Provincial Election 2020

Oct. 13, 2020, 9:03 a.m.

I thot Nathan Cullen would be a shoe-in after being a federaly elected MP for 15 yr NDP  ( 4 terms ?)

BUT the libs have recruited Gordon Sebastien a lawyer & Gitxsan heredetary chief with experiance in Delgamuukw

should be interesting

Oct. 13, 2020, 6:08 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: Stuminator

No PST? What are they planning on replacing that lost revenue with?

When you combine that with them selling(*) off ICBC, the company they stole a billion dollars from to cover their fiscally non-conservative policies, we will be completely fucked and all of our services will be gutted.

You're a fucking moron if you think it's a good idea to vote for the BC Liberal party.

(* https://globalnews.ca/video/6099015/todd-stone-promises-icbc-building-to-ara-in-2015)

He's awful generous with our money, isn't he?

Oct. 14, 2020, 12:59 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

TBH at this point I’m less worried about ICBC than compared to Hydro. With the level of debt Hydro has that will be coming home to roost our rates are going to go way up or it’s going to get sold off to a private entity which means our rates are going to go up. The amount of damage the Liberals did to this province is insane.  

Ironically one of the best things the Liberals did was also a lie, brining in the HST. Unfortunately the majority of the electorate was too stupid and too emotional to be able to see the benefit and it got turfed. 

I honestly don’t know how Wilkinson can show his face in public.

The HST was such a cock-up.  They didn't hold a referendum when nobody wanted them to sell of BC Rail. Assholes.

Oct. 14, 2020, 1:59 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

TBH at this point I’m less worried about ICBC than compared to Hydro. With the level of debt Hydro has that will be coming home to roost our rates are going to go way up or it’s going to get sold off to a private entity which means our rates are going to go up. The amount of damage the Liberals did to this province is insane.  

Ironically one of the best things the Liberals did was also a lie, brining in the HST. Unfortunately the majority of the electorate was too stupid and too emotional to be able to see the benefit and it got turfed. 

The HST was such a cock-up.  They didn't hold a referendum when nobody wanted them to *give away* BC Rail. Assholes.

FYP.

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2010/05/24/LibsBCRailSale/

The BC Liberal party wants to sell off all of our crown corporations to their donors for pennies on the dollar.

Oct. 14, 2020, 2:31 p.m.

I am not sure it was a "give away" either since we know some of those pricks got paid to do it.  I would kill for the passenger train service again.  It used to stop at my cabin and you could catch it in N Van, Squamish, or Whistler.

Oct. 14, 2020, 4:04 p.m.

I am not sure it was a "give away" either since we know some of those pricks got paid to do it.  I would kill for the passenger train service again.  It used to stop at my cabin and you could catch it in N Van, Squamish, or Whistler.

Give away in the context of us shmuck taxpayers. 

I wonder what Christy did to get on the board at Shaw.

Oct. 14, 2020, 6:06 p.m.

Couldn’t believe Horgo and his comment with “I don’t see colour” on that racism question on the debate. 

One other good thing to I forgot Gordo did was to get the Carbon Tax rolling, but I wonder if it was for the right reasons or a convenient tax grab.

Oct. 14, 2020, 7:52 p.m.

Yes yes and yes!, loved rolling up to Whistler on the train.

Oct. 18, 2020, 1:14 p.m.

The HST was such a cock-up.  They didn't hold a referendum when nobody wanted them to sell of BC Rail. Assholes.

The referundum was bunk - No to keep it, yes to remove it and held before people saw their first HST rebate cheque's.

Oct. 18, 2020, 1:15 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

The HST was such a cock-up.  They didn't hold a referendum when nobody wanted them to *give away* BC Rail. Assholes.

FYP.

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2010/05/24/LibsBCRailSale/

The BC Liberal party wants to sell off all of our crown corporations to their donors for pennies on the dollar.

Globalism doesnt stop for provincial elections.

Oct. 21, 2020, 10:32 a.m.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/dan-fumano-ndp-campaign-promise-to-address-soaring-condo-insurance-rates

This is not nearly as big of an issue as it should be IMO. Not sure bringing condo insurance into the public domain is the right solution, but something needs to change.

Oct. 22, 2020, 11:21 p.m.

I see BCLiberal signs on the big houses on Marine Drive near UBC, and I know if that's who they're voting for, I should vote differently.  Plus Eby is in my riding so I voted his way.

Oct. 24, 2020, 10 p.m.

Jumpin'! Way 2 go C 2 Sky!

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 24, 2020, 10:18 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 24, 2020, 10 p.m.

Looks like Horgan is gonna get a majority. Some long time liberals are getting ousted.

Oct. 24, 2020, 10:57 p.m.

The NDP candidate might actually win in my riding (North Van Seymour), instead of the Liberal candidate, and the NDP might also win three or four ridings in Richmond.

These are crazy times.