Project NBR: Does the Red Bull Stratosphere Jump prove ... something?

July 30, 2019, 5:37 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

“I’m just fine in left field here” = “I’m happy to remain ignorant.”

Time to stop feeding the troll folks. He’s not interested in understanding, just arguing.

Or seeing who can provide something other than the usual drivel.

And that was more to do with Bazzers attitude - I'd rather remain ignorant yet open minded and good than an agreeable condescending douche.

July 30, 2019, 6:26 p.m.

Enjoy your ignorance then I suppose. 🤷‍♀️

July 30, 2019, 6:40 p.m.

I suppose I could ask you or anyone else this - why is there perfect concentric circles on night time lapse pictures?

July 30, 2019, 6:47 p.m.

And since Forbes is an accepted source in this thread: this is their celestial mechanical idea:

Doesnt add up to me if everythings inside everything and spinning at different speeds. /full rehtard

July 30, 2019, 7:18 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Time to stop feeding the troll folks. He’s not interested in understanding, just arguing.

And that was more to do with Bazzers attitude - I'd rather remain ignorant yet open minded and good than an agreeable condescending douche.

Smells like insecurity in here.

I answered your question. You attempted to divert the conversation with a non sequitur and then proceeded to put on a stunning display of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Last edited by: jbazett on July 30, 2019, 7:23 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 30, 2019, 8:16 p.m.

Posted by: jbazett

Smells like insecurity in here.

I answered your question. You attempted to divert the conversation with a non sequitur and then proceeded to put on a stunning display of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

No just super sensitive. I'm on the cusp of being a millenial after all.

Thought you were lurking?

July 30, 2019, 8:50 p.m.

So is this a fake?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 30, 2019, 11:57 p.m.

I suppose I could ask you or anyone else this - why is there perfect concentric circles on night time lapse pictures?

Because it's a time-lapse photo with the lens pointed at the pollar north.  Each star trace is only partial,  as is evident in the photo.  That concentric, circular look can't be achieved unless you aim the camera at either the southern or northern pole.

July 31, 2019, 7:34 a.m.

Sounds like more drivel to me man.

July 31, 2019, 12:33 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Because it's a time-lapse photo with the lens pointed at the pollar north.  Each star trace is only partial,  as is evident in the photo.  That concentric, circular look can't be achieved unless you aim the camera at either the southern or northern pole.

I do understand the north star and yes, its as partial trail due to only a 6 hour time lapse. I just expect to see some lateral movement or some deviation other than a perfect circle because our orbit shouldnt make perfect circle's.

July 31, 2019, 12:34 p.m.

Just two hundred years of the same old stuff man.

Also, you can always tell youre close to the target when you start taking flak or attack bots come out of lurk mode retirement.

July 31, 2019, 1:50 p.m.

Because it's a time-lapse photo with the lens pointed at the pollar north. Each star trace is only partial, as is evident in the photo. That concentric, circular look can't be achieved unless you aim the camera at either the southern or northern pole.

I do understand the north star and yes, its as partial trail due to only a 6 hour time lapse. I just expect to see some lateral movement or some deviation other than a perfect circle because our orbit shouldnt make perfect circle's.

See, you make statements like that without any reason. Why shouldn't it make it make perfect circles?

The earth orbit does precess, but over thousands of years, which is far too long for any tiny little camera to identify.

Last edited by: switch on July 31, 2019, 6:53 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 31, 2019, 3:34 p.m.

Just two hundred years of the same old stuff man.

Also, you can always tell youre close to the target when you start taking flak or attack bots come out of lurk mode retirement.

We’ll sure it could be that. 

Or it could be that you’re  being foolish enough that we can’t resist poking a little fun at ya.

Aug. 2, 2019, 2:55 a.m.

Because it's a time-lapse photo with the lens pointed at the pollar north. Each star trace is only partial, as is evident in the photo. That concentric, circular look can't be achieved unless you aim the camera at either the southern or northern pole.

See, you make statements like that without any reason. Why shouldn't it make it make perfect circles?

The earth orbit does precess, but over thousands of years, which is far too long for any tiny little camera to identify.

So that tower is in the same position regarding that procession or orbit all day, 24/7, 365 days a year? I dont see us spinning as a top.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Aug. 2, 2019, 2:57 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 2, 2019, 12:02 p.m.

Well yeah that tower, just like the camera are attached to the ground which is the earth which has gravity which is spinning which makes the fucking circles in a long exposure when the camera is pointed at the staionairy tower on a spinning planet. WTF is there not to understand