Police brutality.

Oct. 22, 2009, 5:57 a.m.

What I'm trying to figure out is why did the cop just keep on hitting him instead of oh I don't know, maybe cuffing him?

Yup, he's a drug dealer and if the cops trigger finger had slipped, oh well.

Now for the flip side - innocent until proven guilty in Canada. This cop just kicked democracy to the curb by his actions imho. Bet this cop thinks Rodney King got what he deserved.

Oct. 22, 2009, 6:04 a.m.

Not much of a beating.

Since no one has thought of this. The cop with the drawn pistol I suspect used his foot for one simple reason. That being to kneel and use a hand would have greatly increased the chances of the guy making a move.

Which if happened we would now have a bad guy with a gun running through the neighbourhood. Which people then would be screaming bloody murder.

So… the other cop that walked on his legs would've just let him run free? I think given the attitude portrayed by these two, the bad guy with a gun would've been shot dead had he successfully got a hold of the officers side arm by the other officer. But, I also hope in that scenario, as hopped up as it is Mr. War Secretary, officer number two would've stepped in and then proceeded to lay the beats into him. Which since most of us know, once you "assault" an officer, there really is no recourse and the police can and will rightfully do so. But from what I see, that situation hardly needed the mini romper stomper or punt to the ribs.

And why a gun - are tasers that dangerous?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 22, 2009, 8:27 a.m.

What I'm trying to figure out is why did the cop just keep on hitting him instead of oh I don't know, maybe cuffing him?

Yup, he's a drug dealer and if the cops trigger finger had slipped, oh well.

Now for the flip side - innocent until proven guilty in Canada. This cop just kicked democracy to the curb by his actions imho. Bet this cop thinks Rodney King got what he deserved.

When someone isn't following orders, they are not exactly innocent anymore. After he repeatedly told him not to move, the dumba$$ still moves around. How does the cop know the guy isn't trying to wiggle a knife or a gun out of his pants?

You move when cops tell you not to, you deserve to get a beating. There wasn't even a frickin beating in this video… Let the cops do their jobs and beat the crack dealers.

Just Ride.

Oct. 22, 2009, 8:45 a.m.

When someone isn't following orders, they are not exactly innocent anymore. After he repeatedly told him not to move, the dumba$$ still moves around. How does the cop know the guy isn't trying to wiggle a knife or a gun out of his pants?

You move when cops tell you not to, you deserve to get a beating. There wasn't even a frickin beating in this video… Let the cops do their jobs and beat the crack dealers.

Cops told Rodney King to stop moving - each and everyone of them multiple timesa they kicked him 200+ times.

Oct. 22, 2009, 8:50 a.m.

guy moved his HAND and got a boot. hands can hold weapons, cops don't like hands on perps that aren't well clear of places to hide weapons.

maybe this guy has assaulted officers before, who knows? walking on the guy's legs was unprofessional, sure, but there was no freaking brutality there.

edit: christ, grey hair even supports the guy's head when they lift him to a seated position.

edit II: every time the perp squirms he brings his left hand towards his hip. fuck that noise.

Check my stuff for sale!

Oct. 22, 2009, 9:32 a.m.

Wow

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Oct. 22, 2009, 10:14 a.m.

So… the other cop that walked on his legs would've just let him run free? I think given the attitude portrayed by these two, the bad guy with a gun would've been shot dead had he successfully got a hold of the officers side arm by the other officer. But, I also hope in that scenario, as hopped up as it is Mr. War Secretary, officer number two would've stepped in and then proceeded to lay the beats into him. Which since most of us know, once you "assault" an officer, there really is no recourse and the police can and will rightfully do so. But from what I see, that situation hardly needed the mini romper stomper or punt to the ribs.

And why a gun - are tasers that dangerous?

One problem, we don't see the lead up to this. The camera either wasn't turned on before this footage or the footage was edited out. So all we are seeing is what the camera guy posted on youtube.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 22, 2009, 10:25 a.m.

The problem with all this is more then just the incident. The biggest problem is the speed at which this stuff gets out to everyone.

With all the abilities a computer has to editing video footage in can make any police incident if properly edited look like a Watts Riot beating. Plus it allows one to only show the incident while conveniently editing out what transpired before.

The other part of the problem is the speed to which this gets out. The reason it is a problem is that by the time we see it we have all made judgement on the situation without knowing all the facts. In a society of have it now news media we want it now not wait to get all the story. We would rather listen to Ann Koultier tells us that police are evil rather then get all the facts.

It is far easier for us this way as it makes our lives much easier to live.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2009, 10:27 a.m.

I thought the cops were remarkably restrained. Seriously, Abbotsford has become a complete shit-hole with the gang violence and drug dealers. That guy kept wiggling around on the ground and more or less laughing like the arrest was a big joke. He also looked a lot like that Ed guy from BareNakedLadies so damn rights he deserved a couple boots.

What a waste of money investigating that. Cops 1, Crack Dealers 0.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 22, 2009, 10:27 a.m.

Cause you're saying that kicking a perp every time they twitch is justified.

By the way fag who poaches closed trails with his fag friends - go fuck yourself and take some responsibility for your own life. A bullet in your head or a knife in your throqat would improve everyone's quality of life.

I'd love to punch your mom in the head then crush her skull with a vice - you're just a piece of dog shit that should be burned in a shallow grave.

Whoah, someone hasn't been laid in a while.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 22, 2009, 10:59 a.m.

I have seen heavy handed cops enough times that I usually don't like to see any excessive violence, but this was pretty tame, and he kept moving his hand closer to his back pocket. We also don't know what kind of dirt bag this guy is and the cops probably do. I will let this slide this time.

Oct. 22, 2009, 11:01 a.m.

Well, clearly Canada is getting a bit too soft. What a haven for criminals we're becoming. So you're saying if you see someone stealing your bike you're not going to go and try to beat them down? "Well, maybe he's confused and he thinks it's his bike." Or "two wrongs don't make a right." What a load of shit. Criminals have it too good in Canada. And people blame the justice system and the government but I think we should start blaming ourselves for being a bunch of pathetic passive wimps.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 22, 2009, 11:07 a.m.

heat that was a bit over the line.

could the cop have been a little less forceful? maybe, but you're not the cop and you weren't there in the situation so you don't get to make that call. there's one officer trying to control two suspects. that fact alone makes me think that i would not want either one of these guys moving at all as it could be an attempt to reach for a weapon or get up and make a run for it.

trying to compare this situation to the rodney king one is completely idiotic. shameful actually.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 22, 2009, 11:23 a.m.

Heatmizer is about as popular as Balloon Boy's dad right about now. ;)

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 22, 2009, 11:26 a.m.

Heatmizer is about as popular as Balloon Boy's dad right about now. ;)

It would seem I'm the moderate of this thread.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk