Provincial Election 2020

Sept. 21, 2020, 11:53 a.m.

Did anyone want this? Do you think it will backfire on Horgan? Hopefully the morons don't bring in the liberals again.

Hopefully its a good test run of remote voting strategies... since I'll be at sea for all of October I  hope they figure it out soon.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 21, 2020, 12:30 p.m.

Likely backfire. A bunch of NDP cabinet aren’t seeking re-election. Nathan Cullen is running for Skeena MLA so expect to hear from Smokey McBongwater aka Xxxer soon.

Sept. 21, 2020, 1:01 p.m.

Think of it from Horgan's point of view. His party is pretty popular right now. Andrew Weaver is outta the picture and most folks don't even know who Andrew Wilkinson is. Time to strike while the iron is hot for Horgan. I don't think the greens are happy about this. If Horgan gets a majority, then he won't need to appease them.

Sept. 21, 2020, 8:10 p.m.

If one is concerned about standing in line or is time deprived (like an e-Mtn-biker) there’s https://eregister.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca/ovr/welcome.aspx#

Sept. 21, 2020, 8:28 p.m.

More like I'm leaving for work in aittle over a week and won't be back in time to vote.. plus I don't wanna stand in line fuck that

Sept. 21, 2020, 9:06 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Did anyone want this? Do you think it will backfire on Horgan? Hopefully the morons don't bring in the liberals again.

Hopefully its a good test run of remote voting strategies... since I'll be at sea for all of October I  hope they figure it out soon.

No, fuck Horgan and Geoff Meggs.

That said, I'll vote for the Liberals again when DeJong, Coleman and Clark are held to account for their actions.  Fuck them even moreso.

Sept. 21, 2020, 9:42 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

That said, I'll vote for the Liberals again when DeJong, Coleman and Clark are held to account for their actions.  Fuck them even moreso.

Looks like Red will be voting Green.

Sept. 22, 2020, 12:04 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: ReductiMat

Looks like Red will be voting Green.

I was certain I’d be giving the NDP my first provincial vote ever... then this bullshit.

Wish David Eby ran the fucking show.

Sept. 22, 2020, 8:15 a.m.

Wish David Eby ran the fucking show.

Second that.

I'm pretty pissed they called an election as we head into flu season during a pandemic. That being said, I can understand the rationale for wanting a strong mandate to lead through this and frankly, I cant imagine the liberals prioritizing my health over their wallets. Ndp has been doing an OK job and I think I'd rather have them running things than the liberals during this time.

As much as the timing of the election bugs me, I think I will support the ndp at this time.

Sept. 22, 2020, 8:48 a.m.

Yeah, me too.  But it pisses me off to no end.

Sept. 22, 2020, 9:57 a.m.

Fuck if we end up with the ultimate Yeti Bikes owner Docter/Lawyer Andrew Wilkinson in charge we’ll be headed for USA numbers.

“Covid is just a fun phase people go through when younger.” 

“The economy...” “We need to get these minimum wage workers back on the job.” 🙄

Sept. 22, 2020, 12:32 p.m.

I am with you guys.  Got my mail-in ballot coming because fuck lines.  Also, fuck the Liberals until they clean house and go back to looking like a Liberal party so I will vote NDP while holding my nose.

Sept. 22, 2020, 9:17 p.m.

If you think the provincial liberals care about your health, you're kidding yourself. All they care about is seeing to it that their big business cronies make record profits. Them criticizing Horgan for not caring about our health is laughable.

Sept. 23, 2020, 1:12 a.m.

Could the Greens end up increasing their number? Could an emphasis on mail-in voting bring out more first-time voters who might vote green - ie "These are serious times but the environment is an even bigger threat than covid". Plus another year of smoke from wildfire in the populated areas. Or are they just too much of a shit show?

Sept. 23, 2020, 4:24 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I am with you guys.  Got my mail-in ballot coming because fuck lines.  Also, fuck the Liberals until they clean house and go back to looking like a Liberal party so I will vote NDP while holding my nose.

What do you mean, go back to being a liberal party? They have never been a liberal party, ever.