pending teachers strike, BCTF and the gov't

June 18, 2014, 9:50 a.m.

farmer says the economy is connected to gender issues . . .

and this thread is about education .

i think i understand farmer a lot better now .

June 18, 2014, 10:24 a.m.

"Right to work" is right wing Orwellian-speak for "right to abuse employees and bust unions".

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 18, 2014, 11:03 a.m.

What the VSB did is a load of liberal hippie bullshit. Gender is extremely fucking simple. Have a look down your shorts. If you see a dick, you're a guy. If you see a pussy, you're a girl. The system has worked pretty god damned well for the entirety of human evolution. No wonder our economy is in the shitter if people think this is an issue worthy of discussion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think this particular gender thing relates to AZN realestate agents in Vancover being worried that the VSB position on gender identity would affect sales because rich AZN's would think twice about coming here to buy a house from them which just fucks up the housing market anyhow so it was all just about money and I fail to see how this policy would be a bad thing for vancover?

Are you saying problems with gender identity do not exist or that you don't understand them or that you disagree with them ?

June 18, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

If BC had right to work laws, you might have an argument. But teachers aren't allowed to enter or leave the BCTF as they please and continue teaching in public schools. They are told that they much leave matters like their own pay to their benevolent betters and happily pay their dues.

Individuals are not able to argue for themselves. They do not have control over what they make. Their wage is not based on their personal abilities, but what the union bargains for them.

How exactly is this a free market?

How is this any different than any number of non-union corporations with many employees where the employee is subject to countless company policies including ones that regulate their pay scale? It is a free market because as you guys on the right love to say "They know what they are getting into and if they don't like it they can work elsewhere". So why is that the case for their wage and not for joining the union?

The truth is you don't believe a market is free unless the employer is free to do as they wish (no regs, no unions, just money). If the employees manage to gain negotiating power over the employer you cry foul, but the other way around it just capitalism. Large entities that employ many people wield the influence of their size all the time and you would celebrate that, but one employee can't do the same without banding together with their peers, so the forming of a union is a natural evolution in the free market.

June 18, 2014, 11:16 a.m.

What the VSB did is a load of liberal hippie bullshit. Gender is extremely fucking simple. Have a look down your shorts. If you see a dick, you're a guy. If you see a pussy, you're a girl. The system has worked pretty god damned well for the entirety of human evolution. No wonder our economy is in the shitter if people think this is an issue worthy of discussion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

breeding arrogant ignorance once again….as usual.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

June 18, 2014, 11:17 a.m.

farmer says the economy is connected to gender issues . . .

and this thread is about education .

i think i understand NEOCON REPUBLICANS a lot better now .

fixed

I'm ignoring Smedley.

June 18, 2014, 12:14 p.m.

I bet Farmer voted for Bush.

:canada:

June 18, 2014, 12:26 p.m.

If BC had right to work laws, you might have an argument. But teachers aren't allowed to enter or leave the BCTF as they please and continue teaching in public schools. They are told that they much leave matters like their own pay to their benevolent betters and happily pay their dues.

Individuals are not able to argue for themselves. They do not have control over what they make. Their wage is not based on their personal abilities, but what the union bargains for them.

How exactly is this a free market?

So you're saying teachers shouldn't be making the base salary they make, plus some stupid signing bonus that would more than cover the cuts to schooling cross canada last year? Hmmm…

Clunking is for retards.

June 18, 2014, 6:10 p.m.

Ken, Right to work still allows employees to unionize if they wish. It just means that they cannot be forced into it either. The end result (breaking those worthless pieces of shit) comes because hardworking people with any sort of iota of self respect and common sense know that they can be worth more than the average person if they work for it.

As for this gender confused he-she BS, I guess I don't understand it. Sounds like a bunch of new-age psychologist lies to me.

chupacabra, the difference is that you still have the ability to negotiate for yourself in a company with fixed wage policies. Let's say that Miner Joe goes to work for a union operation. Unions love seniority, which is why their contract ends up saying that in the five eight-hour shifts that Joe works that week, his wage will depend on the number of years of service he has, not competency in his position. When there is overtime available, it has to be offered to the most Sr miners first.

