Phones That Don't Smash To Pieces?

Jan. 27, 2015, 10:08 a.m.

Blackberry

For serial.

If you don't need a million apps, they take a licking and keep on ticking!

Sure if you have lnon man size hands. LOL

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 27, 2015, 12:10 p.m.

There's this: http://catphones.com/en-gb/phones/s50-smartphone/

Apart from having a look in the store i have no experience with it, but an interesting choice. The sonim dumb phone has crezy battery life and is tough, but slow and the speaker is very bad.

Jan. 27, 2015, 3:18 p.m.

Treat your expensive smartphone properly. It's not a set of car keys.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 27, 2015, 5:49 p.m.

This is probably the closest thing:
http://www.sonimtech.ca/xp7/

We just got a bunch of these at work. We had one of the engineering techs do destructive testing on one. It was thrown forcefully at a cement floor repeatedly with no damage, submerged in a half frozen ditch with no damage, driven over 3-4 times with a pickup truck, the thing that finally killed it was 45 minutes in the clothes washer.

They are not without problems though, for the WiFi they won't accept a WPA key longer than 20 characters, bluetooth will randomly stop working, and we had 1 or 2 that were DOA.

Their support people are pretty useless as well, I tried to work with them on the WiFi WPA key issue, and it was obvious they didn't bother to even read the emails I sent them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jan. 27, 2015, 7:29 p.m.

Thanks all. I didn't realize that there was an S5 Active. The Cat phone looks interesting as an 'out there' choice.

I personally haven't damaged my phone in three years so I was partly wondering if Samsung are using crapper screens on their newer phones compared to the S2. I don't need a phone to survive a nuclear explosion but my idea of treating it properly is to be able to leave the coffee bar without it spontaneously combusting :)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 27, 2015, 11:48 p.m.

S5 display is far better than the S2. So is the device in general.

As for robustness, if you're not really careful then do as others have started and get an Otterbox Defender.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 28, 2015, 6:15 a.m.

Sure if you have lnon man size hands. LOL

I have lol mansized hands and 2 blackkberries that I cant kill

One is a bold and the other is a Z10 or whatever the new ones are called. Theyve been dropped,frozen,overheated etc,etc without major issue. The newer one doesnt seem to like to wifi if it gets too hot though (left in truck during summer) battery life on both is 2-3 days with light to moderate use on each.

One weird thing though…on both of them I have on occasion observed as though somebody was scrolling through things on my phone,like someone was remotely looking through my contacts,texts and facebook..of course i shut the phone down when I saw this happening.

Anyone else see something like this happening on their phone(s)?

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 28, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

I have lol mansized hands and 2 blackkberries that I cant kill

One is a bold and the other is a Z10 or whatever the new ones are called. Theyve been dropped,frozen,overheated etc,etc without major issue. The newer one doesnt seem to like to wifi if it gets too hot though (left in truck during summer) battery life on both is 2-3 days with light to moderate use on each.

One weird thing though…on both of them I have on occasion observed as though somebody was scrolling through things on my phone,like someone was remotely looking through my contacts,texts and facebook..of course i shut the phone down when I saw this happening.

Anyone else see something like this happening on their phone(s)?

Stop buying your cigarettes at the side of the road. Those things are "amended"…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca