opening ceremonies

Feb. 13, 2010, 1:50 a.m.

anyone go? i am a volunteer cast member, I was an Audience leader, pretty much just sit and watch and once in a while tell ppl to use their flashlights ect.

atmosphere in stadium was un real, super rad, hard to believe after so much anticipation its over, now the sports begin ahah.

how did you all like the show?

Ive seen it live about 5.5 times now and each time i was blown away, 2 am and i finally see a TV broadcast, looks good on tv too.

we the Cast put in huge amount of work and I hope you all and Canada loved it, aside of a few glitches, I think we blew everyones expectaions.

if anyone has questions about the show as well, ask away, have seen and done a lot to do with them.

let the sports beging and RIP Nador.

Feb. 13, 2010, 2:39 a.m.

I actually likedit. didn't really watch properly cause I was at work but it was pretty good except for the Indian parts. thiswould be amazing to watch on LSD methinks

Feb. 13, 2010, 2:53 a.m.

except for the Indian parts.

Highlight for me.

Really liked it all.

I ride Bikes

Feb. 13, 2010, 2:54 a.m.

The poem that guy read out was really cool, the ceremonies seemed cheesy but typical to the olympics I guess. However the torch lighting ceremony was embarrassing, one would have to wonder if some protesters sabotaged that. Gretskys driving of the torch was a farce though, was the route a detour because of protests? Watching canadas "greatest athlete" ride in a truck and wave like queen victoria was pretty sad.

Feb. 13, 2010, 3:03 a.m.

Those "glitches" you speak of were unnoticeable… the show was so well doen no one is going to notice them…. UNREAL show, sooooooooo sick.

Just watching it on tv made me proud to be canadian, and proud to be here while its all going on.

im still blown away by how awesome the atmosphere is in the city. just got home ( 'round 2:30) and everyones just starting to slow down, its like being in europe. I've been walking around with beers on the main streets DT and no one has said shit all.

GO CANADA

anus

Feb. 13, 2010, 3:08 a.m.

the whole cauldron fiasco will for sure leave a sour taste with the production crew, they barely rehearsed it , ive been at BC place for about 5 full dress rehearsals the past few weeks and the closest they got to rehearsing it was 4 stand ins walkign with wooden sticks, it was very secret. I had the chance to see the actual bearers rehearse with the actual cauldron last night but wanted to have a suprise for today. I just saw the truck drive wayne on a re run on tv now ( left the stadium a tad early to get changed out of costume) and it seemed so weird, an olympic first i geuss, wayne was a bit stiff, didnt seem that jovial, but oh well.

I really like how they have the separate one downtown , that one looks grat.

they gave us all an official program after the show and they graciously listed everyone involved,i even got my name in it! great crowd involved

Feb. 13, 2010, 4:12 a.m.

Those "glitches" you speak of were unnoticeable… the show was so well doen no one is going to notice them…. UNREAL show, sooooooooo sick.

Just watching it on tv made me proud to be canadian, and proud to be here while its all going on.

im still blown away by how awesome the atmosphere is in the city. just got home ( 'round 2:30) and everyones just starting to slow down, its like being in europe. I've been walking around with beers on the main streets DT and no one has said shit all.

GO CANADA

this

if tonight was a preview of things to come then we are in for some fun two weeks

Feb. 13, 2010, 6:55 a.m.

That version of our national anthem was pretty weak.

Feb. 13, 2010, 7:24 a.m.

Devorider - thx. That was pretty fun to see - we saw dress rehearsal 2 and the opening on TV and both were nicely done

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:04 a.m.

Bryan Adams wants shooting.

It reminded me of the Eurovision Song Contest in Europe….lame, commercial and cheesy as hell but you get sucked in to watching it. Needed more Ice Road Truckers and Front Line Assembly.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:09 a.m.

I really liked it when Sean Penn covered Leonard Cohen. That was Sean Penn singing Hallelujah wasn't it? I wasn't really sure why Leonard Cohen didn't perform it himself although I heard he's got a bad back.

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:10 a.m.

I was pleasantly surprised how good a job they did although I think they made it like all Canada is are French people, native people or crazy leather fiddlers. I do agree that the anthem was a little messed up but I'd still hit the chick that sang it. The roar of the crowd when Canada came into the stadium gave me goosebumps and definitely made me proud to be Canadian.

I'd do nasty, nasty things to Nelly Furtado and it looks like she has developed a nice booty. KD Lang did an amazing job.

Did anyone else notice Gordo bouncing around like a kid who had too many pixie stix for dinner?

PS. Go "Snow Leopard".

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:17 a.m.

I really liked it when Sean Penn covered Leonard Cohen. That was Sean Penn singing Hallelujah wasn't it? I wasn't really sure why Leonard Cohen didn't perform it himself although I heard he's got a bad back.

No that was Martin Sheen.

Other than that, for the first time in my life I felt a little bit of Canadian pride, especially after the east coast fiddle section.

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:32 a.m.

Highlights:

Fiddler mohawk tribal guy
The big grand finale fucking up
then watching Wayne Gretzky look awkward on a truck for 10 minutes
Nelly Furtado lacking any sense of context
Stephen Harper not showing a single emotion the entire time
The inferiority complex I am Canadian neckbeard thing

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:32 a.m.

gordo was getting sauced and ready to drive wayne to the flame.

ceremony was great - i felt a surge of nationalism, too. we should be proud of that one.