Practical BC vehicle recommendation

Aug. 26, 2016, 2:46 p.m.

[QUOTE=DirtySanchez;2925415

Did you know that Subarus have the highest lesbian driving populous out of any other automotive manufacturer?? True story. Not that this is a bad thing, I just found the statistic kinda interesting.

Didn't know it until I heard that^^ from a gay friend, another true thing I didn't realized is he tells me butch lesbians and gay guys don't actually get along

When the Teachers went out on strike in PG the local Suby dealer brought Tim Hortons Coffee [HTML_REMOVED] donuts to the picket line so was the Subaru dealer trying to grow market share to the teacher focus group or does this mean most teachers are Lesbians ?

Aug. 26, 2016, 3:06 p.m.

what about a toyota sienna AWD?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 26, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

what about a toyota sienna AWD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQr26X6ou6o

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Aug. 26, 2016, 3:21 p.m.

Didn't know it until I heard that^^ from a gay friend, another true thing I didn't realized is he tells me butch lesbians and gay guys don't actually get along

When the Teachers went out on strike in PG the local Suby dealer brought Tim Hortons Coffee [HTML_REMOVED] donuts to the picket line so was the Subaru dealer trying to grow market share to the teacher focus group or does this mean most teachers are Lesbians ?

We have two Subaru's so that makes myself and the wife lesbians? Now I have a legit argument about the additional chick threesome scenario. Thanks Subaru!

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 26, 2016, 3:47 p.m.

I iMajin you wouldn't consider leasing an Acura?

Retro-humor ftmfw!

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 26, 2016, 6:33 p.m.

Jeesh. I drive an 11 year old Dodge mini-van. My regular winter destination is Mt Cain - the bottom of the fire road will be mud, the top will be ice. Winter tires and chains and it is good to go (haven't gotten stuck yet).

Thule box and bike rack and I can easily haul 4-6 adults with gear.

Best part - cost me very little…

But how can you live all of life's adventures like the people on TV in a minivan?

I am currently doing the same thing with an old Pontiac Montana. Factory traction control + studded Nokian Hak's and tire chains just in case. All the space in the world and I can beat the ever loving crap out of it.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

Aug. 27, 2016, 7:54 a.m.

When the province-wide teachers strike occurred the steelworkers also brought coffee and food to teachers in Prince George (and elsewhere I'm assuming ), does this mean most steelworkers are lesbians too?

Aug. 27, 2016, 8:01 a.m.

I'll admit, my first thought when reading this post was "wouldn't a pre-owned Subaru Forester make a lot more sense than a GLK (similiar size, but I assumed a Forester would be a lot more affordable/economical)". To my surprise, used Foresters and used GLKs

How does that make sense? Like the GLK brand new probably costs 2X the Forester and then a few years later they are both worth close to the same amount? I don't get it…

Subaru has one of the highest, if not the highest, resale rankings in the entire auto industry, that explains it.

Aug. 27, 2016, 9:08 a.m.

Toyota Highlander is a solid choice. Its nice to drive, has good fuel economy, and has lots of cargo space. Plus you can sleep in it if need be.

Aug. 27, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

It's just a matter of time before everybody comes out of the closet

A guy was telling me his sienna has run flat tires so there is NO spare and replacements are expensive

Aug. 27, 2016, 9:55 a.m.

It's just a matter of time before everybody comes out of the closet

A guy was telling me his sienna has run flat tires so there is NO spare and replacements are expensive

Same with most luxury cars these days. Sad reality of things unfortunately.

Aug. 29, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

Anyone have experience driving a CX-5 with the 2.5L engine loaded with 4 bikes + people + gear? Curious if it can handle the weight and still drive respectably on the Sea to Sky. Rumours of the 2017 getting the turbo would help matters.

Aug. 29, 2016, 12:31 p.m.

When the province-wide teachers strike occurred the steelworkers also brought coffee and food to teachers in Prince George (and elsewhere I'm assuming ), does this mean most steelworkers are lesbians too?

A girl sees a steel worker at a coffee shop and asks if he is a real steel worker.
He says "my dad was a steel worker my grandpa was a steel worker my brothers are steel workers. I wake up and work on steel and think about steel all day so yes I am a real steel worker".
She says " I wake up and think about women all day so that makes me a real lesbian." And walks off.

5 min later someone else come up to him and asks him if he is a real steel worker. He thinks about it for one minute and says " I used to think so, but I just found out I'm a lesbian"

I'm the best at being modest !

Aug. 30, 2016, 8:50 a.m.

Subaru has one of the highest, if not the highest, resale rankings in the entire auto industry, that explains it.

Yeah I noticed this… a good thing and a bad thing (for someone who was trying to find a deal on a used one). Perhaps I will just suck it up and buy a new one. Is Subaru known for having reliable vehicles that you can drive to 400,000km (like a Toyota)? I've never thought of Subaru like that… what justifies the high resale value? Just simple supply and demand…?

unrelated question - "compact crossovers" (CRV, Rav4, CX5, Forester, etc.) seem to be one of the hottest segments in the auto industry these days - what is the target market for a compact crossover? They seem like an ideal size for either:

- a couple that needs a lot of gear (cargo) space
- a family that doesn't need a lot of gear space

But they seem a little on the small side for a family that actually needs to haul around gear (hockey gear, mtb, camping, skiing, etc.). I guess they are definitely a step up for a family that would otherwise own a sedan.

I like a lot of the compact crossovers, I just wish they were like 10-15% bigger.

Aug. 30, 2016, 9:23 a.m.

Yeah I noticed this… a good thing and a bad thing (for someone who was trying to find a deal on a used one). Perhaps I will just suck it up and buy a new one. Is Subaru known for having reliable vehicles that you can drive to 400,000km (like a Toyota)? I've never thought of Subaru like that… what justifies the high resale value? Just simple supply and demand…?

unrelated question - "compact crossovers" (CRV, Rav4, CX5, Forester, etc.) seem to be one of the hottest segments in the auto industry these days - what is the target market for a compact crossover? They seem like an ideal size for either:

- a couple that needs a lot of gear (cargo) space
- a family that doesn't need a lot of gear space

But they seem a little on the small side for a family that actually needs to haul around gear (hockey gear, mtb, camping, skiing, etc.). I guess they are definitely a step up for a family that would otherwise own a sedan.

I like a lot of the compact crossovers, I just wish they were like 10-15% bigger.

You might want to look at the next category up, the mid-size crossover/SUV. Such as the Rogue (2014+), Ford Edge, Murano, Acadia, Santa Fe, etc.

I always had a soft spot for the Ford Flex, my wife thinks that they are ugly, I find that they make for a very nice hatchback with an enormous amount of interior space.