recommend me a summer camp for kids...

March 3, 2016, 10:09 p.m.

We've had our daughter ar Camp Summit the last couple of years and she's loved it. We might start looking into other camps for some thing different going forward but they have provided a great experience for her - especially at the the younger years ( 5 and 6)

March 4, 2016, 6:32 a.m.

neverland ranch. I was there for the '92 sleep over

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

March 4, 2016, 7 a.m.

Scouts camp out in Langley. Both my boys went and liked it.

March 4, 2016, 9:25 a.m.

Educo camp (also near 100 Mile) was really good when I went, more for older kids, long hikes rock climbing canoe trips etc.

Christoph at Burnie hut had given courses to Educo where he invited 5 of them to come up for the summer maintenance/building projects/trail work at Burnie so I hung out with them for a week and we worked them hard

What I can say is they are a nice group of hard working 18-26 yr olds, they all came up thru the Educo system and were pretty pumped about it, at least one of them had been a Ritalin addicted kid and he said you gotta get kids out doing shit, not medicate them

Haven't been to Educo so I can't speak to the facilities but the councilors get a thumbs up

March 4, 2016, 2:06 p.m.

neverland ranch. I was there for the '92 sleep over

Hahaha. I am not sure how many heads that went over…

March 4, 2016, 2:16 p.m.

i would consider elphinstone more of a resort than a camp. sailboats, heated/air conditioned "cabins", a swimming pool, etc.

Unless it's changed a lot, the "pool" was a cordoned off area of the ocean. The cabins aren't AC, but maybe the mess hall was, there were 1-4 night hikes/outtrips planned for each group. But yes, there were lasers and a couple of windsurfers (which the older kids loved getting booked time on).