Please Help Marc Stokes regain his right to play music on the streets.

Jan. 28, 2012, 7:04 a.m.

If the police did something wrong, file a complait and/or take them to court and put forth your charter argument. NBR is going to do absolutely nothing to forward your cause.

Posting boob pics doesn't help his cause?

Jan. 28, 2012, 7:42 a.m.

aeropusher approves of hard tack's refusal to support someone who posts in the third person

holy shit, _someone _here finds this funny.

Jan. 28, 2012, 8:57 a.m.

Why would I want to challenge you to something you do all the time and I have never done?

If I could bet you $50 I can be a better Nurse, then sure! :lol:

I challenge him to a 'who's better at framing walls' comp

australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.

Jan. 28, 2012, 11:08 a.m.

Why would I want to challenge you to something you do all the time and I have never done?
If I could bet you $50 I can be a better Nurse, then sure!

I challenge him to a 'who's better at framing walls' comp

Gentlemen gentlemen, I think we are getting ahead of ourselfs here. He is a vegrant street profomer who obviously can not get or hold a real job, so challenging him to do a real job is just mean.
He would not challenge you to a dumpster diving contest.

Manners Gentlemen.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Jan. 28, 2012, 12:16 p.m.

Stokes, you brought this on yourself. If you stand back and honestly read your post and honestly ask yourself how you feel about your desire to perform on the street, you'd pick up on a sense of entitlement. Although you have a right to express yourself, you are not entitled to abuse the right. What am i talking about? This all may be a very personal thing for you, but for others you're making a shit ton of noise that can be heard literally hundreds of feet away. It's not like you're a fiddler or a magician.

It's pretty clear the cop has been hearing it every day for a while now and had enough. Truth is you likely could have just walked away, but you had to be a wise ass and ask him to justify it (a very stupid thing to do with any law officer under any circumstance)… and then when he said "go fuck yourself" you considered the battle won and wanted to shake his hand? It's ridiculous.

anyway i feel pretty bad about this thread. I'm surprised people are laying into you this hard, but there is reason behind it.

Jan. 28, 2012, 1:18 p.m.

yea the reason is some shitty white soul rap clogging up the streets

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Jan. 28, 2012, 7:02 p.m.

You guys don't get it. I make 10 times more people smile and laugh and feel positive than the people who I anger. For me its sheer math. MY point about betting you 50 bucks was that, you can't rap, so calling me shitty is stupid. Judging by the way people speak on these forums towards a guy who asked for help, well shit, call me a street vagrant, because they have more respect, compassion and humanity than the people in this thread. The irony is that all of you are rich kids, who think you know what life is about. Why not spend a day hanging out with a crack head, and learn what his life is like. Maybe you would learn something valuable.
So you know, this is the only place on the internet or off it so far that I posted this request that has given me any negative response. What does that say about yourselves. I am sure the haters will keep hating, but even in doing so you remind me why I do what I do, to make people who are ignorant learn. I have had thousands of people talking about how my music improves their live, through emails, text messages, phone calls, facebook and twitter. I made those people smile, I wish I could find a way to make you feel good too. Have a wicked life, I hope this made you feel better.

Marc

http://www.un1music.com

Follow me on facebook

Jan. 28, 2012, 7:21 p.m.

firstworldproblems @8mile

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Jan. 28, 2012, 7:27 p.m.

Dear Marc,

Not wanting to support your act doesn't make us wrong or bad…we just don't like your act….kinda like nickleback.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 28, 2012, 7:45 p.m.

Sometimes kids who grow up poor get wealth through hard work and a little good luck. Sometimes those adults don't want to get rapped at while they're walking home from work or out with a girl on a first date. Get over it, your act is intrusive and annoying to plenty of people. If you want to rap, and your audience is as big as you say, go to a club and flyer the sh*t out of the event.

Taken from a BC law website

Abuse:

The emotional, financial, physical, psychological, sexual or verbal maltreatment of a person or animal.

