pot smokers in trouble in BC?

June 14, 2008, 2:07 a.m.

So my mom in-law sent this to my wife. We don't smoke, and she doesn't smoke.
So I figured it must be a big deal over there, but I haven't seen it on this board
yet.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/capital_van_isl/story.html?id=6870c076-13ee-4c54-894a-7d2696e26910

Soggy weather threatens B.C. pot crop, activist says
Without more sunlight, plants will rot
John Colebourn, Canwest News Service
Published: Thursday, June 12, 2008

There's little hope for this dope.

British Columbia's famed outdoor pot crops - and particularly those on Vancouver Island - will rot if the sun remains a no-show, says marijuana activist and seed-seller Marc Emery.

That dire warning came yesterday from Emery, the so-called "Prince of Pot," on yet another cold, drizzly day.
Record cold and wet conditions this spring could result in a huge drop in marijuana production across B.C.View Larger Image View Larger Image
Record cold and wet conditions this spring could result in a huge drop in marijuana production across B.C.
Bruce Stotesbury, Times Colonist

"A couple more days of cold and rain and you can get root rot, or powdery mildew or the plants washing away," said Emery of the vast outdoor pot crops now in peril all over B.C.

He estimates the outdoor crop in B.C. is worth about $1 billion.

Big outdoor crops are harvested in the Kootenay area and the Okanagan. But the biggest bounty is said to be on Vancouver Island.

"If you grow outdoors, you need the sun to dry off the moisture in the ground and dry off the surface of the plants," he said.

He said with the heavy rain, the plants that have been put in the ground in the last few weeks may not survive.

"People are starting to lose their crops," he said of the weather-related problems growers are facing with their clandestine crops.

Even an end to the heavy rain is little help to the plants now in the ground, said Emery. "Overcast is terrible," he said. "You need sunny, hot and clear conditions and we've had just the opposite."

Emery said the record cold and wet conditions "came at the very worst time, when the plants are so small."

Typically, outdoor growers need to have the buds picked by early October before the return of steady rain.

Emery notes that about 15 per cent of the total amount of pot grown in B.C. is outdoor.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 14, 2008, 2:33 a.m.

Havent noticed a problem yet

June 14, 2008, 2:41 a.m.

Emery notes that about 15 per cent of the total amount of pot grown in B.C. is outdoor.

We'll survive.

www.natooke.com

June 14, 2008, 3:11 a.m.

Pussy

June 14, 2008, 3:21 a.m.

What a classy article Times Colonist, fuck. some of the shit they print in that newspaper deserves to be in the enquirer.

June 14, 2008, 8:03 a.m.

They sure love their pot on the island, don't they.
In a situation like this, I'd like to thank organized crime and their indoor growing techniques.

botany, ftw.

June 14, 2008, 8:55 a.m.

meh, pot smoking in b.c will never be in real trouble unless we get like a bomb droped on us or something

June 14, 2008, 11:37 a.m.

The outdoor crop is minor player in the BC market. Most of my pot buddies (100+ in Nam) won't touch outdoor…they hate it. In Ontario outdoor is a major market supplier. In the fall it's all you can get. One of the reasons Ontario sux.
Most indoor shows are just ordinary people trying to make an extra buck…organized crime plays a minor role at best. Even my HA buddy has to buy his dope off a ma/pop op.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

June 14, 2008, 12:20 p.m.

organized crime plays a minor role at best….

someones smoking way too much for their own good. you sir are completely out to lunch :dizzy:

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

June 14, 2008, 12:35 p.m.

someones smoking way too much for their own good. you sir are completely out to lunch :dizzy:

How many growers do you know? How many plants have you trimmed? How many pounds have you seen? Don't believe everything the media says about herb. Myth number one…BC has the strongest pot in the world. California has always grown better dope than us. Vietnam has the strongest weed in the world. Strains that can't be grown indoors…well they could but it would take way longer and the yield would be way less.

June 14, 2008, 12:47 p.m.

i think he's right. Organized crime is more into meth/crack/heroin

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

June 14, 2008, 12:50 p.m.

i think he's right. Organized crime is more into meth/crack/heroin

Don't forget coke, illegal guns, extortion oh and prostitution. There are definitely organized crime groups growing weed, but it's not as big as people think. The weed they grow sux ass too. They call it beasters (for bc) in the us. It's better than the mexican shwag but still shit and it don't fetch top dollar.

June 14, 2008, 2:09 p.m.

Most indoor shows are just ordinary people trying to make an extra buck…organized crime plays a minor role at best. Even my HA buddy has to buy his dope off a ma/pop op.

I don't know of any indoor growers here in Hawaii. I've known a lot of growers here
in Hawaii and they are all just getting by or a little better than good, but no one
is "making it big".

There's just not enough $$ in weed for the "organized" guys to get involved. Due
to the bulk of weed, you have transportation issues, you need room to grow (the
bigger the growing op the better chance of getting caught is), there's just too small
of a profit margin in pot.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 14, 2008, 2:23 p.m.

Vietnam has the strongest weed in the world. .

nope

June 14, 2008, 2:53 p.m.

the weeds in my backyard are the strongest in the world. gas powered honda and spraying all sorts of rot killer and they still wouldnt die. srsly

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.