- Allow for the public possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana.
- Permit Canadians to grow four of their own plants at home.
- Allow for retail sales and for indoor marijuana lounges.
- Require plain packaging for marijuana that lists the THC and CBD content, the name of the strain and producer, and a warning about the possible health risks.
- Ban most marijuana advertising, unless it will be seen only by adults.
- Fund a public education campaign about marijuana and the possible dangers.
- Allow the sale of edibles, as long as they are not deemed to be âappealing to children.â
- Discourage provinces from selling marijuana in stores that also sell tobacco or alcohol â âwherever possible.â
- Remove most criminal prohibitions for marijuana, limit prosecutions for less serious offences, and move to fines for breaking licensing or production rules.
- Push for âgraduatedâ penalties for driving under the influence of marijuana, ranging from fines to criminal prosecution â but also invest more seriously in studying the link between THC and impairment on driving.
- Push for a competitive cultivation and distribution market that makes room for smaller growers, and encourages involvement of Indigenous communities.