Quarry Road - Coquitlam?

April 21, 2013, 8:14 p.m.

Sooo…the place where we take our mutt to doggy daycare at times, also take the dogs to Quarry Road and there is meant to be a nice hike there. I did a search with the google and found information regarding KKK lodges and evil compounds. Both myself and my wife are pretty well Aryan race, but our dog is a cross breed and we don't want her dragged along the road behind a Dodge Ram…. If we go up this road, will we make it out alive?

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 21, 2013, 8:46 p.m.

Probably minnekhada park. Its a nice loop. Burke is nicer though. I think in minnekhada its on leash too. You can drive quite a way up quarry until the secret evil compound.

April 21, 2013, 8:51 p.m.

Ya, they're probably talking about the north access into Minnekhada. You can also get there off Victoria (??? - at least, that's where victoria takes off from cedar) where in goes to Minnekhada Lodge by the Pitt River.

Butler may be right about it technically being "on leash", but I don't ever remember seeing any sort of GVRD cop out there patrolling.

The secret evil compound is all the way at the end of quarry road, well past the parking lot for minnekhada. And the gate / signs make it hard to miss.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

April 21, 2013, 9:38 p.m.

My god people, it is just the property of bob and tony edwards. They are private people with alot of expensive logging equipment around. they have had alot of problems with tree huggers and just want there privacy which they have worked exceptionally hard to find. There family is one of poco,s earlier pioneer family and at one time they owned most of the south side of burke mtn.
It would be a good idea to leave these people to there property as they are both tough as nails and can get a little excitable when it comes to having people on their property.

There used to be more residents living past that gate, but Metro Vancouver Parks have slowly been trying to acquire the land as properties are sold hoping soon that the public will be able enjoy the land.

The residents including Bob [HTML_REMOVED] Tony own the property from where their homes lay [HTML_REMOVED] the portion of gravel road infront of their respective homes.

There is only a shanty like houseboat moored on the north side of the river, guy has a shot gun.

April 21, 2013, 9:52 p.m.

My god people, it is just the property of bob and tony edwards. They are private people with alot of expensive logging equipment around. they have had alot of problems with tree huggers and just want there privacy which they have worked exceptionally hard to find. There family is one of poco,s earlier pioneer family and at one time they owned most of the south side of burke mtn.
It would be a good idea to leave these people to there property as they are both tough as nails and can get a little excitable when it comes to having people on their property.

thanks for keeping it real. lol city folk

zomg a compound with KKK and neo nazis and a mahoosive ricin stash and gunz and moar whackos and little baby Jebus

chill, city people, it's just country folk

April 21, 2013, 9:54 p.m.

As far as i know that road past the gate at the end of quarry road would take you to Widgeon Creek wouldnt it?
There is a pull out about half way down the road where a trail starts that heads up to the lakes on top of Burke as well. The parking lot for all the Minnekhada hiking trails is on the right when the road first turns to dirt.

April 21, 2013, 10:13 p.m.

There used to be more residents living past that gate, but Metro Vancouver Parks have slowly been trying to acquire the land as properties are sold hoping soon that the public will be able enjoy the land.

The residents including Bob [HTML_REMOVED] Tony own the property from where their homes lay [HTML_REMOVED] the portion of gravel road infront of their respective homes.

I know Tony and Bob, through Trent, who owns Treeko.
There is only a shanty like houseboat moored on the north side of the river, guy has a shot gun.

curious how you know Bob and Tony? Shame Bob sold his house, as it was pretty unique….not so much my taste but the location was pretty stellar. Actually Edwards rd was named after grandpa Edwards.

April 21, 2013, 10:14 p.m.

As far as i know that road past the gate at the end of quarry road would take you to Widgeon Creek wouldnt it?

Yes it would

April 21, 2013, 10:24 p.m.

Well quarry rd after the gate is still maintained by the city, so you should have the right to access it. I've met aggressive "security" there before. My advice is too leave it alone.

There is an interesting thread on club tread that talks about the secret evil compound.

The road ends up at the widgeon slough campground which is boat only access, I guess parks has a deal with them to get their service trucks in there.

April 22, 2013, 7:27 a.m.

Pasted in from club tread?

April 22, 2013, 8:05 a.m.

Pasted in from club tread?

yeah, cut [HTML_REMOVED] pasted from club tread, although maybe sleeper goes but the username "northernbc" there.

April 22, 2013, 9:40 a.m.

thanks for keeping it real. lol city folk

zomg a compound with KKK and neo nazis and a mahoosive ricin stash and gunz and moar whackos and little baby Jebus

chill, city people, it's just country folk

:lol:

I was just wondering whether the private property / gate started before the trails that people hike on. :) Don't want to pish peeps off.

We have just realized though that our lattes might get cold due to the length of the drive so will just go to Seymour today, but we will still check out the area in the future.

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 22, 2013, 12:19 p.m.

no, the gate is a few km past minnekhada.

April 24, 2013, 9:07 p.m.

no, the gate is a few km past minnekhada.

Actually there are a few trails that start past the gate. The real trailhead for the fools gold trail is somewhere in there too.

April 24, 2013, 9:10 p.m.

We have just realized though that our lattes might get cold due to the length of the drive so will just go to Seymour today, but we will still check out the area in the future.

There are 2 Starbucks with drive-thrus within 5 minutes of Minnekhada, you're covered!!