PUMPKIN BEERS

Oct. 22, 2014, 4:56 p.m.

Not my thing but… they gave me a sample at Bomber Brewing of their new pumpkin beer. It didn't really taste like pumpkin so I thought it was passable. I still didn't fill my growler with it though.

Oct. 22, 2014, 9:52 p.m.

only one that i have ever actually enjoyed was the elysian night owl which was mentioned by dynasplit

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/700/7077/

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Oct. 23, 2014, 11:36 a.m.

Tasted Red Racer Pumpkin ail. Taste like drinking pumpkin pie! Plenty of spice.
Dead frog……Yep Dead Frog brewerey has a Reaper beer. No Pumpkin but is has a nice orange pumpkin color. Wonderful German malty flavor with a perfect balance of hallertauer hops.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Oct. 24, 2014, 12:12 p.m.

I'm not necessarily for or against pumpkin as an adjunct in beer but it's not a winning ingredient. It's the spice mix that does more good (or harm) anyway.

I find most pumpkin beers are just boring bases with a bit of pumpkin spice added, so naturally the result is meh. Give me a well-made and gently spiced pumpkin barleywine winter warmer, and I bet I'd dig it. However, the vast majority of pumpkin beers are made as marketing devices towards those without decent palates.

I have such a thing in the fridge-Almanac Heirloom Barleywine. Supposedly it's very good, looking forward to cracking.