Palestinian Garbage Truck

July 21, 2010, 5:26 a.m.

B57 is a nuclear bomb.

The B-57 "Canberra" was a bomber /recci plane in Korea and Vietnam

Pastor of Muppets

July 21, 2010, 7:13 a.m.

The B-57 "Canberra" was a bomber /recci plane in Korea and Vietnam

And Canada never used them. Switch you're out of your league.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

July 21, 2010, 7:27 a.m.

He wasn't being clear. The B57 he is referring to is this,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B57_nuclear_bomb

These where apparently at CFB Baden-Soellingen till around 1971 for use with the Widow Maker aka CF-104's.

This would have been a tactical weapon for destroying large concentrations of troops and such at say Fulda Gap. Or destroying large supply depots and such.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 21, 2010, 8:07 a.m.

He wasn't being clear. The B57 he is referring to is this,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B57_nuclear_bomb

These where apparently at CFB Baden-Soellingen till around 1971 for use with the Widow Maker aka CF-104's.

This would have been a tactical weapon for destroying large concentrations of troops and such at say Fulda Gap. Or destroying large supply depots and such.

I know what he's referring to and the CP140 Aurora NEVER had that weapon on its armament list. The Aurora has never dropped a bomb. We talked about going through trials at AETE but it was considered a "nice to have". Harpoon, maverick option was shot down too.

Don't mess with an MP AERE. :rocker:

July 21, 2010, 8:12 a.m.

So you went to Thunder Chicken school as well.:P

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 21, 2010, 9:24 a.m.

There's two now. Back to Comox in Sep!

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 21, 2010, 10:46 a.m.

Next you'll be telling us that our silos in the northern Prairies never existed.

If you don't have clearance to discuss, I understand.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 21, 2010, 10:51 a.m.

Next you'll be telling us that our silos in the northern Prairies never existed.

If you don't have clearance to discuss, I understand.

Actually to be honest not the biggest expert on the Bomarc and possible other fixed missile bases. Just the Aurora. :)

One thing I've learned is our government does more stuff without public knowledge than the US. Our system is less open overall.

July 21, 2010, 11:25 a.m.

So all the pongos who hung out at the Mexicana were lying to me about the ASW capabilities at the CFB in Lazo?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 21, 2010, 12:42 p.m.

One thing I've learned is our government does more stuff without public knowledge than the US. Our system is less open overall.

No kidding. How many people know how ham strung JTF2 operators are in Afghanistan? Many missed oppurtunities to do their job with the locals. But are required to call back to Ottawa to get the okay by some political hack with no clue to get the go ahead. Kind of like Jah having to phone some guy in London if it's okay to install certain wires, and said guy has no fucking clue what Jah is even ding and the environment.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 21, 2010, 1:39 p.m.

Kind of like Jah having to phone some guy in London if it's okay to install certain wires, and said guy has no fucking clue what Jah is even ding and the environment.

:lol: Actually if you replace "London" with "Ottawa" or "Winnipeg", that's exactly what it is to be an aerospace engineer in the military.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 21, 2010, 1:48 p.m.

:lol: Actually if you replace "London" with "Ottawa" or "Winnipeg", that's exactly what it is to be an aerospace engineer in the military.

:lol: sounds about right. Response time will depend on what the Tee Times are.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk