Public Shaming- Riot

June 20, 2011, 6:48 a.m.

He ruined a car,but you guys ruined a career.

Sleep well on that.

It takes a lot to make a career out of something you would normally be doing anyways (and at a considerable cost, like the rest of us paying for bikes, passes etc). Very few people get there. He should have cherished what he had. At what point did he think that ruining other people's property was "cool" or "fun"?

Have YOU ever had anything stolen from you? Have you ever had your car keyed for no reason? He flipped and completely ruined someone's vehicle. And if that weren't enough - HE DID THIS PUBLICLY! He enjoyed that form of publicity as is evidenced by the "rocker" photo.

He made a bad choice and that cost him his career. He chose to do it in front of cameras. What do you suggest his sponsors do? Post his "sincere" apology on their websites and keep sponsoring him? Really?

June 20, 2011, 7 a.m.

Mike phelps likes teh bong hits

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 20, 2011, 8:01 a.m.

Loopie: The guy with the red goatee was trying to save that truck. It might have even been his own truck. There are videos of him trying to stave off the crowds. When he punches the guy, it's because the guy threw fire into the front seat. AFter that, the crowd went after him.

He's one of the good guys.

June 20, 2011, 8:22 a.m.

Loopie: The guy with the red goatee was trying to save that truck. It might have even been his own truck. There are videos of him trying to stave off the crowds. When he punches the guy, it's because the guy threw fire into the front seat. AFter that, the crowd went after him.

He's one of the good guys.

Wat?

The guy with the red goat pulling the toolbox off the truck, stick in one hand and a shit eating grin?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 20, 2011, 8:34 a.m.

http://publicshamingeternus.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/bert-easterbrook-could-be-captain-vancouver/

I think he meant this ginger dude.. What a champ! At least one fire throwing douche got the broken nose they deserved.

June 20, 2011, 8:42 a.m.

hahahahaha look at this photo a little closer

yeah and the chick beside him was the one running around with her tits hanging out a short while later- maybe someone can dig up that photo.

I heard that story about the truck brought down there specifically for the purpose of being trashed too, but this can't be the one. Why would he leave a toolbox (presumably with all his tools in it) and the Thule rack in it? That ain't a cheap setup.

ski faster, I hear banjo music

June 20, 2011, 8:47 a.m.

http://publicshamingeternus.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/bert-easterbrook-could-be-captain-vancouver/

I think he meant this ginger dude.. What a champ! At least one fire throwing douche got the broken nose they deserved.

Bert Easterbrook- I hope he wins some sort of medal for bravery. I don't even think it was his truck. There were a couple of other fairly large dudes helping him fend people away from the truck too, but it was Bert who got jumped by a mob of cowards. Think the police jumped in after that. There's a good video out there somewhere of the whole thing, with the camera guy chasing him down afterwards for a quick "interview", blood trickling down his face.

ski faster, I hear banjo music

June 20, 2011, 10:34 a.m.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/caught-on-cam/#clip486305

Fast forward to 2:40 to see our little truck flipper.

Someone has a man crush.

June 20, 2011, 10:52 a.m.

and after seeing the look on his face, and how excited he was to flip that truck. What are the odds that after that little pose for the camera he decided to just go home? I'm sure he was involved in more than he's just been caught doing (so far)

June 20, 2011, 10:55 a.m.

and after seeing the look on his face, and how excited he was to flip that truck. What are the odds that after that little pose for the camera he decided to just go home? I'm sure he was involved in more than he's just been caught doing (so far)

While I agree with public outing of anyone involved, I can't condone this sort of speculation.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 20, 2011, 11:04 a.m.

While I agree with public outing of anyone involved, I can't condone this sort of speculation.

Kn.

But you see where this goes, right?

A complex interaction between sterics and electronics…

June 20, 2011, 11:08 a.m.

Kn.

I agree… but like I said, "caught SO FAR". Look how many more pics and vids have come out of him in just the last 2 days, "proving" he was involved in more than he claimed… i'm just saying it's probably only a matter of time before more pics are found. The look of sheer joy on his face leads me to believe he likely wanted to keep that high going.

June 20, 2011, 11:08 a.m.

Not that guy….the one with the larger red goatee^, the one haulin the box^…he's in many clips/pics.

June 20, 2011, 11:23 a.m.

But you see where this goes, right?

yes. and I wouldn't speculate either but Waterboy just showed up in more videos trying to get a fire going in some garbage cans so he was involved in more than just trying to torch a police car.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 20, 2011, 11:26 a.m.

yes. and I wouldn't speculate either but Waterboy just showed up in more videos trying to get a fire going in some garbage cans so he was involved in more than just trying to torch a police car.

And every elite athlete carries a lighter with them.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells