Probably a long shot....

Oct. 18, 2009, 11:01 p.m.

it's pretty slow in the Refrigeration world right now, there is not a lot of work going on. Are you looking to get into service or install? The company I work for sends you into the install department for about 5-10 years and then if you prove yourself as a competent mechanic with strong trouble shooting and solving skills then you get promoted to the service side.

The hardest part was to get on with a good company, it took me about 3 months of call backs until I landed my job. Head down to UA516 and check the job board also run over to RSL and see if there are any posting on the board too.

Good luck, I made the jump almost 2 years ago and haven't regretted since.

Oct. 19, 2009, 2:05 p.m.

ok thanks for the info ruff as for right now I'm not picky on whether it's service or install I just really want to get my foot in the door and get started. How is the acutal work? I've heard some good and some bad

minus signature

Oct. 19, 2009, 8:24 p.m.

ok thanks for the info ruff as for right now I'm not picky on whether it's service or install I just really want to get my foot in the door and get started. How is the acutal work? I've heard some good and some bad

I've dabbled on both sides. On the install side I have help installed (under a journeyman) two grocery stores, a huge drive-in freezer and cooler in a warehouse and several Safeway reno's. New construction is fun, it's like adult lego. The Reno's can be dirty and nasty, but it comes with the job. The hours can be long but there is so much to learn in the refrigeration world. But with the install side you get the knowledge of what and why things are done a certain way when installed plus you get to know all the different parts and workings in the refrigeration system.

The service side is a totally different animal. You think you have a good grasp on the workings of a refrigeration system but then you realize you don't know what the f*$k you're doing when you get to a call on a medium temp box that's warm and the condensing unit has stop working. It can be stressful at times, there is a HUGE learning curve in the refrigeration world. Working with good people that take the time to teach and help you out is a big asset. The refrigeration world is like the black arts of the HVAC industry, it's not really tought in school and all the information and knowledge is passed down from the journeyman.

It's a very rewarding trade, I like going to work in the mornings. 14 hour days don't seem that long because I'm constantly working and learning cool stuff.

Oct. 19, 2009, 11:15 p.m.

learning cool stuff.

I see what you did thereā€¦

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Oct. 20, 2009, 4:41 p.m.

Nice thanks ruff! it's nice to hear some positive information

Chad

minus signature