Recommend a good lawyer...family law

March 4, 2016, 4:34 p.m.

You are a better person than me, I'd have handed him a sharp knife and said "do it" but then I have limited tolerance for psychologically malipulative bullshit, in hindsight if he'd off'd himself you wouldn't be in this dilemma right now

How very true. I don't tolerate manipulation well either, but I really didn't think I could live with myself if he really did it.
Now I know better.

:canada: :swiss:

March 4, 2016, 8:30 p.m.

, but every time, he would threaten to kill himself.

Not at you but…

Manipulative fucktarded assclown waste of fucking oxygen …. :swearing:

Agree with Aussie dreamz. In my experience based on one case….no one who is thinking of doing that would say it out loud.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 23, 2016, 11:12 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/should-house-price-spike-stop-divorced-dad-s-spousal-support-1.3483794

Related?

Jan. 16, 2017, 11 a.m.

Quick bump for this…
A friend is just at the start of this whole process and doesn't have a clue about most of it and needs to understand the value of a good lawyer, his wife has come out all guns blazing and he needs some robust defense.

Any idea what sort of budget for legal fees he should be planning on my gut is telling $15 to 20K taxes in.

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Jan. 16, 2017, 11:59 a.m.

no idea what it costs now days but I can't stress enough putting business affairs in order and getting a legal separation agreement SOONER rather than later

reason being that shit changes so that what was a happy soon to be ex-spouse has time to think and talk to their friends and become not so happy

also RE goes up and down and you can really get bit on the ass if you let this sit too long while the market does its thing

Jan. 16, 2017, 6:54 p.m.

Quick bump for this…
A friend is just at the start of this whole process and doesn't have a clue about most of it and needs to understand the value of a good lawyer, his wife has come out all guns blazing and he needs some robust defense.

Any idea what sort of budget for legal fees he should be planning on my gut is telling $15 to 20K taxes in.

If they live in BC, he's fucked.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 16, 2017, 7:34 p.m.

Umm, probably not.

Filed it with Court of Queen's bench more like.

Court of Queen's -[HTML_REMOVED] Court of Appeals -[HTML_REMOVED] Supreme Court

Incorrect. In BC the superior court is called the Supreme Court. In Alberta it's called the Court of Queen's Bench. The names of the superior courts vary a bit by province. Above the Appeal level and you're in the Supreme Court of Canada.

In Alberta it's Provincial -[HTML_REMOVED] Queen's Bench -[HTML_REMOVED] Court of Appeal

In BC it's Provincial -[HTML_REMOVED] Supreme -[HTML_REMOVED] Court of Appeal

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/

https://albertacourts.ca/

Jan. 17, 2017, 8:40 a.m.

Incorrect. In BC the superior court is called the Supreme Court. In Alberta it's called the Court of Queen's Bench. The names of the superior courts vary a bit by province. Above the Appeal level and you're in the Supreme Court of Canada.

In Alberta it's Provincial -[HTML_REMOVED] Queen's Bench -[HTML_REMOVED] Court of Appeal

In BC it's Provincial -[HTML_REMOVED] Supreme -[HTML_REMOVED] Court of Appeal

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/

https://albertacourts.ca/

I did not know BC called its courts the Supreme Court of BC. Always learning from NSMB…

Jan. 18, 2017, 9:19 a.m.

Quick bump for this…

The first thing your friend needs to do is have a consult with a lawyer specializing in family law and aim for mediation if possible.

Second, he needs to become very familiar with the family law act…its available online.

Third, he needs to write EVERYTHING down that has happened and happens in the future…this includes conversations, financial transactions and anything his spouse does or doesn't do. Make and keep copies of all financial transactions ie. print off copies of bank statements, transfers etc.

As for the OP, sections 84 and 85 of the fla cover the topic you're dealing with. I hope it has been resolved by now.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 18, 2017, 10:22 a.m.

The first thing your friend needs to do is have a consult with a lawyer specializing in family law and aim for mediation if possible.

Second, he needs to become very familiar with the family law act…its available online.

Third, he needs to write EVERYTHING down that has happened and happens in the future…this includes conversations, financial transactions and anything his spouse does or doesn't do. Make and keep copies of all financial transactions ie. print off copies of bank statements, transfers etc.

As for the OP, sections 84 and 85 of the fla cover the topic you're dealing with. I hope it has been resolved by now.

Cheers,thats the plan, we are on the brink of setting him up with another friend who is into the shit to the tune of nearly $100K (inter provincial mentalism)to help him understand how important this is (in particular doing everything he can to be the best possible parent ever, he has let work get in the way of this for the last couple of years and if I can pick holes in this God knows what a lawyer can do)

Shredding hypothetical gnarr