Please Help Marc Stokes regain his right to play music on the streets.

Jan. 29, 2012, 12:39 p.m.

Marc, I'm trying to figure out your goal with this street busking. Is this your career that you will run with until retirement, earning enough money to raise a family? Or, is this just you way of having fun and making some pocket change?

If you really plan on making a career out of rapping, would you be better served (now that you have all that practice time under your belt), perfecting a few specific raps and go looking for a record label? Become famous like….. (ok, I;m not big on the current rap scene, so I won't try naming rap stars.)

However, I do appreciate that you have the drive to get out there and do something that most people won't do. It certainly takes a certain flair and definitely some determination. And, there must be some skill, or a lot more people would be macing you in the streets. (I apologize for this comment, but I personally can't stand listening to it, and I'd be crossing the street to stay out of your zone if I was down there. I'd be one of those silent disapproving ones that perhaps you're not accounting for.).

So, you've got flair, drive, determination and some talent. Focus it elsewhere. You could do well in life. Or… be doing the same thing in 20 years. Treat the loss of your license as an opportunity.

I have a free album for download that includes songs that I tightened up.
I love making music, its fun as hell, I honestly will keep practicing regardless of what happens. The street is a really good way to practice performance skill. Music is what I want to do. I make 100-200 bucks a day, improve a bit, advertise to passers by, develop a fan base, continue writing music, learning guitar and saxophone. hey, I'll say it again, I love what I do, I love to make music. I won't let a forum slow me down. I'm sure you guys are great people, we just see this differently. One love!

http://www.un1music.com

Follow me on facebook

Jan. 29, 2012, 4:01 p.m.

I have a free album for download that includes songs that I tightened up.
I love making music, its fun as hell, I honestly will keep practicing regardless of what happens. The street is a really good way to practice performance skill. Music is what I want to do. I make 100-200 bucks a day, improve a bit, advertise to passers by, develop a fan base, continue writing music, learning guitar and saxophone. hey, I'll say it again, I love what I do, I love to make music. I won't let a forum slow me down. I'm sure you guys are great people, we just see this differently. One love!

You do declare all of that 100 to 200 bucks a day as in income, with Revenue Canada, right?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 29, 2012, 4:35 p.m.

You do declare all of that 100 to 200 bucks a day as in income, with Revenue Canada, right?

Its ok…ill do it for him!

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 29, 2012, 4:37 p.m.

Its ok…ill do it for him!

You're such a great guy, and I'm sure RC will commend you so.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 29, 2012, 5:44 p.m.

One thing whiggers are good at is keeping it real.

Real Dumb.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 29, 2012, 6:07 p.m.

tazzmenn supports aeropusher approval of hard tack's refusal to support someone who posts in the third person

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Jan. 29, 2012, 6:17 p.m.

One thing whiggers are good at is keeping it real.

?

I don't understand the relevance.

Jan. 29, 2012, 6:31 p.m.

?

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Refer to 3:20.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 29, 2012, 6:42 p.m.

You guys all suck a bit more after this thread. We're obviously knee deep in the off season.

Anyone who gets Dub FX's attention is fine in my books. Keep doing what you are doing Stokes.

Jan. 29, 2012, 6:47 p.m.

You guys all suck a bit more after this thread. We're obviously knee deep in the off season.

A bit more what?

Jan. 29, 2012, 6:57 p.m.

?

Google is yo friend dog

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Jan. 29, 2012, 7:01 p.m.

yes, yes, i know wiggers. had the pleasure of going through high school with several of them. always awkward to see them interact with black people.

bad attempt to poke fun at enduramil's spelling.

Jan. 29, 2012, 11:40 p.m.

yes, yes, i know wiggers. had the pleasure of going through high school with several of them. always awkward to see them interact with black people.

bad attempt to poke fun at enduramil's spelling.

Guinness #7 of the night probably doesn't help.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 30, 2012, 9:29 a.m.

Maybe, just maybe people have to go to work or home and HAVE to walk through these areas. Some of them don't have a 'choice' to be there but you do. So why don't you go somewhere else? Why do you feel so self entitled? Why not spread the 'love' around? Are you trying to be like a Corner Boy? Thinking you own the block and are pimping out instead of drugs and prostitution - music? Maybe not everyone wants to buy your product.

Why have you named yourself after a gang in Vancouver?
Do you see yourself as a role model for children?

Un-1 is actually without one. un-one. Like UNdo.

It is a spiritual path for me, of tying to live without ego, Clearly I have not attained that yet. There is a gang in Vancouver called Un-1? Lame… I see myself as musician, trying to find meaning in a world that has been over saturated by capital wealth and incredible poverty. the divisions that exists, financially, socially, and physically I believe to be illusions. These constructs have turned into real world problems, but the solutions exists in our minds. A change of how we perceive the world will lead to a change in our actions, and then to real world changes. Even those who hate me, I believe to be integral. One Love. I mean it.

Follow me on facebook

Jan. 30, 2012, 9:31 a.m.

Anyone who gets Dub FX's attention is fine in my books. Keep doing what you are doing Stokes.

Thank you.

Follow me on facebook