Pride parade

July 31, 2011, 7:52 p.m.

wtf…

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

July 31, 2011, 8:08 p.m.

No pics of the Global News crew? Anne Drewa was wearing short shorts and was dancing all sexy like, I saw footage on the news today. Girls got game, I had no idea, and Steve Darling has beautiful breasts.

July 31, 2011, 8:10 p.m.

Good to see Corporate Vancouver supporting the Pride movement. And by supporting I mean exploiting.

July 31, 2011, 8:30 p.m.

Good to see Corporate Vancouver supporting the Pride movement. And by supporting I mean exploiting.

most of the corporate floats were pretty lame, but I loved this vancity smart.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."

July 31, 2011, 8:47 p.m.

my views on the pride parade have changed a little..

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

July 31, 2011, 9:19 p.m.

Im a huge LGBT supporter but have never been to the pride parade. Seen a lot of photos from this years events and I have to wonder, what does nudity have to do with gay pride?

Im no prude, but find it rather vulgar that there are dudes in underwear and nude ladies running about in an event labelled as family friendly. This sort of activity isnt allowed in other parades that I know of in Vancouver and frankly it isnt all that classy.

A pride parade can be done and not be hyper sexualized right?

July 31, 2011, 9:25 p.m.

Im a huge LGBT supporter but have never been to the pride parade. Seen a lot of photos from this years events and I have to wonder, what does nudity have to do with gay pride?

Im no prude, but find it rather vulgar that there are dudes in underwear and nude ladies running about in an event labelled as family friendly. This sort of activity isnt allowed in other parades that I know of in Vancouver and frankly it isnt all that classy.

A pride parade can be done and not be hyper sexualized right?

Spoken like a true North American who's afraid of nudity…

July 31, 2011, 9:30 p.m.

BOOBIES!!!!

Loud Hubs Save Lives

July 31, 2011, 9:35 p.m.

BOOBIES!!!!

:)

July 31, 2011, 9:35 p.m.

booby

July 31, 2011, 9:36 p.m.

It'd be so much better if there were tanks and missiles, and people with battle axes and
swords with blood all over it. Violence is way more family friendly eh?

Funny, for me growing up, there was no issues with nudity, many of my parents friends were
strippers, we used to go to the hot springs and everyone was nude. As a kid I saw nothing
sexual about it, but I could see if my parents were shocked by that kind of behavior I would
have grown up with some issues with the human form. Parents never did let me see violent
films though, so maybe I get a pro nudity and sex/anti violence bias from them.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 31, 2011, 9:45 p.m.

my views on the pride parade have changed a little..

they were right infront of me at one point, soooo hot
and my buddy says to me "man i tits"
so she grabs her and gives em a rub
…our day was made to say the least!

yo

July 31, 2011, 10:10 p.m.

booby

Booby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Ucz3aluoA

July 31, 2011, 10:38 p.m.

Im not afraid of nudity, I got to wreck beach with my buddies sometimes and am raised in a european household which takes trips to europe a lot where people are topless on beaches often and I like that.

But what does nudity have to do with gay pride?

It is not the norm to walk down the street half naked, why should a parade make it okay to do so?

July 31, 2011, 10:45 p.m.

Im not afraid of nudity, I got to wreck beach with my buddies sometimes and am raised in a european household which takes trips to europe a lot where people are topless on beaches often and I like that.

But what does nudity have to do with gay pride?

It is not the norm to walk down the street half naked, why should a parade make it okay to do so?

So it's okay to drive a Vancity car dressed up with big sunglasses and kissy lips in a gay pride parade? the corporate take over of events like this is where your outrage should go.

Since when was going topless sexualising anything, and I would say that given that it's gay pride parade, a little sex, innuendo and play about nudity and their sexual orientation seems more than okay, it actually seems appropriate (unless you think that gay people having sex is kind of icky, in which case, I think you may have come to the wrong thread).