Police brutality.

Sept. 24, 2020, 11:03 p.m.

What a terrible world we are living in and heading towards  

https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/09/23/RCMP-US-Artificial-Intelligence-Firm-Spy-Users/

Bootlickers gunna lick sum boots. 

Maybe don’t badmouth online derp

Sept. 25, 2020, 6 p.m.

+ A Times Square billboard directly facing an NYPD station is calling out police: “Hey NYPD. It’s us. NYC residents. The ones who pay your salary. We paid $300 million to settle your lawsuits. You paid nothing. We need to talk.”

+ A Texas sheriff’s office rewarded deputies who used force on the job with steakhouse gift cards, according to two former employees, one of whom made the admission to Texas Rangers investigating the agency’s aggressive tactics.

Nov. 7, 2020, 4:13 p.m.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1324204345445920770

https://baltimorebrew.com/2020/11/04/quietly-before-the-boe-today-new-sniper-rifles-for-baltimore-police/

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 7, 2020, 4:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 2, 2021, 10 a.m.

Compilation cops behaving badly... https://projects.propublica.org/protest-police-videos/

Jan. 5, 2021, 12:10 p.m.

Vancouver police just shot and killed some buck naked guy obviously having some kind of mental problem. The news said that at some point he was swinging around a machete but the footage looks like at the time he was unarmed. Fucking trigger happy cops. In the footage there’s four cops around him, they couldn’t take him down with something a little less lethal?

Jan. 5, 2021, 2:51 p.m.

I recall some years ago some VIP went off his nut up Howe and Georgia way was armed w/something the police were real polite in waiting him out.

You're gonna' lose it pick your spot and how you dress.

Or maybe never take a sword to a gunfight.

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 5, 2021, 2:57 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 5, 2021, 4:10 p.m.

After watching global again it does appear he still had what looks like a sword. I’m still not sure if killing him was the only choice.but in fairness it is easy for cast judgment as I wasn’t there.

Aug. 4, 2021, 8:24 p.m.

https://twitter.com/LeeLeeBeeLeeLee/status/1422258995234893825

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 17, 2022, 4:28 p.m.

I just learned about Myles Gray today and I'm so fucking mad. 

The vpd is not to be trusted

Nov. 18, 2022, 7:21 a.m.

I work in a sketchy area of Vancouver and have seen only seen professionalism by the VPD.  Not kidding.  

Even being threatened with violence they remain calm and poised.  Quite impressive to watch.  I couldn't/wouldn't do it even for the large salary they make.

Nov. 18, 2022, 8:23 a.m.

Posted by: thefishtailbites

I work in a sketchy area of Vancouver and have seen only seen professionalism by the VPD.  Not kidding.  

Even being threatened with violence they remain calm and poised.  Quite impressive to watch.  I couldn't/wouldn't do it even for the large salary they make.

Kinda the same feeling/thinking on my end. However, the problem isn't that most officers are violent assholes, the problem is that the force seems unwilling or unable to effectively deal with the violent assholes they do have. When these officers get protected by the unions and the force and there is little transparency with incidents such as the murder of Myles Gray then public trust and confidence in the police force is destroyed. I don't have a lot of faith or trust in the force as a whole simply because they are not willing to deal with the violent assholes. It only takes one violent asshole hiding behind a badge to ruin your day or your life on a permanent basis.

Nov. 18, 2022, 12:30 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Kinda the same feeling/thinking on my end. However, the problem isn't that most officers are violent assholes, the problem is that the force seems unwilling or unable to effectively deal with the violent assholes they do have. When these officers get protected by the unions and the force and there is little transparency with incidents such as the murder of Myles Gray then public trust and confidence in the police force is destroyed. I don't have a lot of faith or trust in the force as a whole simply because they are not willing to deal with the violent assholes. It only takes one violent asshole hiding behind a badge to ruin your day or your life on a permanent basis.

This seems to be the case not only with the VPD, and the force south of your border - but literally everywhere. Right now I am again at a point in my life where my

Nov. 18, 2022, 4:17 p.m.

I work in a sketchy area of Vancouver and have seen only seen professionalism by the VPD. Not kidding.

Even being threatened with violence they remain calm and poised. Quite impressive to watch. I couldn't/wouldn't do it even for the large salary they make.

Did you even look into the details of how Myles Gray was killed?

They handcuffed his hands and his legs then proceeded to break nearly every bone in his body after he was helpless and unable to threaten them in any way. They crushed his voice box and stomped his crotch until his scrotum ripped open. Then they kept the identities of the pigs hidden for 6 years and not a single charge was laid on any of them.

But yeah yeah keep repeating the same tired bootlicking talking points about how great pigs are.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Nov. 18, 2022, 4:25 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Nov. 18, 2022, 5 p.m.

The guy was on drugs and strongly resisted arrest.

Try reading the report instead of blurring out sensationalist bullshit.

Nov. 18, 2022, 5 p.m.

This was just a couple blocks away:

https://bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=2120&languageId=1&contentId=77337