Quest University-Life at an innovative university.

March 14, 2011, 12:26 a.m.

Anyone who rides Squamish has probably seen this campus, but might not know what the school is all about.

I transfered last year from a large public university, and it has been a transformative educational experience.

We simply want to get the word out, and let the community know what is going on up here. So take a second and check out the videos!

Fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-3zfo4uAg
SMRT's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2S4W1uMhY

Credit for the video's goes to 2nd year student and amateur filmmaker Tucker Sherman who made the video to give back to the school that has given us so much. Music by 3rd year student Evan Captain of Fogon.

More reading- http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2011/02/24/the-student%E2%80%99s-quest/

Helfand points with pride to the new results of the 2010 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), revealed in this issue of Maclean[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s. Quest[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s first-year students (there were no senior students yet to survey) recorded student involvement and satisfaction far beyond larger, older universities. It finished top among Canadian universities in five key outcomes: academic challenge, student-faculty interaction, supportive campus environment, active and collaborative learning, and enriching educational experience.

March 14, 2011, 12:34 a.m.

I'm glad your daddy has $$$

Yeah i'm hating.

March 14, 2011, 12:35 a.m.

I didnt decide to move to canada this year for university but they all seemed like great reasons to promote your awesome lifestyle oppurtunities nonetheless.

Well done to the filmmaker. Really cool!

March 14, 2011, 12:40 a.m.

I'm glad your daddy has $$$

Yeah i'm hating.

Approximately half the schools annual operating budget goes to financial aid and scholarships. This is not a school of entitled kids. We are, however, all incredibly blessed.

March 14, 2011, 2:36 a.m.

Financially or spiritually? In that sense you are starting to sound like a cult.

I'm not hating your choice of schools, I'm just saying for the average canadian the thoughts of even attending a school that iss around 20k a year just for TUITION alone, is a little unreasonable.

March 14, 2011, 3:21 a.m.

Out of country tuition for UBC or SFU is between $18,500 to $24,000 a year but lots of kids from China, Korea and Japan can pay it… Go check the UBC tuition schedule website for citizen vs. non citizen.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

March 14, 2011, 4:23 a.m.

Out of country tuition for UBC or SFU is between $18,500 to $24,000 a year but lots of kids from China, Korea and Japan can pay it… Go check the UBC tuition schedule website for citizen vs. non citizen.

I'm aware, but if they can afford to come here their parents obviously have money to pay for it! Also rumour has it is UBC has changed it's acceptance on accepting TOEFL students…

March 14, 2011, 4:56 a.m.

My brother gets raped by trinity western. It's 20k atleast a year.

That school looks rad, and has cool ideas. Too bad I'm too old

March 14, 2011, 6:14 a.m.

20k per year seems like a lot, truth be told it isn't that far off from the "true" cost of a university education when you count the government subsidies.

I'm aware, but if they can afford to come here their parents obviously have money to pay for it! Also rumour has it is UBC has changed it's acceptance on accepting TOEFL students…

More stringent? My impression of TOEFL is that the testing is overrun with cheating. I've heard that from lots of people in the education community.

March 14, 2011, 7:34 a.m.

Credit for the video's goes to

Uni level edumacation, and still using apostrophe's in inappropriate place's?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 14, 2011, 7:37 a.m.

No coverage of downtown Squamish?

March 14, 2011, 8:34 a.m.

Uni level edumacation, and still using apostrophe's in inappropriate place's?

Kn.

It was late. Take mercy!

March 14, 2011, 8:53 a.m.

Financially or spiritually? In that sense you are starting to sound like a cult.

I'm not hating your choice of schools, I'm just saying for the average canadian the thoughts of even attending a school that iss around 20k a year just for TUITION alone, is a little unreasonable.

Stop fucking bitching.

There are many universities in this country. They will each appeal to a certain spectrum of people. Trinity Western appeals to a certain religious demographic like Queen's appeals to the inbred with money demopgraphic.

You go where you feel drawn to. You a drawn to UBC. Leave it at that. But we all know you are a self absorbed prat who will whine about how oppressed and miserable you are.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 14, 2011, 9:19 a.m.

Stop fucking bitching.

There are many universities in this country. They will each appeal to a certain spectrum of people. Trinity Western appeals to a certain religious demographic like Queen's appeals to the inbred with money demopgraphic.

You go where you feel drawn to. You a drawn to UBC. Leave it at that. But we all know you are a self absorbed prat who will whine about how oppressed and miserable you are.

I leased my student loans, when I was feeling lucky I tried to double it with teh gambling.

March 14, 2011, 9:23 a.m.

Are they able to grant recognizable degrees yet? I heard their application wouldn't be looked at until the first class graduates, which should be coming up soon.

I met some of their admissions team, and they're a quality bunch.