Please Help Marc Stokes regain his right to play music on the streets.

Jan. 31, 2012, 10:16 a.m.

That is an awesome idea. I wonder how he would feel about getting a taste of his own medicine.

I really what him to answer my question.

Let me know when you are heading down … if could be EPIC, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFA-rOls8YA

Jan. 31, 2012, 10:23 a.m.

Spins more rhymes than a lazy susan.

yeah bro!!

Jan. 31, 2012, 10:45 a.m.

Thread of the year and it's only January, Manuary!
:fro:

Wrong. Always.

Jan. 31, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

I agree with this.

You've changed man. What next .. marriage and kids?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 31, 2012, 12:34 p.m.

The irony is that all of you are rich kids, who think you know what life is about.

Still living with your parents on the North Shore?

Parents who are teachers and a life on the North Shore would qualify most people for rich kid status IMO; and a chosen avenue in life making "music" smacks of white kid from the suburbs who thinks he's smarter than the proles.

Yeah you might have got the shitty end of the stick dealing with this cop, but you're not exactly being kept down by "the man". Suck it up and move on.

Jan. 31, 2012, 7:25 p.m.

Parents who are teachers and a life on the North Shore would qualify most people for rich kid status IMO; and a chosen avenue in life making "music" smacks of white kid from the suburbs who thinks he's smarter than the proles.

Yeah you might have got the shitty end of the stick dealing with this cop, but you're not exactly being kept down by "the man". Suck it up and move on.

Dear Marc,

You just got owned.

Yours truly,

NSMB NBR

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Jan. 31, 2012, 7:49 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8

Jan. 31, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

Parents who are teachers and a life on the North Shore would qualify most people for rich kid status IMO; .

LOL
Two teachers raising one or more kids does not hit the 'rich' bar by any north american's definition.

Unless they have stupid money from inheritance or a properly rich parent.

Feb. 1, 2012, 12:48 a.m.

I agree with this. Go acoustic Stokes.

If he has to go acoustic, then should everyone else on Granville that performs (a lot have amps too). I travel down granville every day and honestly, the loudness of people on there isn't a problem.

I've also seen Marc perform, and he wasn't all that bad. Just sayin'.

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

Feb. 1, 2012, 5:38 a.m.

If he has to go acoustic, then should everyone else on Granville that performs (a lot have amps too). I travel down granville every day and honestly, the loudness of people on there isn't a problem.

I've also seen Marc perform, and he wasn't all that bad. Just sayin'.

thunderous endorsement.

Feb. 1, 2012, 8:15 a.m.

LOL
Two teachers raising one or more kids does not hit the 'rich' bar by any north american's definition.

Unless they have stupid money from inheritance or a properly rich parent.

but it's not like they're poor enough to call out people on an internet bulletin board as all being rich folk.

Feb. 1, 2012, 9:30 a.m.

Informer
You know say Daddy Snow me, I'm gonna blame
A licky boom-boom down
'Tective man says Daddy Snow stabbed someone down the lane
A licky boom-boom down
Informer
You know say Daddy Snow me, I'm gonna blame
A licky boom-boom down
'Tective man says Daddy Snow stabbed someone down the lane
A licky boom-boom down

sorry dont know this guy, just had to get in on this thread

Feb. 1, 2012, 9:50 a.m.

I hope the cop that's keeping this guy down gets a healthy raise.

Wrong. Always.

Feb. 8, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

If you are so "SPIRTUAL" and into "SREADING DA LOVE AND A POSITIVE MESSAGE" then why do you stand around putting down random straingers and talking trash as they walk by?

That is like hitting your kids to show them you care.

If you listen to what im saying, you will quickly notice that im not putting them down. Your just indoctrinated to assume hip hop is about dissing people. I actually say stuff like "you have a nice shirt/shoes/coat whatever", remind people to feel positive. I tease people sometimes about something, but then tease myself right afterwards to show them that I'm just playing. I make fun of myself more than I have every made fun of others. I stand on a street corner and make fun of the falseness that our society has developed. watch any of the videos of me(obviously besides battles) and you will see how positive I am. I dislike battling to the point where I make people bet me 50 bucks to battle me because I would rather be making positive music. Some people just wont take no for an answer to battle me, so I bet them them money to pay bills. I want people to feel better every-time they listen to my show. Its not like im talking about how tough I am, I call my self a geek more times during my performance than anything. I simply want to put a smile on peoples faces, and for the most part that works. If you ever approach me, and ask me to make a song about anything, I am always down. You know obviously if you want me to rap about cocaine, and your into cocaine, and I rap about how the cocaine industry causes great strife in South America and the true cost of the drug, you may not like my response, but it isn't an attack on you.

Thanks for the question, It felt sincere. I wish more of the internet was so!

Peace/love

Marc

http://www.un1music.com

Follow me on facebook

Feb. 8, 2012, 2:31 p.m.

Yeah, but are you declaring to Revenue Canada the money you get on the street?

Well, are you?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells