Philippines...

Nov. 12, 2013, 12:45 p.m.

I have no idea who will be the quickest at getting our dollars hitting the ground in PH…but your local Phil-Can association is a good bet. There is NO other group of immigrants in Canada that are as caring and as involved in giving back to the Families/Country they left behind to get here into Canada.

This is very true, it is part of the family dynamics and culture…they dont really leave anyone behind. Part of the reason i could not convince my wife to hop a plan.
Even families still together funnel all there funds into a one pot just to survive. We have a helper that lives like this…she could buy herself a new pair of sandals but puts her wages into food.

Nov. 12, 2013, 9:40 p.m.

most aid will go to the place that is most covered on the news….and places important to politicians here….north Cebu Island will just have to suck it up for a while.
Bogo, Malapasqua, Bantayan ect.

Of course the politicians will do that.

And then comes in the UN to drag things out even more.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 12, 2013, 10:41 p.m.

Riiiiiiiiiight. And their helicopters are painted black, eh?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 13, 2013, 4:56 a.m.

Riiiiiiiiiight. And their helicopters are painted black, eh?

Cebu City is a hub from the south right now…. many military cargo planes and helo…like a war zone. The c 130 or whatever there called are taking a really low base leg over our house to final aproach. I guess they are used to hot dogging lol…because it doesn't seem like the safest aproach over population….any fly boys know if this is sop?

one friends story about his trip into forgotten North Cebu province to check on family and fetch 5 kids
you may not want to waste 50 minutes listening to two tired kano drone on..high light is kids cameo apearance :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHD0vFPJLfs

Nov. 13, 2013, 8:13 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6I3_ueeNQ

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 13, 2013, 10:21 p.m.

For anyone here wondering where the most efficient place to donate is….this could be one. They're already established, they're on site…pre-current disaster. Donations should be immediately realized and be effective.

"Kamloops-based Developing World Connections (DWC) is also involved in fundraising for the country, asking people to send money to the Rise Above Foundation Cebu, a non-profit that has been involved in international development for more than a decade.

It will be sending 10 volunteers to Bantayan Island next week.

The home of about 130,000 people has been virtually destroyed and volunteers will be distributing canned goods, water, sleeping mats, soaps, medicines, bandages and tarps to make shelters.

Rise Above will also be helping in other communities near Tacloban.

Donations can be made to Rise Above at the DWC office, 220-141 Victoria St. on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., by mail to the office or by phoning 250-434-2525, extension 14.

Online donations can be made online at developingworldconnections.org."

I'll add the links in a sec

Nov. 13, 2013, 10:24 p.m.

http://riseabove-cebu.org/donate/

Nov. 14, 2013, 11:14 a.m.

For anyone here wondering where the most efficient place to donate is….this could be one. They're already established, they're on site…pre-current disaster. Donations should be immediately realized and be effective.

"Kamloops-based Developing World Connections (DWC) is also involved in fundraising for the country, asking people to send money to the Rise Above Foundation Cebu, a non-profit that has been involved in international development for more than a decade.

It will be sending 10 volunteers to Bantayan Island next week.

The home of about 130,000 people has been virtually destroyed and volunteers will be distributing canned goods, water, sleeping mats, soaps, medicines, bandages and tarps to make shelters.

Rise Above will also be helping in other communities near Tacloban.

Donations can be made to Rise Above at the DWC office, 220-141 Victoria St. on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., by mail to the office or by phoning 250-434-2525, extension 14.

Online donations can be made online at developingworldconnections.org."

I'll add the links in a sec

Bantayan? Really? Make sure you tell me when they are coming…i will meet them at the airport. I am dead serious.
What and how can they help….hope they have big carry on luggage. Lots of fakers showing up with a bag full of candies to snap some hero photos…

I have rallied friends at home, they are sending donations to me as well as to major orgs…with that we are buying rice, water, medical supplies. From there friends and vans, scooters…even public buses are taking it north. Still Bantayan ect. have little help….they are like an island beyond Port Hardy…

Nov. 14, 2013, 6:25 p.m.

We've got a raffle going on right now at work with all proceeds heading to the islands.
Grand prize . . . tickets for two anywhere Porter Airlines flies.

Nov. 15, 2013, 4:46 a.m.

we have a convoy heading up to Bantayan Sunday. People are not depending on the government. Pawn shops are busy, western unions. Families piled into those little suzuki trucks…trying to go find loved ones and get them out.
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/522107/20131114/united-nations-typhoon-haiyan-yolanda-philippines-tacloban.htm#.UoWGf31uvMK
never seen so many jets parked in one place….waiting to clear customs Geeeeeezous! This country needs an enima.

I hope some air drops come soon

Nov. 18, 2013, 2:23 a.m.

The students at my school will collect money throughout the coming week and donate it. We have a sort of open house this saturday and I hope a lot of visiting parents of primary school kids will donate freely.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Nov. 18, 2013, 10:30 a.m.

most aid will go to the place that is most covered on the news….and places important to politicians here….north Cebu Island will just have to suck it up for a while.
Bogo, Malapasqua, Bantayan ect.

The Globe report confirms this. The Philipine government has deployed DART to a region that is not in desperate need. Reporter observed a lot people running to the medical team are looking for free medical treatment not because they where seriously hurt in the earthquake.

Our team is getting a little pissed off about this.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/far-from-typhoons-worst-hit-areas-dart-frustration-grows/article15482576/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 20, 2013, 11:15 p.m.

The Globe report confirms this. The Philipine government has deployed DART to a region that is not in desperate need. Reporter observed a lot people running to the medical team are looking for free medical treatment not because they where seriously hurt in the earthquake.

Our team is getting a little pissed off about this.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/far-from-typhoons-worst-hit-areas-dart-frustration-grows/article15482576/

as they should be

Public shaming has a great impact on the culture….no one dare shames anyone in fear of a strong disproportionate response. The Anderson Cooper response was priceless and the non government citizens laud him for exposing the truth about corruption in their country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67cp57mQLY
check comments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67cp57mQLY

another reason for slow aid from local government is they where busy labeling relief goods with thier personal names….:???:

Nov. 20, 2013, 11:22 p.m.

The students at my school will collect money throughout the coming week and donate it. We have a sort of open house this saturday and I hope a lot of visiting parents of primary school kids will donate freely.

Thats great…its very rewarding to help. Its been awesome the support from individuals. I have had to take a step back for a bit for a mental health break but i will back down at our main groups disaster collection and distribution center soon. Will be making follow up visits to different communities affected north Cebu for moral support.

Nov. 20, 2013, 11:32 p.m.

Of course the politicians will do that.

actually the UN has told foreign military aid not to turn over relief goods to local government…wow.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/522107/20131114/united-nations-typhoon-haiyan-yolanda-philippines-tacloban.htm

that was one week ago