Public Shaming- Riot

June 17, 2011, 4:29 p.m.

Has that douche with the red hair goatee been ID'ed yet? He was doing quite a bit of instigating…he's in every clip to do with that truck and then some…

June 17, 2011, 4:55 p.m.

The real shitty thing about this is that the rioters are part of our society. How can people be so ignorant that they think this kind of behaviour is ok? Makes me wonder how we will be able to do the things we need to do as a group to survive when this kind of attitude and thought processes exist around us. There is new glass for the windows and new cars and trucks for those who lost, but the ignorant losers who carried out these incredibly moronic and socially irresponsible acts will be with us for the rest of our lives.

June 17, 2011, 5 p.m.

The sad part is that he will get invited to Crankworx and stick a double back flip and everyone will forget what he did. Somebody needs to hack the jumbotron so that his run has a picture of him in front of a burning car looking like a douchebag.

To the list of people on his FB that are supporting him. I know several of you are on NSMB. I don't know what he's like. Fk he might be the gd dmn dali lama but he just made a really bad decision and unless you're blind to what just happened in Vancouver then I wouldn't be so quick to support him publicly unless you want to get dragged through the mud with him.

June 17, 2011, 5:05 p.m.

Also remember this is 1 photo. just because you don't see him doing more does not mean he is not.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

June 17, 2011, 5:33 p.m.

INterview with victim afterwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSVMzRb1H3Q

I'd buy him a beer.

June 17, 2011, 5:38 p.m.

To the list of people on his FB that are supporting him. I know several of you are on NSMB. I don't know what he's like. Fk he might be the gd dmn dali lama but he just made a really bad decision and unless you're blind to what just happened in Vancouver then I wouldn't be so quick to support him publicly unless you want to get dragged through the mud with him.

I posted a comment on there and stand by it. There's a difference between supporting someone's actions and recognizing an apology. I don't know Alex further than Facebook but am sure he'll do the right thing.

Let's not get too carried away with the mud-dragging lynch mob, eh? Wouldn't want it to descend into a riot…

===========================
UPDATED 19/6
===========================

In light of the latest photo depicting Alex actually participating in the riot rather than posing, this comment and the next few of mine no longer represent my feelings on the situation. I'd really hoped for the best on this one, and wanted to reserve judgement until more facts were available. Seems I bet on the wrong outcome.

June 17, 2011, 5:54 p.m.

I posted a comment on there and stand by it. There's a difference between supporting someone's actions and recognizing an apology. I don't know Alex further than Facebook but am sure he'll do the right thing.

Let's not get too carried away with the mud-dragging lynch mob, eh? Wouldn't want it to descend into a riot…

When the apology involves a bullshit lie and is nothing more than a blatant attempt at damage control, it really doesn't deserve to be recognized, or accepted.

June 17, 2011, 6:18 p.m.

When the apology involves a bullshit lie and is nothing more than a blatant attempt at damage control, it really doesn't deserve to be recognized, or accepted.

From my personal point of view (which currently happens to be in the far away climes of the Yukon, from where I watched the destruction on TV, open-mouthed in disbelief), I'd rather not jump to conclusions based on circumstantial evidence. Isn't condemning someone without all the facts is just as bad as supporting the actions of those known to be guilty?

June 17, 2011, 6:22 p.m.

Isn't condemning someone without all the facts is just as bad as supporting the actions of those known to be guilty?

It might very well be. Still though, considering that young Alex's face, hands and clothes are black with soot, it's safe to say that he was doing more than just "posing" in front of the car.

June 17, 2011, 6:25 p.m.

It might very well be. Still though, considering that young Alex's face, hands and clothes are black with soot, it's safe to say that he was doing more than just "posing" in front of the car.

It's really not though, is it? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

June 17, 2011, 6:31 p.m.

far away climes of the Yukon, from where I watched the destruction on TV, open-mouthed in disbelief

there's your problem. you didn't watch the smoke rising from your balcony. this shit is real.

June 17, 2011, 6:33 p.m.

June 17, 2011, 6:34 p.m.

It's really not though, is it? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Fair enough. Personally, I'm hoping that his sponsors are considerably more judgemental than you are. :D

June 17, 2011, 6:37 p.m.

Fair enough. Personally, I'm hoping that his sponsors are considerably more judgemental than you are. :D

Don't get me wrong - if he did participate any further than just running in and posing for a photo, in itself a really stupid and ignorant move but not in the same league as actually physically damaging property, I sincerely hope he gets all that he deserves. I'm just a little uncomfortable filling in the blanks with guesstimates and conjecture.

June 17, 2011, 6:41 p.m.

Wonder how our own Mr Norona the sponsorship guru of NSMB views this.

The reality is especially in this day and age of instantly the world knows you did something stupid. Anyone who is sponsored has to be wary of where they put themselves. Because all it takes is this picture for any of his sponsors to say " Sorry, we can't take the risk". Because at the end of the day of the sponsor feels that this will negatively effect their image and selling of product… they will remove that.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/