Real Estate Prices in Van

Nov. 14, 2006, 10:32 p.m.

Please point out where the article doesn't make sense.

Of course the above cannot exactly be applied to Vancouver but many factors outlined in it do apply…

Pedro

it is wrong where i noted, in the inflation part, it is wrong in its sweeping generalizations, it is WRONG

those prices i quoted in vancouver can/will be replicated in almost every city and town.

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Nov. 15, 2006, 1:55 a.m.

You're also forgetting one factor about real estate in Vancouver that almost no other major North American city has to deal with - the fact that there is essentially no place for the city itself to grow to. Whereas in any other given city urban sprawl can continue on in all directions providing more and more supply, Vancouver is trapped between a rock [HTML_REMOVED] a hard place (or some mountains, the boarder, and the water more accurately). Supply can't really increase very much (only through higher density, making actual 'houses' even more coveted), yet demand will stay high. Even if there is a minor bubble burst in the Vancouver-area that affects parts of the city, it won't affect the more desirable parts of the city to much (if any) extent.

I think this applies more in the downtown/west end/yaletown/false creek area… In the rest of the city of Vancouver proper there is still a lot of room for the housing density to be increased from single family homes to townhouses, row houses, or 3-4 floor condo buildings.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Nov. 15, 2006, 2:08 a.m.

you guys think Vancouver is expensive? For what you get Vancouver is a bargain. try buying in London , New York, Paris ect… Vancouver has not reached anywhere near what its worth

Great point. Though it will never reach the prices of those particular cities, it certainly has a lot of room to grow.

Anyone priced out a place in SF lateley?

iforonewelcome.com

Nov. 15, 2006, 2:32 a.m.

We have surrey.

Nov. 15, 2006, 7:12 a.m.

you guys think Vancouver is expensive? For what you get Vancouver is a bargain. try buying in London , New York, Paris ect… Vancouver has not reached anywhere near what its worth

Not even close.

You need to stop believing the tourism BC brochures - Vancouver is like the armpit known as Chilliwack compared to places like London or Paris.

There is no city in Canada that comes close to those metropolises (and I lived in Toronto, Montreal and Paris and London).

Nov. 15, 2006, 7:21 a.m.

Not even close.

You need to stop believing the tourism BC brochures - Vancouver is like the armpit known as Chilliwack compared to places like London or Paris.

There is no city in Canada that comes close to those metropolises (and I lived in Toronto, Montreal and Paris and London).

Let me guess you where arrested and deported as a PNG?

So if Vancouver and bC is not to your liking then why do you live there?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 15, 2006, 7:58 a.m.

Let me guess you where arrested and deported as a PNG?

So if Vancouver and bC is not to your liking then why do you live there?

Now this is good exercise - I have proof you cannot read (like a lot here) and would rather just put your own spin on things.

Where exactly did I write that I did not like Vancouver? Please show me the words.

Compared to lobster a filet o fish is junk; but that does not say it's junk on it's own. It does not even say I don't like to eat filet o fish. Just don't try to be selling me filet o fish at lobster prices.

Do you see the meaning there?

ps. Have you ever written the LSAT?

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:06 a.m.

shrank loves a good stanky armpit. hairy too.

Ive been to a fair amount of big cities in the world not many that I would consider anywhere near as nice as Vancouver. (for the things I like).

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:08 a.m.

Now this is good exercise - I have proof you cannot read (like a lot here) and would rather just put your own spin on things.

Where exactly did I write that I did not like Vancouver? Please show me the words.

Compared to lobster a filet o fish is junk; but that does not say it's junk on it's own. It does not even say I don't like to eat filet o fish. Just don't try to be selling me filet o fish at lobster prices.

Do you see the meaning there?

ps. Have you ever written the LSAT?

And here we go again.

I asked a simple question and you twist it into something else.

So if I can't read then how did I read the headline from the Globe and Mail that started this thread? Oh, I get it, I learned it via osmosis.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:10 a.m.

shrank loves a good stanky armpit. hairy too.

Ive been to a fair amount of big cities in the world not many that I would consider anywhere near as nice as Vancouver. (for the things I like).

The only other city I would consider living in is Sydney Australia. Other than that rather be in Van.

Now if I could only arrange a Al Qaida hit on Toronto.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:13 a.m.

And here we go again.

I asked a simple question and you twist it into something else.

So if I can't read then how did I read the headline from the Globe and Mail that started this thread? Oh, I get it, I learned it via osmosis.

"Let me guess you where arrested and deported as a PNG? "

I live here because I love the fishing, skiing and mountain biking. Things which suck in the other cities I mentioned (comparatively). Also my wife's family happens to be here.

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:18 a.m.

"Let me guess you where arrested and deported as a PNG? "

I live here because I love the fishing, skiing and mountain biking. Things which suck in the other cities I mentioned (comparatively). Also my wife's family happens to be here.

Well it's not my fault you can't take a joke. By the way have you figured out what PNG'd actually means? Hint it's something to do with governement representitives.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:19 a.m.

Shranky give it a rest already. Its painful to read.

rather than twisting the shit out of it why not tell us why Vancouver Realesate is Overvalued/Undervalued? Why London or San Fran are the Lobster to Vancouver's fish sticks? what is it you love about a hairy armpit?

Inquireing minds want to know.

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:25 a.m.

Shranky give it a rest already. Its painful to read.

what is it you love about a hairy armpit?

Inquireing minds want to know.

It reminds me of your mother.

Anything else you want to be "Inquireing" about?

Nov. 15, 2006, 8:31 a.m.

It reminds me of your mother.

Anything else you want to be "Inquireing" about?

Moms dead so thats a wierd fetish you have