pending teachers strike, BCTF and the gov't

June 16, 2014, 3:59 p.m.

go nuts

It looks like BC stacks up pretty well against the rest of the country. So the question is; Since BC teachers achieve results above the Canadian average despite having the highest student to teacher ratios, how much more should we pay them?

How do you know that teachers in the rest of Canada aren't overpaid? TA-DA-DAH!

June 16, 2014, 4:16 p.m.

maybe they aren't overpaid at all, and the rest of us are underpaid.

June 16, 2014, 4:22 p.m.

maybe they aren't overpaid at all, and the rest of us are underpaid.

blasphemy.
you just need to work harder to make more money.. yeah. thats it.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 16, 2014, 4:25 p.m.

Isn't BC the province that veto'd HST whilst Ontario just lived with it? What province are you comparing to when you make statements like this ?

Ontario just found other ways to screw it up….8 Billion in scandal.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 16, 2014, 7:36 p.m.

How do you know that teachers in the rest of Canada aren't overpaid? TA-DA-DAH!

More importantly, if the other provinces really had it better BC teachers could leave. The invisible hand would force the BC Gov't to raise their wages, and all would be right in the free market.

Instead, we have a system where union take turns holding employers ransom demanding slightly more than the others got. It's a self-perpetuating one way ticket to bankruptcy.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

June 17, 2014, 9:56 a.m.

More importantly, if the other provinces really had it better BC teachers could leave. The invisible hand would force the BC Gov't to raise their wages, and all would be right in the free market.

Instead, we have a system where union take turns holding employers ransom demanding slightly more than the others got. It's a self-perpetuating one way ticket to bankruptcy.

The problem with that invisible hand is that we never know when it is giving us all the finger.

Explain to me why when one person makes decisions and negotiates a better life for themselves it is capitalism shining in glory but when a collective of people does the same it is Karl Marx taking a dump on us all? Unions are a part of a free market whether you like them or not.

June 17, 2014, 10:04 a.m.

The invisible hand

Let's keep religion out of this conversation.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 17, 2014, 7:24 p.m.

While everyone is focused on the Teachers vs Big Bad Guberment the VSB is busy delving into social engineering.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/06/17/kelly-mcparland-vancouver-school-board-gender-policy-allows-xe-or-xem-in-place-of-he-or-her/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 17, 2014, 7:48 p.m.

The problem with that invisible hand is that we never know when it is giving us all the finger.

Explain to me why when one person makes decisions and negotiates a better life for themselves it is capitalism shining in glory but when a collective of people does the same it is Karl Marx taking a dump on us all? Unions are a part of a free market whether you like them or not.

If BC had right to work laws, you might have an argument. But teachers aren't allowed to enter or leave the BCTF as they please and continue teaching in public schools. They are told that they much leave matters like their own pay to their benevolent betters and happily pay their dues.

Individuals are not able to argue for themselves. They do not have control over what they make. Their wage is not based on their personal abilities, but what the union bargains for them.

How exactly is this a free market?

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

June 17, 2014, 8:06 p.m.

How exactly is this a free market?

Can you provide an example of a healthy free market?

June 18, 2014, 1:55 a.m.

While everyone is focused on the Teachers vs Big Bad Guberment the VSB is busy delving into social engineering.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/06/17/kelly-mcparland-vancouver-school-board-gender-policy-allows-xe-or-xem-in-place-of-he-or-her/

Well what the VSB did with that policy is not that bad of a thing at all… I see nothing wrong with to be honest… Gender is pretty complex (and shouldn't be confused with sex). Kids as young as 6 do somewhat have a bit of an idea about their own gender identity. Yeah it's young, but they do have an idea about their own. It's clear that the author of that piece doesn't really know much about gender identity issues and what not and is more confusing gender with sex. Also if the kid doesn't want their parents knowing how they identify, who cares? It's the kids right to let their parents know when they feel comfortable with them knowing.

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

June 18, 2014, 3:36 a.m.

What the VSB did is a load of liberal hippie bullshit. Gender is extremely fucking simple. Have a look down your shorts. If you see a dick, you're a guy. If you see a pussy, you're a girl. The system has worked pretty god damned well for the entirety of human evolution. No wonder our economy is in the shitter if people think this is an issue worthy of discussion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

June 18, 2014, 4:25 a.m.

Unfortunately gender isn't always black and white.
Their policies should make for some good abuses of washroom use.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 18, 2014, 8:41 a.m.

What the VSB did is a load of liberal hippie bullshit. Gender is extremely fucking simple. Have a look down your shorts. If you see a dick, you're a guy. If you see a pussy, you're a girl. The system has worked pretty god damned well for the entirety of human evolution. No wonder our economy is in the shitter if people think this is an issue worthy of discussion.

Wow…guess someone doesn't understand the difference between sex and gender. You might want to try and become a bit more informed before you go on rants like this that clearly show your misunderstanding of the concepts being discussed.

June 18, 2014, 9:45 a.m.

there you go again, proving what a bigoted asshole you are, again.