Poll - USA is going down the toilet?

Sept. 1, 2010, 11:23 a.m.

Or just my typing skills.I did not know i was being graded.

I find it disturbing that you didn't put a space after the period before typing "I." That shit ain't right!

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 1, 2010, 11:25 a.m.

The head of a nail has been hit ^^^. I voted for Obama on the premis that stimulus money would be used to build a railroad system. I have spent alot of time in Europe and have a first hand account of the system. It would have put people to work, cut reliance on oil, an most likely would have been better for the enviornment due to having less cars on the road. I was very dissapointed to see this not happen. Obama dropped the ball on that, but he was the first to pass some type of health reform, which i believe will help in the long run.

I am surprided at the Canadien views of Obama. Obama seems willing to use the Armed Forces less than his predecessors and more willing to use dialog. He also does not seem to bend to Isreal like presidents before, Although I feel Isreal is a good ally.

Just an Americans point of view.

Did you expect the railroad system to be built over night? The stimulus was passed a year ago, the projects have been started, but the engineering alone could take years.

This is precisely why Obama's approval rating are so low, everyone expects that these programs are going to be instantaneous. 43% or Americans polled disapprove of the new Healthcare laws, yet not one part of the program has been activated yet, in fact, the whole program won't be active until 2014.

People have some pretty unrealistic expectations, why is that? Ignorance.

Sept. 1, 2010, 12:28 p.m.

People have some pretty unrealistic expectations, why is that? Ignorance.

This also comes from a society that relies heavily on instant gratification. If they don't get what they want when they want it they lose all hope in it and move onto the next big thing.

Sept. 1, 2010, 12:38 p.m.

People turn out to listen to this guy? Pretty scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-BvVDV10

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 1, 2010, 12:58 p.m.

Tea Party Points…They are not all right wing tripe, some are legit.

Look at the pathetic job he has done with the US/Mexican Border.

Hmm, coincidences are pretty awesome. Just saw this article pop up on the Washington Post site.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/01/AR2010090102961.html

You (and the Tea Party) need to really check out your sources, you're just falling victim to the Right-wing propaganda machine. Do a little research. People tend to take you more seriously when you have facts on your side, not just conjecture.

Let me guess, you also think that terrorists are building a Mosque at ground zero… right?

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:02 p.m.

This also comes from a society that relies heavily on instant gratification. If they don't get what they want when they want it they lose all hope in it and move onto the next big thing.

Totally, it's hilarious. The funny thing is, after the Dems lose control of Congress this November (maybe they'll keep control… barely), the Republicans will take credit for all of the changes and come 2012, there will be a Republican in the White House. Just in time to take credit for the full implementation of healthcare (more accurately health-insurance) reform.

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:11 p.m.

Or just my typing skills.I did not know i was being graded.

Welcome to NBR on NSMB.com :heart:

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:14 p.m.

A ss far as my typing skills go, I spend enough time on a computer each day. I visit the internet for a break where I am not worried about my typing errors.

As far as instant gratification goes, like i said the healthcare form will help in the future, but it must be given a chance. The railroad on the other hand has been a non-point for Obama. I can't find the article, but Obama has not seriously pursued it.

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:22 p.m.

As far as instant gratification goes, like i said the healthcare form will help in the future, but it must be given a chance. The railroad on the other hand has been a non-point for Obama. I can't find the article, but Obama has not seriously pursued it.

You can't find the article because it doesn't exist. The funding has been awarded to various state for various high-speed rail programs. It's not the Federal Governments jobs to micro-manage each project, it's the State and local government's.

For instance, here is a map of all of the High-speed rail projects currently being funded by stimulus money….

8 Billion (with a B) dollars funding awarded for High-speed rail is "not seriously persuing" it? (P.S. the only reason that there wasn't more funding awarded for HS rail, was because Republicans blocked most of it)

Research dude. Seriously. It's your country, not mine, I shouldn't have to be the one informing you.

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:26 p.m.

People turn out to listen to this guy? Pretty scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-BvVDV10

wow

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:27 p.m.

You can't find the article because it doesn't exist. The funding has been awarded to various state for various high-speed rail programs. It's not the Federal Governments jobs to micro-manage each project, it's the State and local government's.

For instance, here is a map of all of the High-speed rail projects currently being funded by stimulus money….

8 Billion (with a B) dollars funding awarded for High-speed rail is "not seriously persuing" it? (P.S. the only reason that there wasn't more funding awarded for HS rail, was because Republicans blocked most of it)

Research dude. Seriously. It's your country, not mine, I shouldn't have to be the one informing you.

Please save this thread and let me know when the high speed rail project is started. It's not going to happen. The New Hampshire to Boston prject has already been scrapped. You seem very worried about my country for a Canadian. Maybe you should start a " What is wrong with Canada" thread.

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:33 p.m.

Please save this thread and let me know when the high speed rail project is started. It's not going to happen. The New Hampshire to Boston prject has already been scrapped. You seem very worried about my country for a Canadian. Maybe you should start a " What is wrong with Canada" thread.

I'm not worried about your country, I'm informed about your country. There is a distinct difference.

Also, I didn't say that there was any thing wrong with your country, I said that people who piss and moan about certain aspects of recent legislation no being enacted faster, particularly stimulus projects that could potentially take decades to complete are ignorant. Thank you for proving my point.

Psst… Google is your friend

http://www.fogcityjournal.com/wordpress/2010/08/san-francisco-breaks-ground-on-first-us-high-speed-rail-station/

Sept. 1, 2010, 1:37 p.m.

R U SRS!?!

As much as we may bash you 'Mericans, those of us with half a brain realize the following harsh truths about the relationship bewteen Canada and the US:

- longest effetively un-guarded land border on the planet.
- the US is the largest buyer of our raw materials
- the US is our biggest trading partner bar none
- we sell more oil to the US than any other country on earth

So, you see, we are essentially joined at the hip. Thus, when things get all squirrely in the US, we get worried. You see, we realize that Canada isn't the only country on the planet and that the actions of others DO effect us.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Sept. 1, 2010, 2:35 p.m.

Posted via Mobile Device

Sept. 1, 2010, 2:41 p.m.

Posted via Mobile Device

Pretty much sums it up, nothing relevant to say obviously.