Plan for Legal Marijuana system in Canada

Dec. 15, 2016, 2:02 p.m.

once home cultivation is legal I see a good business in selling homegrow systems that are legal [HTML_REMOVED] safe

I don't see the pot police coming to check how much you are growing

I can't see it mattering much if you had 4 or 8 plants and that will grow you quite a bit of dope

I just read something that said teens are partying less than they did 25 yrs ago

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/teens-dont-drink-or-do-drugs-like-they-used-to-study-says-vgtrn?utm_source=viceboostads[HTML_REMOVED]utm_campaign=Canada

Dec. 16, 2016, 6:21 a.m.

i have two words for you… blueberry kush….

Dec. 16, 2016, 8:46 a.m.

They are height limited to 4' for "fire reasons".

Crud. There goes my landscaping plan.

Dec. 16, 2016, 9:20 a.m.

Crud. There goes my landscaping plan.

:lol: Totally. There goes my hedge plans.

Dec. 16, 2016, 10:37 a.m.

Sure hope they won't be morons and charge more than 5-10 a gram.

If they do, the black market will just keep chugging along. Any overregulation will just open the door for the bm. As we all know, it takes very little space, manpower, and packaging to produce a lot.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 16, 2016, 2:26 p.m.

They are height limited to 4' for "fire reasons".

no problem, just SCROG 'er

Dec. 16, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

Overall, thought the report was very well thought out and also looks quite positive for the current licensed producers. Anyone else here investing in this sector?

Dec. 16, 2016, 5:42 p.m.

Overall, thought the report was very well thought out and also looks quite positive for the current licensed producers. Anyone else here investing in this sector?

It,s something to consider for the future , I have no idea on how to do it though

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 16, 2016, 6:13 p.m.

Too speculative, even for my taste. Maybe I'll look at getting some Loblaw's stock (TSE:L) since they own Shopper's Drug Mart, but look at what has happened with Canopy Corp (TSE:CGC) for the last month.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Dec. 17, 2016, 6:35 a.m.

no problem, just SCROG 'er

4 ft tall, 20 ft wide…

Dec. 17, 2016, 6:53 a.m.

i'm investing my time in studying phytotechnology in horticulture especially to cultivate cannabis in the future

Dec. 17, 2016, 10:54 a.m.

^^^ tons of money to be made there. I like that the plan includes opportunities for smaller boutique growers. You wont need a $10M facility to be a licensed producer.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 19, 2016, 2:27 p.m.

from what I understand the black market is thriving and doing more business than ever in the states…more people start smoking when it's legal; the ones who already did increase their production and suddenly everyone gets tired of paying the steep prices the dispensaries are charging and looks elsewhere. In steps the black market to capitalize..

I think a big future in Canada will be the actual testing of cannabis and products..the states has strict testing to show the THC/CBD content, any mold spores, chemical fertilizers etc…Canada will probably (hopefully) adopt the same protocal. From what I've been heard any testing that is done right in canada now is basically BS and just made up numbers, so there's a profitable angle if you're the smart scientist type.

Dec. 19, 2016, 3:06 p.m.

from what I understand the black market is thriving and doing more business than ever in the states…more people start smoking when it's legal; the ones who already did increase their production and suddenly everyone gets tired of paying the steep prices the dispensaries are charging and looks elsewhere. In steps the black market to capitalize..

It's been a mixed bag in the states in terms of Black Market (and grey market) performance. Washington state, which taxes Marijuana at 44% has seen pretty a very small reduction in Black Market sales, Colorado, which taxes it's Marijuana at a much lower rate of 28% has seen a drastic decrease in Black Market sales. Despite legal Marijuana, only 30% of the weed being used in Washington State comes from legal sources, to contrast this, 70% of the weed sold in Colorado comes from legal sources and the bulk of the remainder is 'grey-market' sales (legally grown pot, sold illegally through unlicensed delivery services). In Colorado the Mexican schwack you buy for $10/gram isn't worth buying considering that better quality legal pot is selling for $15/gram, unlike Washington State which is around $25/gram.

I read an interesting report the other day but can't seem to find it, that said the number of large quantity Marijuana busts in Mexico's border regions have increased since so many states have been legalizing part or all of their marijuana trade because the cartels are having a much harder time unloading their product and are now shifting their attention to human trafficking…. great.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21692873-growing-number-countries-are-deciding-ditch-prohibition-what-comes

One thing that looking at all of these figures makes me realize though… man, do they pay a lot for weed in the US :lol:

Jan. 5, 2017, 9:05 a.m.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/marc-davis-/medical-cannabis-growers-canada_b_13939122.html?utm_hp_ref=canada-business[HTML_REMOVED]ir=Canada+Business

For Canada's "Big Pot" industry, it's a shocking year-end fall from grace.

It's tarnished an otherwise dazzling 2016 for Canada's industrialized medical cannabis growers.

And what exquisitely cruel timing with two image-bruising developments in the last two business days of 2016.

For many shareholders in particular, it was analogous to a much-anticipated bottle of high-end champagne turning out to be flat on New Year's Eve.

Here's what happened: it recently came to light that two federal government-approved 'licensed producers (LPs) of medical marijuana have been caught by authorities selling tainted cannabis to medical patients.

big pharma sticking it to their patients….? say it aint so… fuk walmart operations…