Polygamy

Nov. 22, 2010, 8:28 a.m.

Does Canada's law against polygamy violate the religious protections in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms?

I read the news that prosecution failed with the Bountiful community issue and now the B.C. Supreme Court has to rule on the question above.

Do you think polygamy should be "legalized"?

Discuss.

Nov. 22, 2010, 8:37 a.m.

I don't really care. If all involved are of-age and consenting.

It falls under the category of: "Not something I would do but doesn't affect me if others want to."

www.natooke.com

Nov. 22, 2010, 9:01 a.m.

but are they of age and consenting ?

and consider to round up all the females in the herd you gotta drive off the young males … somebody is getting screwed besides the women

Nov. 22, 2010, 9:09 a.m.

I think Polygamy should be legalized. I don't see that it is really a religious issue either because anyone can choose a freakier lifestyle.

Making polygamy illegal is just a side door for catching the perverts in places like Bountiful because they commit crimes they can never catch them on, like incest and rape. It's like making Catholicism illegal because of the buggering priests. It might work some times but it is not a good law.

Nov. 22, 2010, 9:23 a.m.

My nick names Utah, cuz I got multiple bitches.

Nov. 22, 2010, 9:25 a.m.

but are they of age and consenting ?

and consider to round up all the females in the herd you gotta drive off the young males … somebody is getting screwed besides the women

Well if they aren't of age and consenting then it's a crime. The bountiful falls under that category.

The societies that allowed it in the past often heaped lots of responsibility on the husband anyways. If he wanted three wives he had to buy three houses, provide for three families etc… what sane man wants that?

1 wife plus mistresses seems like the more logical choice.

www.natooke.com

Nov. 22, 2010, 9:35 a.m.

If all parties are consenting and the family can pay for their kids and not collect welfare then sure.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 22, 2010, 9:36 a.m.

I don't really care. If all involved are of-age and consenting.

It falls under the category of: "Not something I would do but doesn't affect me if others want to."

The wife had a simple idea. Only allow one to do this if they are above 20 years old.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 22, 2010, 9:49 a.m.

Just check out some of the documentaries on Bountiful and it shows there's nothing in it for the females at all. Just a bunch of brainwashing and repression since the girls are born. The women, sorry, I meant the girls, aren't even given a choice.

Chief Running Tab

"My bike is just like yours except mine has monkeys on it!"

Nov. 22, 2010, 10:03 a.m.

As long they legalize Polyandry as well and besides the age of consent, not an issue for me.

Nov. 22, 2010, 10:44 a.m.

Does that mean I can have a house husband? Ive always wanted one. It would be so nice to come home to a clean house and dinner after work.

Seriously though, imagine the divorce cases. Husband #2 (house husband) leaves and takes half of everything, even the pension. Husband #1 has to help with alimony. That's just friggin' crazy.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Nov. 22, 2010, 10:48 a.m.

just me the sign prenups!

Nov. 22, 2010, 10:57 a.m.

just me the sign prenups!

I'm sorry, its awfully loud in here, can you say that again?

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Nov. 22, 2010, 11:07 a.m.

Seriously though, imagine the divorce cases. Husband #2 (house husband) leaves and takes half of everything, even the pension. Husband #1 has to help with alimony. That's just friggin' crazy.

TWO HUSBANDS! The whining would be intolerable!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 22, 2010, 11:21 a.m.

I can barely maintain one relationship … can't imagine 2

In polygamy I think the men in power are using religion to get the women ,there is nothing in it for the women and they need to run off the young men in the sect to keep all the females for themselves and there HAS to be a lot of influence in/from the church to make this all work