Philippines...

Nov. 4, 2013, 11:20 p.m.

Appears that the typhoon could be massive when it achieves landfall over the Philippines. Hope the people have ample time to stock up and prepare.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 5, 2013, 12:37 a.m.

Anyways….FML
they have not had big quakes or typhoons hit in this particular area for a long long time….until i move here.

Whities be bringin destruction since there was white. You brang that shit.

Nov. 5, 2013, 12:40 a.m.

; )

Nov. 5, 2013, 2:17 a.m.

Appears that the typhoon could be massive when it achieves landfall over the Philippines. Hope the people have ample time to stock up and prepare.

mostly rumors are flying around, the radio is the worst for that…and still not many take heed.

I stocked today, tomorrow will be securing the house best as possible/ windows, electronics documents ect…if it turns right for us we might head to a very solid looking hotel and shit bricks.

And why does it have to come at some stupid time like 2 am…pitch black to add to the pucker factor.

Nov. 5, 2013, 2:18 a.m.

Whities be bringin destruction since there was white. You brang that shit.

are Spaniards considered whities?

Nov. 5, 2013, 2:35 a.m.

are Spaniards considered whities?

They are destroyers of civilizations.

Mud slides are really bad because of the terrain. Hopefully people will stay away from slopes.

Or if you're hard core, you could get out and downhill on some of those slops… ;)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 5, 2013, 2:36 a.m.

Keep safe!

And aren't Spanish the Mexicans of Europe?

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Nov. 5, 2013, 2:42 a.m.

More like Mexicans are the Spaniards of NA, but in reality 80% of Mexicans are indigenous.

Everywhere the Spaniards went they left a frickin' mess. Same with the French. Only the locations invaded by the British ended up with decent infrastructure and stability.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Nov. 5, 2013, 8:21 a.m.

Ultimatley the spainiards even fucked themselves up …all that gold [HTML_REMOVED] silver they plundered screwed up the spanish economy

Nov. 5, 2013, 9:41 p.m.

Only the locations invaded by the British ended up with decent infrastructure and stability.

Ha. Tell the Indians that.

Super Typhoon Haiyan

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 5, 2013, 9:55 p.m.

More like Mexicans are the Spaniards of NA, but in reality 80% of Mexicans are indigenous.

Everywhere the Spaniards went they left a frickin' mess. Same with the French.

And the Portugese. And the Dutch. And the Belgians. And the Italians (Ethiopia and Libya how screwed up are those places?). Anyone else? The Danes seems to have done OK … lots of Inuit named Jensen and Nielsen.

Only the locations invaded by the British ended up with decent infrastructure and stability.

The British, despite the fact that they got rich off India and treated the Indians like serfs (as did and still do upper caste Indians), created indigenous institutions like the Indian Army, school system and the Indian Civil Service. The Dutch were probably the worst, not even bothering to even educate or organize all but a very few of their colonial subjects.

Nov. 5, 2013, 10:15 p.m.

Super Typhoon Haiyan

Gnarly! They get these every year tho…is that one exceptionally big???

Nov. 5, 2013, 10:28 p.m.

To answer self^…ya, it's a big one! : (

Nov. 5, 2013, 11:56 p.m.

Ha. Tell the Indians that.

People of the country India, or indigenous people of North America?

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Nov. 6, 2013, 9:30 a.m.

Gnarly! They get these every year tho…is that one exceptionally big???

Not in Central Philippines…last big one here one was 1990.

I did my homework before i moved here. And that research included suck out loud earth quakes, nothing severe in 20 years history told me..
well 7 point two ground mulchers…and super mega hyper hurricane typhoon

So ya…interesting times here.

This will be my last transmission for a good while…hopefully not the last.

Cant convince wife to hop on a plane, that would mean leaving family behind.

So i must stand by my wife and child…cant leave them behind either!

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/mtsat/wpac/flash-ir2.html

See yaull on the other side.