Miner Fred goes to work for the Troy Mine, a non-union company. His wage is based on achieving a specific set of skills that are made very clear. Time in the job doesn't have anything to do with it. When we have overtime available, we offer it to whoever wants it and is able to do the required job. First come, first serve.

Both situations have set wage tiers, determined by company policy. One benefits employees based on years of service. The other is based on their competency.

I bet Farmer voted for Bush.

Na, they haven't given me citizenship yet. I'll still be mailing my vote for James Moore back to Canada next year.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

June 18, 2014, 6:38 p.m.

Is there anything we can do to help speed up the process?

June 18, 2014, 6:43 p.m.

As for this gender confused he-she BS, I guess I don't understand it. Sounds like a bunch of new-age psychologist lies to me.

Right, you don't understand it therefore it's BS. Typical neocon bigoted logic.

www.natooke.com

June 19, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

chupacabra, the difference is that you still have the ability to negotiate for yourself in a company with fixed wage policies. Let's say that Miner Joe goes to work for a union operation. Unions love seniority, which is why their contract ends up saying that in the five eight-hour shifts that Joe works that week, his wage will depend on the number of years of service he has, not competency in his position. When there is overtime available, it has to be offered to the most Sr miners first.

Miner Fred goes to work for the Troy Mine, a non-union company. His wage is based on achieving a specific set of skills that are made very clear. Time in the job doesn't have anything to do with it. When we have overtime available, we offer it to whoever wants it and is able to do the required job. First come, first serve.

Both situations have set wage tiers, determined by company policy. One benefits employees based on years of service. The other is based on their competency.

That is great info, but I didn't ask how unions work. In your scenarios, which job will pay Fred more? It is usually the union job. Now admittedly, basing everything on seniority is not the best way to go, but then isn't it up to the individual to take this up with their union?

For the average worker negotiating with a large corporation will not be as effective as having a union do it for them, even after dues. The union provides the service of negotiating better contracts for a fee. That is free market capitalism in action.

June 19, 2014, 10 a.m.

Gender is extremely fucking simple. Have a look down your shorts. If you see a dick, you're a guy. If you see a pussy, you're a girl.

Dude its not that simple. First off, you have people born with birth anomolies - Look up, for example, Klinefelter syndrome - people born with 3 sex chromosomes instead of 2 (estimated prevalance 1 in 500 to 1 in 1000 live male births). The second is that there is an entire spectrum of human gender behaviour/brain wiring. There are women who are very masculine and men who are very effeminate because of environment (ie their upbringing) and/or their genetics (hormone levels, chromosomal anomolies etc). And they are not necessarily "gay". Giving license to lay the hate on someone because you don't like how they look, what they wear, how they walk or talk or conduct their private lives is an injustice. For all those guys who are worried that knowing someone gay will turn them gay, well, maybe they have some unresolved issues to deal with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wQ8vJKKBuc

June 19, 2014, 10:55 a.m.

which is precisely why we need to have these conversations

and don't forget Farmer IS an engineer who does not seem to possess a filter, I have even seen americans want to crawl thru the screen and thump him over shit he spews

This does not necessarily mean we should cut him slack … its just more understanding

anybody ever read the book Middlesex ?

June 19, 2014, 11:21 a.m.

While it's a bit of a derail, rather than spending so much time trying to deal with cross genders and confusing gender/sex issues we should just let people in question call themselves whatever they want. IMO we should spend less effort on correctly categorizing and more time realizing how little it matters outside of the context of a personal relationship.

As far as I'm concerned all you need to know about cross genders other than that there's lots of causes, every person is different, and it's not something they made up. Gender discussion has no place at work. Even pro gender mixing to "build diversity" is a joke. If your workplace diversity hinges on gender, your not doing it right.