See also: Child Abuse;Economic/Financial Abuse; Elder (Senior) Abuse; Emotional Abuse; Physical Abuse; Psychological Abuse/Psychological Harassment; Sexual Abuse; Using the Children; Using the Court; and Verbal Abuse.

When what you're doing is illegal, don't be surprised when the police come knocking. If you disagree with the law, the correct avenue is the courts or peaceful disobedience. Hurling insults and obstructing people who have nothing to do with your issue isn't peaceful.

Jan. 28, 2012, 9:41 p.m.

MY point about betting you 50 bucks was that, you can't rap, so calling me shitty is stupid.

I can't drywall, but I know a crappy job when I see it.

Just saying…

Jan. 28, 2012, 9:43 p.m.

Sometimes kids who grow up poor get wealth through hard work and a little good luck. Sometimes those adults don't want to get rapped at while they're walking home from work or out with a girl on a first date. Get over it, your act is intrusive and annoying to plenty of people. If you want to rap, and your audience is as big as you say, go to a club and flyer the sh*t out of the event.

Taken from a BC law website

When what you're doing is illegal, don't be surprised when the police come knocking. If you disagree with the law, the correct avenue is the courts or peaceful disobedience. Hurling insults and obstructing people who have nothing to do with your issue isn't peaceful.

i was actually responding to insulting comments. IF you listen to my music, you should realize its actually all positive. I am throwing a show(feb 2 at the cobalt). It's cool if you don't support the petition, because that is your belief, I was just shocked by the abusive as you say comments. The point of my music is to remind people that they can open up and feel connected and loved, and together we can learn to improve upon our society so that people don't starve, aren't abused. I am also shocked that you feel it is an attack on you. That is not the purpose, regardless, I appreciate that you guys aren't interested in supporting, but I thought perhaps someone might be. What I do is not illegal, in fact its freedom of speech. The previous encounter I had with the police, I was arrested for playing in a spot I had a permit for, asked to leave all of my gear and walk away with the police to "talk". I said can't we talk here, and he said "your resisting arrest" . Brutal. So I can't perform with my permit. What use is it? so they cancel it. Even though my legal council suggests there is a legal president to support my case, Id prefer not attack it from a legal point of view. There is a whole city where no music is, why can't we have one place where music is, and call it what its already called. The Entertainment District. It is the loudest section of the city. Other cities have places like that, but not ours. yet i love Vancouver. I was born here, so was my dad. If we live in a place where we can't question our police, who by the way, are just people, then we are not free. I honestly want that police officer to have a good life, I don't intend anyone harm, I offer free hugs, support, people cry on my shoulder. I hope everyone is feeling good. I want to do better, make better music. Practice makes perfect. Why do you think I perform on the street? I reach people, I learn from them, they hopefully learn something from me, and that's awesome. I have made lots of friends. The world is filled full of good people! I was asking for your help and was surprised by the response. Performing on the street isn't easy, you face a lot of stuff on a street like Granville.

Take Care.

Follow me on facebook

Jan. 28, 2012, 9:47 p.m.

Btw when they arrested me they also left all my instruments on the street. I happened to have a couple friends in the crowd who collected them for me.

Follow me on facebook

Jan. 28, 2012, 10:21 p.m.

Your petition states something like "if you've ever heard him or he's made you smile, then support him".

Since I've never heard you or have been made to smile by you, then that excludes me.

As for the Charter argument, I disagree with the petitions interpretation, and I do not how signing a petition is going to allow you to break the law.

If you truly believe your are a victim of a Charter violation, then you're arguing with the wrong people and going about this wrong. If you've been wrongly arrested, take the appropriate legal avenues.

Petitions don't make law.

Oh, and lol "throat taser".

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 28, 2012, 10:41 p.m.

Bryan Adams, Nickelback, Justin Bieber, Avril Lavigne, that horse face wench who's name escapes me……., Rush!

LOL Canadian music

treezz
wow you are a ass