Public Shaming- Riot

June 19, 2011, 8:52 p.m.

Holy fuck the "counter-riot of justice" is almost as bad. I posted the first photo of Alex on the shop I work for's facebook, with "who can identify the pro rider in this photo?" as a caption (yes, poor taste in infotainment for sure, in hindsight); somehow that publicshamingeternus site decided that we were supporting him and his actions. Now our fb is inundated with idiots going on about how we should stop sponsoring him. Ugh. PR nightmare.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

June 19, 2011, 9 p.m.

Pro mountain biking has it's own odd fraternity it seems. Cam Zink is celebrating Alex's involvement here.

"The best photo from the whole riot and the one that best sums up the gnar that happened a few nights ago Mtn Bikings very own, Alex Pro. This photo made national news in Canada so there isn’t really any harm in posting it now. Alex made a formal apology and assure everyone that he didnt start the fire or flip over the car. Alex, you are a wildman."

Anyone know Zink's sponsors?

I want this kid homeless by the end of the week. :rolleyes:

Pastor of Muppets

June 19, 2011, 9:24 p.m.

Holy fuck the "counter-riot of justice" is almost as bad. I posted the first photo of Alex on the shop I work for's facebook, with "who can identify the pro rider in this photo?" as a caption (yes, poor taste in infotainment for sure, in hindsight); somehow that publicshamingeternus site decided that we were supporting him and his actions. Now our fb is inundated with idiots going on about how we should stop sponsoring him. Ugh. PR nightmare.

Which OBB you work at?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 19, 2011, 9:35 p.m.

Pro mountain biking has it's own odd fraternity it seems. Cam Zink is celebrating Alex's involvement here.

"The best photo from the whole riot and the one that best sums up the gnar that happened a few nights ago Mtn Bikings very own, Alex Pro. This photo made national news in Canada so there isn’t really any harm in posting it now. Alex made a formal apology and assure everyone that he didnt start the fire or flip over the car. Alex, you are a wildman."

Great to see that the whole mountain bike community will be dragged through this now.

Weak comment by Cam Zink.

June 19, 2011, 9:58 p.m.

MikeO, I wouldn't go as far as threatening him with violence, quite frankly he'll be punished enough by life after the riot. Do you think he'll be sponsored for long? What do you think Tom will say? Prospective employers (after no sponsor money)? Race participation? He is fucked. He made his bed.

But to suggest that you would punch him in the face at the lineup at WBP - that's about at the same level as his participation in the riot. No?

Where in that did I say I was going to punch him in the head?

I meant for him to leave his helmet on to save himself from even more embarrassment in the lift lines as everyone on here now knows who this douche is. He would have blended in now he's really going to stand out.

June 19, 2011, 10:09 p.m.

Alex Pro no longer on the Target website or Oakley Canada

June 19, 2011, 10:34 p.m.

France goes to work in 2.5 hours. Let's see what Commencal does.

June 19, 2011, 10:37 p.m.

He ruined a car,but you guys ruined a career.

Sleep well on that.

Pastor of Muppets

June 19, 2011, 10:38 p.m.

Sleep well on that.

no, HE ruined his career.

life is about choices.

June 19, 2011, 10:39 p.m.

Sleep well on that.

Do you think it was the multiple threads on NSMB that ruined his career? Or the five to ten people who e-mailed his sponsors that ruined his career?

June 19, 2011, 10:52 p.m.

Sleep well on that.

A promising career in being a brand ambassador is ruined when a guy finds out that multi-national brands don't want to be associated with rioters. Who knew? :rolleyes:

Honestly, your bias for this is wearing thin. Any other kid/profession (such as - a water polo player) and you'd be calling for personal responsibility for his actions. Here, it's our fault that he flipped the truck and pissed off Vancouverites.

Give me a break.

June 19, 2011, 10:53 p.m.

It was way more than five to ten, there are pages and pages of people in his guestbook that have sent sponsor emails.

And to stir the pot a little, how much of a career did the guy have going? His commencal highlights list was really weak.

www.vitalmtb.com

June 19, 2011, 10:56 p.m.

Would you all have pushed this far if it weren't for the internet?

Didn't think so.

Like Hypa,Im out of this one.

Good job interweb police/judge/jury….now go bury the polo kid and the douche chick who burned the other cop car.

Pastor of Muppets

June 19, 2011, 10:56 p.m.

no, HE ruined his career.

life is about choices.

This …

is what it's all about.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 19, 2011, 10:57 p.m.

Sleep well on that.

How about the work truck of the guy he helped flip over?

I'm sure that helped his carreer…

How long will he be out of work until he gets a settlement from ICBC for his truck? Will he loose any clients as he can't respond? Will they cover the costs of tools and supplies stolen or destroyed?

Sure, he wasn't the only guy involved but being involved in illegal events means you take some of the responsibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

How ironic is that AP's now locked web site lists "truck" as one of his interests.

http://www.alexjpro.com/index.php?option=com_user[HTML_REMOVED]view=login[HTML_REMOVED]return=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hbGV4anByby5jb20v