pending teachers strike, BCTF and the gov't

June 11, 2014, 3:10 a.m.

86% in favour of striking…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2014, 8:53 a.m.

Guess I should start planning to work a few days from home next week.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

June 11, 2014, 9:08 a.m.

When is the earliest they can go full-strike?

June 11, 2014, 9:22 a.m.

When is the earliest they can go full-strike?

Earliest the can go is Monday, as they have to give 72hrs notice.

June 11, 2014, 9:24 a.m.

this coming monday . . . should be a tough weekend of " negotiating " .

saw that fassbender guy on global this morning . i know this point is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand , but i just see arrogant , overly paid professional bureaucrat .

and i see he's not above manipulating the numbers to his favor : he says the bctf is asking for " what amounts to " a 20% percent wage hike , and they have only moved down 1% in their latest proposal .

June 11, 2014, 10:10 a.m.

Maybe they'll strike during July and August.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

They could picket during July and August. That would be interesting.

June 11, 2014, 11:51 a.m.

If the strike date is Monday realistically other then a inconvenience of school being essentially let out a week early for summer. Other then what effect this will have on Grade 11 and 12 students really this will not have a major negative effect on the BCTF. Maybe they are timing it this way so they have a better reaction from parents then if they went on strike in the fall. Increase the odds of parents being on their side.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 11, 2014, 12:36 p.m.

'mil , a whole lot is happening in the last week of school if you are a graduating student .

June 11, 2014, 12:48 p.m.

Teachers go on strike and don't get paid. Government saves a bunch of money that they end up using to pay the teacher's demands.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2014, 12:52 p.m.

Strike=more days in the bike park for me and the kid. ;)

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 11, 2014, 1:10 p.m.

this coming monday . . . should be a tough weekend of " negotiating " .

saw that fassbender guy on global this morning . i know this point is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand , but i just see arrogant , overly paid professional bureaucrat .

and i see he's not above manipulating the numbers to his favor : he says the bctf is asking for " what amounts to " a 20% percent wage hike , and they have only moved down 1% in their latest proposal .

If they haven't given strike notice by this afternoon, the wont be able to strike on Monday.
Im not sure where he gets that number of 20% either. My understanding was the teachers initially wanted 15.9 percent over 4 years and recently dropped that number to 14.3 percent over 4 years.

June 11, 2014, 1:13 p.m.

Teachers go on strike and don't get paid. Government saves a bunch of money that they end up using to pay the teachers demands.

If teachers strike in the summer, the government loses money from summer school proceeds. I guess itÂ’s not surprising that the government has lifted the lockout for the summer.

June 11, 2014, 1:22 p.m.

Good point about summer school. And no chance for student to make up a class.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2014, 3:38 p.m.

'mil , a whole lot is happening in the last week of school if you are a graduating student .

That's what I mean. The only students this will actually screw are this graduating. And in reality it is a small percentage of the student population who will be angry and parents as well. Much easier to handle the PR when it comes to a small percent of angry parents then if this was the Fall when you would have to deal with them all.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/