panic attack

Oct. 1, 2010, 3:52 p.m.

I tend to look at it like this, we have two options…

Option 1: Die and there is nothing, no point worrying about it now, nothing I can do to change the inevitable

Option 2: Die and there is an 'afterlife', no point worrying about it now, nothing I can do to change the inevitable!

As some famous quoted person said: The only thing I HAVE to do in this life is die. Everything else is a choice with consequences…

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Oct. 1, 2010, 4:01 p.m.

^ wiki Pascal's wager.